Friday, September 01, 2023

I Didn't Say It ...

Dylan Mulvaney, social media  personality who detailed her gender transition in 2022, and was blasted by rightwingnuts after her Bud Light social media partnership, accepting the Streamy Award for “Breakout Creator”:

“532 days ago, I made a coming out video that turned into my ‘Days of Girlhood’ series and my life has been changed for the better, but on the flip side, there’s also been an extreme amount of transphobia and hate, and I know that my community is feeling it and I now know that even our allies are feeling it. I look around this room and I see so many amazing allies that have platforms, and I think allyship right now needs to look differently. And you need to support trans people publicly and proudly. I think the trans community and the creator community actually have something in common. And it’s that people often underestimate us. But I know that we can stay optimistic about the future of trans-ness in general … It just means a lot to me, but I also think that the fact a trans person can win an award like this in such a scary time of transphobia—it makes me feel like there’s hope. I love you so much, thank you, thank you, thank you. I’m gonna go have a beer!”

That’s how it’s done: stand up, speak up, live up … loud. And we all need to do it for our trans brothers and sisters, our bisexual brothers and sisters, everyone in the LGBTQ+ family.

Stand together and stand strong.

photo

Chris Christie, GOP presidential candidate, blasting DeFascist and Inmate # P01135809 on Anti-Trans Laws

“We’re having a lot of arguments in this country about transgender issues, and there are some—including [Governor DeSantis]—who believe that he should decide what can happen in your family, with your children and not. I don’t want him deciding what happens inside my family. We have this group now, folks like Ron DeSantis and [Inmate # P01135809] and Vivek Ramaswamy who believe in big government conservatism and if there’s something going on in this country they don’t personally like, they want the government to pass a law to stop it. Sorry, no one knows or loves my four children more than me and my wife. I think that applies to every parent out there, and I want parents and families to make those decisions.”

It should bother everyone that the party of smaller government wants to tell you how to raise your kids, what your kids can say, what they can read or learn or study.

Now, I am not a fan of Chris Christie but when his is the voice of reason in a political party that should say something about the out of touch nature of the GOP..

photo

Nikki Haley, playing the age card on Fox News:

“It’s sad. No one should feel good about seeing that any more than we should feel good about seeing Dianne Feinstein, any more than we should feel good about a lot of what’s happening or seeing Joe Biden’s decline. What I will say is, right now the Senate is the most privileged nursing home in the country. I mean, Mitch McConnell has done some great things and he deserves credit. But you have to know when to leave.”

Funny, but does anyone notice how she never mentions Inmate # P01135809 who, at age 77, is only four years younger than Biden? And does anyone else think she doesn’t mention the inmate’s age because, should he get the nomination, she’ll once again praise him in the hopes of getting the VP spot.

Pandering ageist bitch; she’s so transparent.

photo

Jeanine Pirro, Fox News ranting., boxed wine guzzling loon, saying the quiet part out loud in a resurfaced 2016 rant:

“Whether or not you like Hillary Rodham Clinton, or [Inmate # P01135809] doesn’t matter. There is only one person you can vote for. We cannot have a country led by a president subject to ongoing criminal investigations, potential indictment, and never-ending hearings. We cannot have a president under that level of scrutiny that inevitably leads to even more questions and more investigations. And irrespective of what happens to her, whether she’s indicted or even guilty, it doesn’t matter. Her guilt is a moot point. She cannot take the Oval Office. How is the world is going to look at the United States, when a woman under federal criminal investigation, who has lied repeatedly to the American people, is elected?”

Oops. Jeanine really should lay off the sauce because in vino veritas, and her 2016 truth fills the bill today more than 7 years ago because Hillary was never indicted, arrested, fingerprinted, mug shot; not once, not ninety-one times.

photo

Ncuti Gatwa, Barbie and Doctor Who actor, coming out:

“I’ve experienced racism my whole life, and while I always believed in myself, always knew [racists] were stupid and uneducated, I guess it did misinform my view of how the world works. It makes you think everyone has that opinion and you’ll constantly have to fight through life—then you learn that you don’t: you can find a tribe, you can find your people. I remember being at Manchester Pride, going through the streets with all my boys, shaking my cha-chas, living it up, when I saw this woman who looked exactly like my auntie. She wasn’t—but I knew she was Rwandan [and] I had never met another queer Rwandan person before. I thought I was the only one in the world.”

You aren’t the only one, Ncuti Gatwa, and you aren’t the last one either. We are everywhere, and every time one of us comes out, it strengthens all of us, so Welcome Out.

Gatwa has never publicly disclosed his sexuality before but in an Elle magazine profile he mentioned being distracted by one of his co-stars in director Greta Gerwig’s Barbie:

“There was a time when I was talking to Greta and I turned around and Ryan Gosling was looking at me and his eyes were so blue that I just… fell over. I just drowned in his eyes.”

