Thursday, June 15, 2017

Random Musings

Okay, so there are certain phrases that people use that I loathe and I’m’a gonna add to that list, which includes ... It is what it is ... and LOL ... and people who actually say OMG rather than Oh My God.

So, the new phrase I would like erased from our culture is ... 
Now, that’s what I’m talkin’ about.
Stop it. And, I will ask that women, especially stop saying it, and not because I’m sexist or misogynistic, but because women are smarter than men and don’t need to spout dumb shiz like this.

Carry on.
Tuxedo is an escape artist. He, like the other cats, is not allowed outside because we live in a rural area and there are lots of things cats can catch that are dangerous. But ... and there’s always a but ... Tuxedo is the Best Cat Ever™ and so several morning a week, I take him outside and let him walk along the deck railing so he can smell the outside; don’t worry, he’s always chaperoned.

Still, if he’s in that mood, and someone opens a door, and he’s there, and there’s an opening, he’s been known to fly out the door and escape into the yard where a chase ensues, and treats are used to goad him back inside. 

One morning, Carlos left a door open when he was going into the yard and I couldn’t find Tuxedo. I called all over the house and he wasn’t there ... but I could hear him meow ... over and over again. It was coming near the sunroom, where the door had been left open ... I heard his plaintive meows and called him and then looked down ...


I guess he was playing Hide-and-Seek and I was ‘It.’
So ... will the 2017 NBA Champions Golden State Warriors meet President _____ in the White House, as is custom for winning teams? Maybe; maybe not. 

After the Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers and won the championship, Tweets suggested that Golden State Warriors had decided ... as a team ... to boycott a trip to the White House, but then the organization released a statement saying no decision had been made. Yet there is a thought that the team or some on the team, don’t wish to meet _____; some like Stephen Curry, who took issue with his sponsor Under Armor over CEO Kevin Plank's description of _____ as a “real asset” by saying:
“I agree with that description, if you remove the 'et' from asset.”
And Warrior coach Steve Kerr has called _____ "blowhard" who couldn't be "more ill-suited to be President."

And, another player, David West, said this in January:
“All the tactics that he used to get elected are the very things that someone like me, who works with youth on a consistent basis, are the things that we try to talk our young folks out of being.”
Stay home, Golden State, because he’ll just use your visit as a photo op to shore up his fragile ego and failing presidency and do World Champions really wanna stoop that low?
Last weekend, Carlos was working in the garden and when he took a break, he came in to tell me that the, ahem, "understructure" was in place and next he would work on the infrastructure.

I'm terrified he’s building an overpass in the backyard.
The Ninth Circuit Court clapped back at _____ and ruled against his “revised” Travel Ban:
“We conclude that the President, in issuing the Executive Order, exceeded the scope of the authority delegated to him by Congress.”
Plus, it’s racist, you know.
Last weekend was the Tony Awards which I watched because, well, gay, and as a gay man I love all things Broadway and all things Hot Men and especially all things Broadway and Hot men.

As in Lin-Manuel Miranda, Hamilton creator, who presented at last week’s show. I mean, he’s adorable, talented, Latino, and, well, I loves all those things naturally ... since I’m married to an adorable, talented Latino man.

And there was also one Lucas Steele, of The Great Comet, who looks a little like a sexy vampire and I am all about the sexy vampires and Broadway because, again, gay.

Just sayin’.
We all know that Fox News is just a branch of the GOP and will defend and credit the Republicans for every little thing ... whether it’s true or not ... case in point, Fox News reported this:
“First New Coal Mine of _____ Era Opens in Pennsylvania”
Except, like most Fox News stories there was nary a thread of truth to it ... because the permit for this mine was issued back in 2013, when _____ was nothing but an hysterical Birther tool.

Another Fox Lie as they goose-step alongside crazy.
So, this is Pride Month, and even Facebook has gotten into it with one of their emojis; you have the Thumbs Up, the Heart, the Smile, the Wow, the Tear, the Frown, and now you have the Pride Flag.

