Saturday, September 09, 2023

Why Is It ...

… that I sometimes read a text and think, “What a psycho,” and other times I just press Send?

... that I look at people and think, "Shut the Hell up," and they aren't even speaking?

… that the older  I get the less I feel the need to be included, understood or accepted?

… that the problem I have with movies about surviving an apocalypse is that I have no desire to survive an apocalypse.

… the people appreciate my honesty until I’m honest about them , and then suddenly I’m an asshole?

… that every time I try to eat healthy along comes Thanksgiving and Christmas and summer … or Tuesday, and ruins it for me?

… that my boss got annoyed when I called in ‘healthy’ to work last Thursday, saying, “Look, I’m not coming in  today. I feel really good and don’t want to waste it on work.”

19 comments:

  1. I give you a👍on all of these entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever gotten a psychotic text. I'm honest to a point and then propriety takes over. And I do usually eat healthy, with occasional breaks... but only occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought the second on the list pretty much all my life. Age does bring a better perspective, so the third one is bang on. I remember telling a friend, after I'd turned 50, that I'd wished I'd done it ten years earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always seeing people do or say something and then turning to Carlos to mutter, "Here's another reason why I don't like people."

      Delete
  4. I'll stand with you at Ground Zero when the Apocalypse arrives. (Does the apocalypse have a ground zero?)

    While on my walk today I passed three people who were doing absolutely nothing but walking and I said (I HOPE in my head), “Oh, fuck off all of you.” I need medication... or gin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am generally walking and shouting the word MOVE in my head at random strangers.
      I think if the zombies came for us, I'd volunteer.

      Delete
  5. Numbers 2, 3 and 4 definitely apply to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot more of us out there, Steve than i had imagined!

      Delete
  6. I wouldn't want to survive the apocalypse either, Bob. I tell my kids that if there is a zombie apocalypse just throw me out for the zombies to get while the kids sneak out the back and save themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sentiments exactly.

      Delete
    2. My brain is probably mush anyway.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous12:01 PM

    the dog's mother
    chortle!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lotsa stuff rattles around my empty melon.

      Delete
  8. ROFLMAO!! Great minds think alike cause, except for the first and last on the list, it was like you were reading my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Text me when the Zombie Apocalypse starts and I'll join you ( I'll bring tequila and a Pinot Noir).

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan!!!

      Delete
    2. I'm with you on not wanting to survive an apoclypse

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......