Saturday, July 02, 2022

Snarky Thoughts

Two weeks ago, Beyoncé announced that Renaissance, her seventh studio album, will be released on July 29, and then last week she released the first single, Break My Soul, and this week she released the cover art ... with a semi-nude Beyoncé on a giant plastic horse.

My thought: she’s a stripper now?

photo

Well, it looks like Poor Little Bitch Girl—not a typo—Erika Jayne won’t be able to pawn off a pair of diamond earrings that cost $750,000 to pay her rent next month. She has been ordered by a judge to hand them over because her husband Tom  Girardi bought them with stolen money that was supposed to go to victims of the Lion Air Flight 610 crash.

My thought: couldn’t happen to a nicer grifter.

photo

When the Friends reunion aired on HBO Max last year, we were reminded again that the show was the whitest thing seen on TV even though it was set in the most diverse city in the world. And we learned that two of the Friends‘ creators, Kevin Bright and Marta Kauffman, stand by their all-white casting choices though Marta wants y’all to know she’ll be funding future students at Brandeis University with a $4 million pledge for the African American studies department.

My thought: you’re about twenty-plus years late.

photo

There has been gossip that Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn are  engaged and a source—you know it’s Taylor—says that when they do get hitched, it will be a very simple, elegant affair, and no pictures will be sold to Vogue or Hello! Magazine or :::gag::: People.

My thought: Taylor will release an album with a slew of sappy off-key tunes and pictures of the wedding so she can make some coins.

photo

Well, Miles Teller’s granny Leona “Mup” Flowers thinks there’s nothing Miles can’t do, and went on Twitter this week to ay that Miles should be the next James Bond.

My thought: Mup is due for a nap.

photo

23 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:57 PM

    Erika Jayne story is so disgusting and typical of the greed and ignorance going on in this country

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never watched Friends. I could be wrong, but never understood the allure of the that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White people. Straight white people. Boring straight white people.

      Delete
  3. I assumed it was an ice horse. She seems to be about as warm as one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has Saturday's post been renamed again or is this a one off? Snarky Thoughts, I like it.
    Friends had no allure for me at all. Same with Seinfeld.
    I just don't get the whole Beyonce thing. Never have, never will. Same with Taylor Swift. Have I slipped into stodge city?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to switch things up.
      I loved Seinfeld! Friends? Meh.
      Beyoncé is so try hard and Taylor is so predictable, and neither one can actually sing.

      Delete
  5. With three kids we watched whatever
    the kids watched. It was my daughter
    who introduced me to RuPauls Drag
    Race.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beyonce who? Naked on plastic, sounds like something one of the media whore Kardiashi things might think of. Friends was very white, but then so was just about every other sitcom at the time. Seinfeld was also extremely popular and very white. They weren't written to be revolutionary, or break ground, and were a reflection of the times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beyonce's new album cover is definitely tacky. I liked Friends, but in small doses. They were "there for you" a bit too much in my opinion, but that may be because I'm a person who doesn't need people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyoncé is tacky. She's from the Too Much Club.

      Delete
  8. Either he is older than he looks, or Taylor is old enough to be his mother, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Has Beyonce only just learnt about Lady Godiva?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Beyoncé will soon try to say she wrote the story of Godiva.

      Delete
  10. That's more of Beyoncé than I want to see. But I kind of like the horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any of Beyoncé is too much.

      Delete
  11. Beyoncé has bought into her hype. Never cared for her. She is not as all talented as she thinks she is. Know her history. She is not a liable person. Greedy and self-centered I say. And by the way did she really have those kids or did she use a surrogate.

    Friends. I was a fan but did not watch it all the time. I liked the Joey and Chandler relationship. Could that be any gayer. Monica was too over bearing. Rachel was a mean pretty girl. A Phoebe was just clueless, smart, and funny. Ross was just Ross. Yes, too white. Yes, she is going to donate some money now as a gesture but she is still cashing the paychecks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disliked Beyoncé after I heard of a Destiny's Child Christmas album where she added a line to Silent Night and took a writing credit.
      Marta didn't know it was too white back then? Girl was not paying attention!

      Delete

  12. I lost respect for Beyonce knowing Jayz cheated on her and she's tolerated that. I could understand an open marriage kind of deal but judging by her song lyrics, I don't think that was the case.

    I do wish Taylor Swift all the happiness. Everyone has judged her romantic life so much, most don't realize she's been in aa long term relationship for so long

    I do give friends some slack as I remember at least two major interracial relationships on the show.

    Miles Teller doesn't deserve most of his shitty roles to begin with

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......