Cool, right? Well, not for a Facebook page called “Warriors for Christ” who posted this:


And then added:

So, as happens, people began going full-on Rainbow on the “Warriors for Christ” page:

And the Warriors were not happy about all that Rainbow Goodness ...

Too bad, so sad.
Last week, we got the bill for Carlos’ hospital stay ... twenty-eight hours in the hospital equals $20,000.

Yup, and this 20K is just for the bed; he was hooked up to no machines, no monitors, no nothing; he had a bed and a couple of meals and a few times he had his vitals checked by a nurse.

I told him that the next time he needs to be hospitalized, we’ll check him into the Presidential Suite at the Hyatt and hire a nurse for a day; it’d be cheaper.

On the upside ... thank god for insurance... because our out-of-pocket was just $800 and after a call from Carlos to Billing, it fell to just $700.

So, yeah, there’s that.
This week, while testifying before the Senate about Russia, Attorney General, and Keebler Elf, Jefferson Beauregard Beverly Leslie Sessions said 'I don't recall' a lot.

The best part was he said he ‘didn’t recall’ meeting with a Russian spy, but he did recall that if he had met with the man, they didn’t talk about anything like Russia hacking the election.

Huh? I don’t remember meeting the man but I remember that if I met him we didn’t discuss that.

Asshat lying little troll.
More good news? Okay ... Oprah Winfrey says she’s not running for President.

As if anyone seriously thought she would ... I mean, she’s too busy shilling Weight Watcher s and her love affair with bread.

Siddown Oprah, please.
So when President-For-Now _____ announced he was planning another get-together with bigwigs in the tech field, one man, Dick Costolo, the ex-CEO of Twitter, who attended the last go-round, had some advice for those who may want to go, but can’t ...


Twitter is fun ... especially when its ex-CEO uses it to clap back at the Twit-In-Chief!

10 comments:

  1. Carlos isn't building a over past is he?

    Love the Tuxedo made you find him. He wasn't moving!

    Lucas Steele,,,,way TOO MANY THINGS!

    Dick Costco's tweet was funny, but as you know the bottle of gin would have no effect on me. The waterboarding....

    And as you are too aware the hastag shit gets me started. The other is when young kids, usually girls talk in the" Like OMG, I was like , going to the like store the other day, and like this woman was like SO RUDE, for like no reason. I need to carry ball gags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reagan said "I don't recall" quite a lot during the Iran-Contra hearings and he had early stage Alzheimers... just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:37 AM

    OMG! Pictures of El Gato Guapo! Now, that's what I'm talkin' bout! Sorry, I suck at resisting temptation.

    Deedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. The phrase I'd like to see go far far away is "Im in it to win it" during a competition. I hate it cuz you know no one else is there to win. Tim and I both grit our teeth over that one. Plus I think Tuxedo has you wrapped around his little paw. Cuteness is off the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to say... but I won't. I LOVE Tuxedo. O-M-G! I so totally agree with your STOP IT! Now THAT's what I'm talking about! EL-OH-EL. What's the difference between understructure and infrastructure?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Building an overpass in the backyard, LOL! Sorry about the acronym but dammit, it's handy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby volunteers to find Tuxedo for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:32 PM

    I am an admirer of Carlos' terminology!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know THAT'S right!, SAD, MAGA, like, ya know - begone to this verbal vomit!

    gigi did the same thing to RTG this morning; she was hiding in his clothes closet.

    carlos - silly!

    stoopid xstains!

    ain't obamacare great! :)

    jeff sessions is a lying racist rich white male rethuglican asswipe who deserves prison time! as does every washington guvmint GOPrick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is what it is annoys the hell out of me too, along with people asking 'alrigh?' as they walk past without stopping; you don't even get the pleasure of telling them it's spelt with a T at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......