Friday, February 19, 2021

I Didn't Say It ...

David Cicilline, Rhode Island Congressman, and Senator Jeff Merkley of Oregon, both Democrats, reintroduced the Equality Act, which guarantees explicit, permanent protections for LGBTQ +people under existing civil rights laws; Cicilline said:

“In 2021, every American should be treated with respect and dignity. Yet, in most states, LGBTQ people can be discriminated against because of who they are, or who they love. It is past time for that to change. I’m proud to introduce the Equality Act today, and I look forward to continuing to work with Senator Merkley to get this bill signed into law.”

And Merkley added:

“All of us go to work and school, go home, and go shopping, and none of us should have to keep our families hidden or pretend to be someone we’re not to do those things. But in 29 states, Americans can still be evicted, be thrown out of a restaurant, or be denied a loan because of who they are or whom they love. We all love the vision of America as a land of freedom and equality, but are we willing to take the steps to make that vision closer to reality? Let’s make 2021 the year the Equality Act crosses the finish line and is signed into law by President Biden.”

Seriously, it’s 2021 and we’re still fighting for simple equality?

photo 1    photo 2

Hig Roberts, a two-time national champion in Alpine skiing, coming out as gay:

“Not being able to be who I am and not be able to be openly gay as a professional athlete was truly hindering my performance. I just woke up one morning and I said, ‘Enough is enough.’ I love this sport more than anything—I’m so lucky and privileged to be doing this—but I can’t go on another day not trying to achieve the person that I am meant to be. Which I think for each and every one of us, one of those main goals needs to be happiness and authenticity. It’s part of me and I’m proud of it, and I’m ready to be happy.”

Welcome out, Hig, and please accept as our gift from HOMO HQ the Official Coming Out Toaster Oven and your own copy of the Gay Agenda.

Welcome out.

photo

Jeff Flake, former Arizona Republican who quit because of the former president, saying IMPOTUS should have been convicted:

“My fellow Republicans, to make our way back from this four-year detour will require a dose of honest self-reflection. We were once the conservative party. Our party chose to vacate any claim to that mantle when we gave ourselves over to a reality TV figure whose commitment to anything other than his own self-interest has always been hard to discern. He cared so little about anyone or anything other than himself that we now know that he couldn’t even be stirred to defend his own Vice President when his life was in danger. We didn’t convict him. We should have, but we didn’t. Let’s not compound the grievous injury to the country and our party by continuing to embrace him.”

Perhaps you shouldn’t have run when the going got tough, sir. Perhaps you should have grown a spine, stood up to the former president and the sycophants in the party, instead of quitting.

Your words have no meaning.

photo

Bill Cassidy, Louisiana GOP Senator, on why he voted to impeach, and on being censured by the state’s GOP leadership:

“It was clear that he wished lawmakers be intimidated. And even after he knew there was violence taking place, he continued to basically sanction the mob being there. And not until later did he ask them to leave. All of that points to a motive and a method, and that is wrong. He should be held accountable. That’s the trust that I have from the people who elected me, and I’m very confident that as time passes people will move to that position. I was elected to uphold an oath to support and defend the Constitution. The majority of the people in Louisiana want that to be the case. And I have respected that trust. I have voted to support and defend the Constitution. Rather than defending the Constitution, [the former president] was actively subverting the peaceful transfer of power, which is a bedrock principle of the Constitution. I voted to convict [the former president] because he is guilty. That’s what the facts demand. I have no illusions that this is a popular decision. I made this decision because Americans should not be fed lies about ‘massive election fraud.’ Police should not be left to the mercy of a mob. Mobs should not be inflamed to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power. I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution, and I take that oath seriously. This was, is, and will remain my commitment to you.”

This is how you put the country over the party and its racist, insurrection inciting criminal boss. And for the party to censure him for having balls, a spine, and an opinion to do the right thing, shows exactly who the GOP, er, GQP works.

photo

Sean Duffy, Fox News contributor and former US Congressman, laying blame for the insurrection at the wrong feet:

“If you dig too deep, I don’t think Democrats wanted to see what we were going to find. What did Nancy Pelosi know? When did she know it? If she knew that there was attack on Capitol, why didn’t she secure it earlier? Why didn’t she bring in the National Guard? What did Mitch McConnell know? What did AOC know? They don’t want to look there, Pete. They want to keep the focus on [the former president], not on what they didn’t do to protect the Capitol.”