I could say the same about Ncuti; he’s a cute little nugget.

photo

20 comments:

  1. I'm with you about Chris Christie and I'm with Chris Christie. I'm sick of the party of small government trying to govern every little thing I think or do. DO NOT tell me what to read or how to love. Ah, Jeanine, don'tcha just love it when your past remarks come back to haunt your decaying face?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking Christie, as a Republican, not as my President now or in the future.
      Jeanine; she never met a box of wine she didn't stick a straw into and start guzzling.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:50 AM

    the dog's mother
    Glad Chris Christie is speaking out.
    And (Ncuti Gatwa)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to see a GOPer trying to stay out of people's personal business.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Standing together - standing strong. The "family" that protests together stays together. Thank you for keeping the faith. Brother Bob. I want you on my All Star Team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot expect anyone to stand for me if I don't stand for others; it's just that simple.

      Delete
  4. I keep telling people Christie's going to get the nomination and no one will believe me. Pirro needs to back into her wine box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pirro is like that drunk aunt at Thanksgiving that your mother tries to steer into the bedroom for a "quick nap" before dinner.

      Delete
  5. I thought Janine Parrot was talking about twice impeached and multifarious number of times indicted git old carrot face after having a few too many bottles of el cheapo booze and then getting the sex wrong because she was so trashed. Hillary Clinton may not be perfect (by a very long way) but she beats the wannabees from the Repugnant party by a million miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pirro spoke the truth before she realized she shouldn't have.

      Delete
  6. Jeanine Pirro! SNAP! Talk about eating your own words! I love how all these right-wingers have chanted for years about locking up Hillary and NOTHING has happened because she did NOTHING criminal. If only we could go back and relive 2016 with a different outcome. Imagine how different the world would be now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It proves that old adage "Every GOP accusation is a confession."

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the bookends, Dylan Mulvaney and Ncuti Gatwa. They both deserve respect and high praise. It's such a shame Christie went to the dark side in 2016. He's making sense now, but he's too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about Christie; plus, can you trust him after being a lackey for Inmate# P01135809 all these years?
      I was glad to start good and end good this week,

      Delete
  8. Happy Labor Day Weekend Bob, Carlos, the Kids, and dear readers,

    Bob you post such thought provoking items that I have to jump on my soapbox and espouse-once again:

    A few thoughts:

    *Bob you and I, especially me, are old enough to know how the GOP operates with their hate. I was thinking the other day that Gays have always been the target of the right wingers. And once the acceptance meter started hoovering at 72% of America's gay acceptance and 71% believe that gay marriage should be recognized as valid-the GOP had to create a new boogie man, move the goal post. Now it's transgender folks and drag queens. The hate never stops with these people. As we did in the past, we have to do it now to stand up for our trans folks and of course the drag queens. Don't want to piss them off. Yes, we know from where Chris C. comes from, his pettiness of closing the bridge, full throttle support of P01135809...but he is right. The GOP should stay out of our households and ensure their houses are in order.

    *I have been listening closely to all the discussions of Feinstein, Turtle Mitch, Uncle Joe, and others in the US Congress. Let's be careful with ageism. Intimating that at a certain age so and so should happen. Of course there is talk about term limits. Let's broaden the discussion to include CAN a person do the job regardless of their age. I am sure without a doubt there are folks who are operating on all cylinders at 80 years of age or more. The average age in Congress is 58. Should we skew it a little more to the average age in America at 38.1 years of age? Maybe so. But let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater. There is something to be said of institutional wisdom. The older folks in Congress should be teaching the younger ones as in Nancy P. handing the reins over to Hakeem J. So let's put away the ageism and ask CAN they do the job. Right now it is my observation that Feinstein and Turtle Mitch needs to be transparent about their HEALTH ISSUES and make a decision that is best for the country NOT their party.

    *I encourage more LGBTQ+ folks like Ncuti to come out in their own time. We are stronger together. Find your tribe and don't look back.

    Have a great weekend all. Have fun as we wind down summer. Drink your water and apply sunscreen-liberally. Be safe.

    Uncle Victor
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do so hope that Pirro has been shown that message over and over and over and over again. Not that she'd walk it back, but still.
    Chris Christie was on Stephen Colbert's show several weeks ago, and I remember thinking - who is this guy? This isn't the Chris Christie of four short years ago.
    And Nikki Hayley, she's in the running with MTG and Boebert for stupidity. I've been seeing adverts for her on the US channels and she comes off as a total dolt. Which, when one looks at her hero, makes some sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Pirro would still be so drunk she wouldn't recognize herself in that clip!
      Nailed it about Nikki; she's a vile human being.

      Delete
  10. Those pretty blue eyes get me everytime.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......