Thursday, February 21, 2019

Bobservations


So, the other night, I announced I was going to sleep, but told Carlos I was first going to ‘check my fans,’ Carlos calls the people who read and comment on this bloggy thing my ‘fans;’ while, since he doesn’t blog, he says he’s checking his ‘acquaintances’ on Facebook.

But this isn’t about that. This is about, as I am off to check my fans, he says he needs to use to computer after 10:45PM to complete a money transfer for Tia Gloria/Her Social Security checks are direct deposited into an American band and once a month Carlos transfers funds to hear. But, since there is a limit on the number of coins you can transfer at one time, and you can only transfer once in a 24-hour period, he needs to finish the transfer he’d started the night before at 10:45.
“Oh. Then I guess I have to be off the computer in 25 minutes?”
“No. I’m just saying, leave it on and I’ll do a transfer after you’re done.”
“Well, I don’t wanna inconvenience anyone, so I’ll be done before 10;45.”
“You’re not incon—”
“I don’t want to bother anyone.”
“You’re not bother—”
“I don’t want to intrude …”
“You’re not intruding—”
“I don’t want to impose …infringe … overstep …”
“You’re not—”
“I don’t wanna rock to boat.”
‘WHAT BOAT?”
I knew I’d get him. Boat.
Audrey Pence, the daughter of anti-LGBTQ and perhaps self-loathing homosexual Michael Elizabeth Pence, recently announced her engagement to Daniel Tomanelli on Instagram, with photos taken at Race Point Beach in the Massachusetts resort town of Provincetown …the gayest town in America.

Audrey has made her political views known and has called herself socially liberal and politically independent, though as far as the Pence kids go, Audrey may not be the only one who has rejected their father’s arch-conservative homophobia.

When John Oliver published his parody Marlon Bundo book, Charlotte Pence, who authored the original book about the Pence family bunny, said …
“His book is contributing to charities that I think we can all get behind… I’m all for it.”
And I’m sure Mother and Michael Elizabeth Pence weren’t thrilled about that, or Audrey saying ‘Yes’ in P-town … though I heard their first choice was The Castro?.
Jussie Smollett. It’s looking more and more like he faked his attack; he was arrested this morning for filing a false police claim about being attacked. Lotsa folks are doing the ‘I told you so’ dance at people like, well, me, because I believed him, but here’s the deal …

I will always believe a victim until I learn otherwise. The day I instantly decide that a person who says they are a victim of domestic violence, a hate crime, a rape, whatever, is a liar, is the day I am less human, and less humane.

That said, Jussie needs to apologize, explain, and go away, because when we have states in this country who don’t believe sexual orientation should be included in Hate Crime legislation, what Jussie did was feed that homophobia, and make it harder for LGBTQ folks to get the protection we need from people who hate us.

Thanks for nothing, Jussie.
Better news … Don Cheadle, one of my favorite actors and now one of my favorite people, hosted SNL last weekend and introduced the musical guest wearing that t-shirt:
“Protect Trans Kids”.
Cheadle’s career has been intertwined with LGBTQ issues for years, from playing the father of a gay, gender fluid son on House of Lies, and appearing in Logic’s 2017 clip “1-800-273-8255” which followed a gay teen as he inched toward taking his own life after he’s been outed having a relationship with a boy and subsequently rejected by his father and his boyfriend’s father.

Thanks Don. It wasn’t a huge gesture, but it spoke volumes.
Out on the West Coast, Contra Costa County Libraries,  set up an event called Drag Queen Story Hour, where drag queens would read to kids from books that display diversity and different gender identities.

Well, as happens, wingnuts got their panties in a snit, and set about protesting the event, calling it ‘inappropriate’ for children.

And, as happens, when the event began over 500 people showed up. Oh, not to protest, that was a much, much smaller group, but to attend the event … with their children.

Times do change.
Everyone from liberal media to conservative asshats like Lindsey Graham have questions _____’s sanity, though only Miss Lindsey has changed her mind and become ______’s lap dog, but nowhere was it more evident that the president is a narcissistic child than last weekend after SNL skewered him again.