Funny, how this former asshat doesn’t realize the job was to protect the Capital from your leader? There’s a reason you’re a former Congressman you conspiracy theory spreading QAnon loon.

You’re dumb.

photo

12 comments:

  1. I'm with you on Jeff Flake; he could have spoken out many, many times and chose to keep his trap shut.

    I thought that equality was now a given in the US, or did the Trumposaur overturn it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big of Jeff Flake to be so outspoken ever since he's had no power. Useless. He can just shut up for all I care.

    Imagine that. Still fighting for equality in 2021 in what I've been told is "the greatest country in the world."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean Duffy... spin machine on tilt. Still, Fox News keeps putting a quarter in him. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

    Bill Cassidy. Too little. All these azzhats had an opportunity to become a beacon for their party, and, instead... allowed the likes of Cruz, Gaetz, and Hawley to rule the day. F him. Coward. Yay, he did the right thing. Boo that he didn't do it sooner.

    Flake - another coward.

    Hig Roberts. Yay. His white privilege allows him the luxury of coming out while pursuing something that contributes nothing to the world, but feeds his own ego. Yay. Yeah... let's celebrate that.

    Equality? There is no such thing as long as privileged white men are the ones holding the keys to the Lexus. I'm so glad they are content to pat themselves on the back and say... we try... That's why AOC scares them... looking at what's coming to replace you? That's scary.

    Sorry. In a bad mood today. :)

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really trust any Repug. They're all like Flake (oh the irony) and Duffy. Not to be trusted at any moment. Good for the Dems pushing through something good and absolutely different to what IMPOTUS2 did.
    Welcome, Mr. Roberts! Yay! One more out of the closet!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUCK YOU, DUFFY & FLAKE & CASSIDY!

    I like people who are PROUD of who they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few slopes and tip Hig can work on to improve his alpine skiing....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duffy is doing what Republicans have always done, deflect and lie.

    Coming from a deep red state, one can only say that Cassidy has balls.

    I agree with you on Flake.

    Hello Hig!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning number of people believe that existing civil rights laws already protect LGBTQ+ people. A recent Supreme Court case did (FINALLY) result in employment protections, but there are still gaps in some states for things such as housing. I think a lot of people just don't know this.

    I think Flake left because he was so disgusted with the partisan gridlock in Washington. I don't fault him for that. I think his heart's in the right place on certain issues. (Though I'm sure I disagree with him on about a million others.)

    Who the f*ck is Sean Duffy? I've never even heard of that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only thing I agree on with Duffy is if an investigation is done, and it comes up some suspected something bad might happen either, by the Rd or D's and no one said anything...their just as bad and need to go. If anyone suspected anything they should have spoke up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only question I have for today is Did Carlos make it through the evening? Was he fed? Is he ok? Tuxedo did not report back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Helen
    Flake is a coward who walked away and now gripes from the sidelines. Sorry, don't care.

    @Mitchell
    I believe I read somewhere that Useless is Flake's middle name.

    @uptonking
    Sean is a wing.nut.
    I'll give Cassidy a small pass because he stood up to the GQP but, ys, he should have done it sooner and louder.
    Poor Hig. I see your bad mood. i don't mind it though, unless it's aimed at me!!!! =)

    @AM
    You and me both ... about the Pride!!

    @MM
    I imagine Hig is good on slippery slopes.

    @TDM
    The march goes on!

    @Dave
    When I think of Flake, I think of me, quitting a job, and then standing outside that job still complaining about it.

    @Steve
    There are still states where you can be fired for being gay. In 2021!!!!
    Duffy was a wingnut politician who lost reelection and then slithered over to Fox News for a job. In other words, he's no one.

    @Asriel Pullman
    There has been no proof that Pelosi knew anything about this, it's just another GQAnonP lie. Boebert and Greene have suggested it and yet over a month later have offered no proof.

    @VRCooper
    Carlos had a meal, and relaxed with a sleeping cat the rest of the evening.



    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......