Saturday, February 06, 2021

I Ain't One To Gossip But ...

Apparently actress and director Olivia Wilde has zero fucks to give and has implemented a strict No Assholes policy on the set of her movies, including her most recent directorial outing, “Don’t Worry Darling.”

That story came to light last September when word broke that Shia LaBeouf had been replaced by Harry Styles due to a scheduling conflict, when in fact Wilde fired him because, well, asshole:

“The no assholes policy, it puts everybody on the same level,” Wilde concluded. “I also noticed as an actress for years how the hierarchy of the set separated the actors from the crew in this very strange way that serves no one…I think actors would actually like to know more about what’s happening there when you’re pulling my focus? What is that lens change? But the idea of, don’t bother the actors and keep them separate, and don’t look at them. I think it makes everyone quite anxious.”

And so she removed “asshole” LaBeouf’s from “Don’t Worry Darling” and replaced him with Harry Styles, except … rumor also has it that Harry Styles is responsible for the breakup last fall of Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis, so maybe she has a “no asshole, replace with my new trick” policy?

photo 1   photo 2

It looks like Kim Kardastrophe West and Kanye Kardastrophe West‘“separate lives” nonsense has taken another teeny-weeny baby step towards divorce as reports have come out that the two no longer even speak to each other.

Oh.The.Terror.

It was a few weeks back when we learned that KK was no longer wearing her ring, and now we learned that Kanye just moved 500 pairs of shoes out of their Calabasas mansion.

Oh.The.Humanity.

photo

I’ll start off by saying that I have a wee crush on Adam Driver—seriously, who don’t I have a crush on—though he’s not what you might call classically handsome; he just has something. So, this story piqued my interest.

Driver has been in the gossip columns this week because he was accused of assaulting 73-year-old Lidia Franco, his co-start in Terry Gilliam’s The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. Franco about her experience on set in a recent interview that was conducted in Portuguese and ALLEGEDLY the English translation of her quotes caused lots of confusion on social media.

In the initial interview, Franco seemingly accused Adam Driver of attacking her with a chair, and also claimed that extras and crew members were ordered not to look at him or even be around him when they weren’t filming. Both Gilliam and the production company have said none of these stories are true, and now, ALLEGEDLY, the rumors are being blamed on bad translations.

In a statement, Franco now says she was never assaulted by Driver, and that he never threw a chair at her, but, in a scene they filmed together:

“Our characters … had to be physically close. I considered the actor’s [she can’t even say his name?] behavior to be rude because, in the preparation of a scene, he didn’t take the care I believe he should have taken … and every time he stood up with the force of the character to do the rest of the scene, the chair in which he was sitting would bump into me with some force, which bothered me.”

Now, she claims that in the original interview she was just venting, though somehow she turned a bump into an assault.

I looked up the Portuguese translation for ‘Karen.’

It’s Karen.

photo 1  photo 2

Meanwhile, on the Armie Hammer front … while he has remained fairly quiet after several women came forward and accused of all kinds of physical and sexual abuse, and perhaps even cannibalism, The Daily Mail  was given messages and audio of Armie whining about how he’s being “kink shamed” by the internet and how women are now offering up their body parts for him to eat.

The Daily Mail says that a woman, who wished to remain anonymous, claims she started talking to Armie in December on Instagram. Armie shared all of his fantasies with her and tried to get her to join in. And then came all these allegations and Armie ALLEGEDLY cried and whined to this female friend that he was being “kink shamed.” Oh, and he bragged that he’s been getting lots and lots of offers from “girls who said I can eat pieces of them.”

But wait there’s more. Armie sent voice notes to this woman where he says:

“I wanna hear about each orgasm. I want you to tell me how it felt like. How strong it was. How long it lasted. Those are mine, don’t forget, so you have to tell me everything.”

The ick factor rises like bile in my throat.

On the upside, I recently rewatched Jagged Edge with Glenn Close and Jeff Bridges and I realized how much like Jeff Bridges in the 80s reminds me of my former flame, Armie. So, when I hear more sickening tales of Armie’s perversions I will simply think of Jeff Bridges from 1987.

Crisis averted!

19 comments:

  1. Armie gives me the heebie jeebies, but it's odd that you mentioned the Jagged Edge because there is a resemblance with Jeff Bridges. The only reason I remember that film though is because of the terrible continuity. I remember in one scene Glen Close stood up in court wearing one suit and when she sat back down she was wearing a different blouse. The continuity was dreadful throughout. Shame really as I thought it was a good film but I got too distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the no assholes policy. Many years ago, one of my former offices let go an office manager who hated everyone in the place, a couple of weeks later in a staff meeting we all broke down in how much nicer it was to come to work without him there. We paid him a generous severance, it was worth ten times what we paid to be rid of the negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm calling somewhat bullshit on both the Driver and Hammer thing.

    I would be far from calling Franco a "Karen". When it comes to assault against women - especially in the movie industry - there is a well established trail of this and of looking the other way OR putting down the woman and of squashing her voice. And Driver's behaviour in interviews certainly points to him never getting a job on an Olivia Wilde movie (which is two blessings in one!).