And he TweetRanted:
“Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!”
Oh honey, it’s TV. If you think that’s collusion, then it’s clear you know nothing about the Mueller investigation.
GOP lawmakers in Wisconsin have forced the removal of quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s name from a state resolution marking Black History Month because they think  he’s too controversial … for kneeling protest of black men, women and children killed by police officers around the country.

I wonder if they’d have done the same for MLK or Rosa Parks?

Democratic Congressman David Crowley, who wrote the resolution, said the incident was “a textbook example of white privilege” and a “slap in the face” and said:
“Many of these people that you don’t agree with will still be in the history books that your children and grandchildren will be reading.”
Luckily, most of these GOP asshats and bigots will soon be forgotten.
In November 2016,  I blogged about Pamela Ramsey Taylor ... see post HERE ... who made a racist Facebook post about then-U.S. first lady Michelle Obama after _____’s election:
“It will be so refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady back in the White House. I’m tired of seeing a [sic] Ape in heels.”
Well, Racist Pamela was fired from her job at a county development agency in West Virginia for being a racist tool, and that was good; this is better:

Pamela Ramsey Taylor just confessed to taking more than $18,000 in flood relief benefits after falsely registering for FEMA benefits after the June 2016. Taylor claimed that her primary residence had been damaged in the flood and that she was staying in a rental property, but it was proven that her primary residence was undamaged, and she was still living there.

In her plea agreement, Taylor agreed to pay restitution of $18,149.04, though she also faces up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $500,000 when she is sentenced on May 30.

Racist and a thief. Wonder where she learned that :::::cough _____ cough:::::
We recently watched the Battle of the Sexes, the true story of that epic tennis match between Bobby Riggs and Billie Jean King back in the 1970s. The story also focused on King coming to accept the fact the she was a lesbian, and featured a storyline about Margaret Court, an Australian tennis player known more today for being an unrepentant homophobe.

Good film, but you know this isn’t about that it’s about a trio of Hot Men from the film, like …

Austin Stowell, top … I’m guessing, and featured here before, who played Billie Jean’s unsuspecting husband, Larry.

James Mackay, bottom right, who played Barry Court, husband of Margaret.
And Lewis Pullman, bottom left, who played Larry Riggs, son of Bobby.

Two interesting footnotes: Lewis is the son of actor Bill Pullman, who also played a role in the film, and, kudos to the real Larry King, who divorced Billie Jean when she came out. Larry King remarried and when he and his second wife had children, they named Billie Jean King as the godparent.

Love that … and the hot guys.


7 comments:

  1. Good for Audrey and Charlotte

    Surprised that Carlos has money transfer problems - my bank allows me to transfer up to £250,000 per day if I have the money in my account - if only!

    And the drag queen story time looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tale of Carlos, Don Cheadle and three hot menz, what more can a person ask for! And goody, I just made the sidebar cutoff for computer freezing! Can I get a whoo hoo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hugs to Carlos! :-)
    Our garbage day was on Monday!
    hugs to Don Cheadle too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, Carlos is basically me.
    Then, Jussie. I’m devastated. Ugh.
    As for the Pence daughter, they’re so blissfully unaware that’s almost ridiculous.
    Don Cheadle is a treasure. Also note the Sleepng Giants cap. Woke does not even describe him! Love!
    Nothing surprises me anymore coming from repugs and trumpanzees.
    Drag queens rule!


    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally show up for drag queen story hour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My money says the Pence parents came off the Stepford assembly line and they just gave them to the wrong kids.

    Pammy Taylor's going to git herself some quality jail time.

    Crowley is right, and the clock is ticking on the white Republican party.

    Sorry, Jussie has more in common with the Idiot Jerk in the White House then most ever suspected. He wanted a bigger paycheck.

    Drag Queen Story Hour, how simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think drag queen story hour is cool; I'd love to sit in on a session!

    ay carumba carlos! how you put up with bob I'll never know!

    the pence girls have already figured out dad is gay, huh?

    jussie, I'mma VERY disappointed with you.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......