Friday, June 30, 2017

I Didn't Say It ....

Paul Ryan, lying Speaker of the House, on the Congressional Budget Office [CBO] report that 22 million people lose insurance on the Senate plan:

“What they are basically saying at the Congressional Budget Office, if you’re not going to force people to buy Obamacare, if you’re not going to force people to buy something they don’t want, then they won’t buy it. So, it’s not that people are getting pushed off a plan, it’s that people will choose not to buy something that they don’t like or want. And that’s the difference here. By repealing the individual and employer mandate, which mandates people buy this health insurance that they can’t afford, that they don’t like — if you don’t mandate that they’re going to do this then that many people won’t do it.”

Naturally Paul “May I Call You Dick?” Ryan didn’t mention the subsidy cuts that would make buying insurance prohibitive for poor people, and allowing insurance companies to offer more expensive plans with less thorough coverage.
Cuz, you know, that might make y’all think the GOPDon’tCare healthcare plan is bad.
So, to be more succinct, Fuck off, Speaker.
Britney Spears, on the whole lip sync business:

“I’m glad you addressed this question because it’s really funny. A lot of people think that I don’t sing live. Because I’m dancing so much I do have a little bit of playback, but there’s a mixture of my voice and the playback. It really pisses me off because I am busting my ass out there and singing at the same time and nobody ever really gives me credit for it.”

Britney, honey, you “singing” a couple of words to a track is not singing live.
We’ve all seen you “perform” and it’s so not live.
Simmer, girl, simmer.
Sandy Rios, anti-LGBT American Family Association bigot, on Pride celebrations:

“This whole business of the rainbow, and gay, and pride, is just a ruse for something that is so horrendous for the people involved. I have to communicate. My heart goes out to men and women who are caught in the throes of this, who are really losing their opportunity to shake loose of it.”

Sandy, honey, keep your heart, or that little black speck of coal that you call a heart, we don’t need your thoughts and prayers.
You are a woman of hate and loathing, possibly self-loathing if you get my gay subtext—you’re likely queer, dear—and you really need to seek help.
Then, maybe, you know, taste the Rainbow.
Alicia Silverstone, promoting her movie American Woman by throwing shade at Wonder Woman:

“Before Wonder Woman ... Wonder Woman? ... there have been many movies with female leads. So I get a little confused … I think about ‘But what about all those wonderful comedians who are females who have had massive hits, Bridesmaids, there’s a movie out right now that’s tons of girls [Rough Night], and I’m sure it’s killing it, right? ... there was Mean Girls, there was Clueless ... we have had so many movies that have been female-driven ... [But] it has to be Wonder Woman, it has to have tons of flash, right? As a mom, I don’t want my kid to see all that loud effects, all the stuff that is like ‘stimulate, stimulate.’ But that’s what audiences want.”  

Alicia, Alicia. Dogging a female-driven movie with a single female lead? Not cool. All those other films you mentioned, while female-driven, had several female leads, while Wonder Woman is driven by a singular performance. That’s what people are saying is good.
And your kids are probably asking why they can’t see it.
John MacArthur, “pastor” of megachurch Grace Community Church, saying gay folks don’t exist:

“No one is gay. People commit adultery, they commit sins of homosexuality, they lie, they steal, they cheat. That’s like saying, ‘You know, I keep robbing banks, but I’m a robber. I’m a bank robber. What am I gonna do? I’m a bank robber.’ That is not an excuse for what you do. Are there certain kind of impulses that lead people in that direction? Yes. But I think one of the really deadly aspects of this is to let people define themselves as gay.”

Look around quickly, y’all, cuz gay folks don’t exist!
At least so says the “pastor” who also say parents should alienate their gay children; who called the Catholic Church “the kingdom of Satan” and said the Pope is the anti-Christ.
Yeah, so there’s that.
Brian Karem, the reporter who stood up to _____ spokes-tool Sarah Huckabee and called her out for enflaming _____’s ‘fake news’ accusations:

“We can’t take the bullying anymore … For the government to sit there and undermine what are very essential checks and balances in the system … it’s disheartening, it’s unnerving ... I can’t take it anymore. It’s nuts … What it speaks to is dissolving the independent media. It’s trying to co-opt the media. If we don’t broadcast what they like, then we’re automatically fake media.”

Or, you fight back, and dig deeper into every single story this asshatted regime calls fake and find the real news and report that.
Maybe when Sarah Huckabee Sanders has to explain why she worked for this pig that was run out of office, she’ll finally get it.
Well, I doubt it; she’s a Huckabee after all and they’re inherently stubbornly stupid.

4 comments:

  1. What I dont get is, if Sandy has never been in a same sex relationship, how does she know how "horrendous" it is? I mean, I thought Orphan Black sounded pretty terrible until I tried it

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Sandy Rios and John MacArthur -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second debra; don't knock it until you've tried it, sandy; john needs to pull his head outta his ass.

    the others are clueless (get it, alicia?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sort of get the feeling that a lot of people - and msot Republicans - don't understand the reality of how people get health care.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......