    As for Hammer, I am not sure it's physically possible to have this many conversations or "relationships" since the time of his separation and in the time of covid - or in the mere time-space continuum. I don't doubt some of what has been 'reported' is true, but I find it difficult that this amount could be. Also, for a secret instragram account, a lot of people certainly know about it and have access to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the sleaze is really oozing today!
    I love Jeff Bridges. He has an interesting face with character, and he can act! Which is more than I can say about Armie Hammer. That boy's been sniffing too much baking soda. Get it? I just kill myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. shit like this makes me glad I'm a "nobody".

    and who the fuck needs 500 pairs of shoes!!!!! ya only got 2 feet! I have 3 pairs and that's plenty for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @deedles - hee hee hee! you be something else, duchess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The thing I most remember about 'Jagged Edge' - and exactly the same is true of 'Dressed to Kill' [and I've not seen either of them again since their first release in the cinema back in the 80s] - is that when the identity of the actual killer is revealed the faces are so scrunched up with the shame of being found out that when I saw it I wasn't sure for a while just who it was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She only moved 500 pairs of shoes? Such a small gesture, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 500 pairs of shoes... that
    says it all there!!!

    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Armie IS adorable, though, on a purely physical level. Sheesh. All of these people seem seriously messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Jagged Edge. Fond memories. Mr. Bridges... generally a good player. As for Mr. Hammer and his kinks? Well, fantasy is allowed as long as it is a shared fantasy. I mean, people have rape fantasies, and as long as it doesn't move into real life and everyone is on the same page...? Well, same goes for cannibalism. I assume it was meant to stay in the bedroom. As for our mystery woman divulging all this? Seems suspect. As in, it was consensual, as long as I believed there was a chance you could be my next husband... but when that didn't happen... well, now I have issues with it? No, that's not how consent works, dears. This scandal? Titillating, yes... but a big old nothing-burger.

    Driver is very talented, in an ick way. I have a feeling he is a bit insufferable to work with. That said... we can't blame Lidia for wanting to create a bit of interest. She succeeded, yes, at Driver's expense, but then, he has exposure to burn. Nothing-burger.

    Keem and Can-He? Sigh. Who cares. Except... at least now Kim doesn't have to wear Can-He's dull, lifeless idea of fashion wear. I would burn all that in a nice bonfire. In the name of Jeebus. Or whatever it is Can-He? calls himself.

    Shia. File Driver under Shia. In fact, the two would make a really interesting kink couple. Yeah... talented, but what a pain. What ego. How misguided. It's toxic male BS of the acting sort. Harry, on the other hand, looks smashing in that set of pearls. Bravo. And Ms. Wilde. Bravo. Breakdown those tired barriers. Elitism is NOT art.

    Thanks for the meal. I enjoyed it very much. Kizzes. Stay warm. A bit on the chilly side here. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Treaders
    There was a scene in Jagged Edge where Bridges is talking to Close as she sits in a car and that was when I realized how much alike they look, without the ick.
    @Travel
    Sounds like a good work plan in many places!
    @Blobby
    Well, Lidia did go from saying he threw a chair to he bumped me with a chair.
    And no one else on that set says Driver was rude to anyone, so, for me,the Karen sticks.
    As for Hammer, he has not denied any of these stories, and in fact has said he feels “kink shamed” which sounds like he did do them. And if you’re a serial cheater you could have many side-pieces.

    @Deedles
    It was a lot of sleaze!
    I love Bridges, too.
    And yes, you kill me, too!

    @AM
    I know, right?
    Kanye needs a different pair for each personality??

    @Raybeard
    In the case of Jagged Edge, we kinda new Bridges was the killer before that last frame, when the mask was ripped off.

    @Debra
    It’s very telling when the shoes are removed.

    @TDM
    Yup.

    @Steve
    Armie is hot, but I can’t get passed the ick factor, so I’ll picture 80s Jeff Bridges instead!

    @uptonking
    I agree with you …consenting adults and all. But him telling this women that her orgasms belonged to him is really creepy; and I actually heard the recording and it sounds like Hammer and, again, he doesn’t deny this stuff.
    I’ve heard Driver will not watch himself in film clips on interview shows, but I don’t get a jerk vibe from him. Yet?
    I just feel that Mr and Mrs Kardastrophe are playing this divorce nonsense in dribs and drabs and saving the real buts up for a Very Special Episode of KUWTH.
    Shia is too much, and much too fond of Shia.
    You stay warm, we’re in the mid-50s today with rain on the way!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excuse me while I go wash my brain! I'm stunned the Kardastrophe-Wastes have lasted THIS long. As for Army Hammer, the stories are hideous. However, don't quote the tabloid, The Daily Mail. You would NOT like their target audience, and they enjoy making things up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my.Scary. When these people go into a haunted house, they come out with a job application.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, first I have to side with Wilde. No excuses for treating crew like "less than." Without them, you have no film. So, brava! on the no assholes policy.

    Adam Driver assaulted her on set? I'm inclined to believe the translation fucked up. I can see he'd be quite the type who would be so deep into character.

    Armie, Armie, Armie. Please say it isn't so. Please!!! Kinks are fine, nobody minds a kink.... Just make make sure the recipient is okay with it. *shales head, heavy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog, only recently discovered it, and agree with all your opinions, will go back and read more past posts. Adam Driver - don't agree with you, he sounds like an entitle ****hole.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always picture Jeff Bridges as The Dude but he was a big stud back in the day. Did you ever see "Against All Odds"?

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Mitchell
    Media whores, the two of them.
    And I will say this again, Armie Hammer is not denying any of these stories, which I find quite telling.

    @MM
    Perfect!

    @whkattk
    I need a 'no assholes' policy in real life.
    And I agree, Driver seems to take himself very seriously, but "throw" a chair and "bump" a chair are wildly different.
    And Armie can have his kinks, i just find some kinda sickening.

    @Unknown
    Thanks for the compliment!

    @MrShife
    I have seen Against All Odds; loved it. Bridges is also a creepy creeper in The Vanishing, which I liked, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't worry Darling sounds like a romcom.

    Keep in mind Adam Driver is a bit... odd.

    Don't know if you heard, but Armie's agent group dropped him as a client. They probably know more then we do.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......