Thursday, September 28, 2023

Bobservations

Carlos’ mother has taken to giving him recipes during their phone chats, and then he’ll tell me about them over dinner, but a lot of her recipes are lost in translation by the time Carlos starts to cook.

As we ate dinner one night, he told me of one of his mother’s recipes that included lima beans, pork, fresh corn and tomatillos, and so that's what he was serving; I looked down at my plate and said:

This is that recipe?”

“Yes it is. I already had chicken out so I used that instead of pork. We didn’t have lima beans so I used rice. There was no corn or tomatillos so I used peppers and lemon juice.”

“You do know that this is not at all what your mother talked about, right?”:

“It’s similar.”

I await the release of his cookbook …

This Tuxedo Memory is from May  2011

“Caturday

There are places in our house where cats are allowed to be … on the bed .... on the couch in the sunroom ... on the couch in the living room ... on a kitchen table chair. There are not allowed on living room chairs ... or dining room chairs ... or counters.

Tuxedo, however, because he's so delicious, gets away with murder. He is allowed on the bathroom counter because he enjoys a sip of water from the faucet and he's allowed on one of the living room chairs if he's in my lap. And now, apparently, he has granted himself access to a dining room chair. There he is, peeking at me when I asked if he was hungry.

And here is, doing his Gargoyle impression from atop a living room chair. He doesn't use his front paws to hold on because he's been declawed … DO NOT DO THAT so he looks like he's just hanging around.

He just looks so darned cute, that I looked the other way and ignored his infractions. luckily for us both, his Latino Daddy wasn't home.”

Yes, we had rules for the cats but how can anyone have resisted that punim?

Florida Department of Education [DOE] spokesperson idiot Caily Myers swears that “Florida does not ban books” but she can't explain the 300 books that were removed from Florida schools last year. Many of those books included LGBTQ+ content, like This Book is Gay by Juno Dawson, Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe, Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera, The Family Book by Todd Parr … and most recently  Christian, the Hugging Lion which contains not one single mention of sexuality, but conservative say it gives off gay vibes. Caily says:

“The list comprises information provided by each school district of the books they removed based on objections from a parent or resident of the county using their district’s process.”

Yes, in Florida if one single bigot is butt-hurt about a book it can be banned; oops, not banned, just removed from the school’s bookshelves never to be seen again.

Fuck you, Florida.

Hot Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgård was recently spotted enjoying his time at a gay bar in Stockholm, where he went on a kissing spree…

Skarsgård enjoyed dancing at Club Backdoor—goddess do I love the names of gay clubs—where many fans recognized him and he was not bothered by the attention. In fact, he took photos with many fans, and even gave out kisses.

Skarsgård is a longtime LGBTQ+ ally and has used his platform to raise awareness for LGBTQ+ rights and issues, as well as be involved in charity events within the community.

Um, Alexander, we don’t have a gay club here in Camden, but if you’re in town, I have a cheek ready for a smooch.

Kennedy McDowell was already out as a gay man when Colorado State recruited him for their football team. The defensive end from Frisco, Texas, was featured as a gay football player in Frisco Style magazine, draped in a rainbow Pride flag, ahead of his senior high school season last October.

In fact, McDowell has been out since eighth grade and when it came time for some official team photos he once again draped the rainbow flag around his shoulders to express his pride in being an out gay man.

And there has been no outrage; maybe the times are a’changing?

This is model Tyson Dayley and while he is not technically a baker, he offers up some nice cakes; who’s interested?

Last week students at Oak Park High School in Kansas City elected Tristan Young, a transgender student, their homecoming queen. And that sent Libs of TikTok’s asshat Chaya Raichik searching for parents who were pissy about the student’s choice and she found two who ranted in emails:

“I’m appalled by NKC Schools’ [North Kansas City School District] continued support of the LGBT agenda. They not only indoctrinate children, but they are placing certain student populations over others.”

“As a woman, it breaks my heart to see these girls get passed over and a man stealing what is rightfully theirs. I’m broken-hearted because I know the students voted for him.”

The students voted for her because she was their choice and they aren’t bigots.

I have long had a crush on Peter Scanavino, ever since he first appeared on Law & Order: SVU;  he just floats my boat, but this isn’t about me, because you know how I feel: Would You Hit It?

34 comments:

  1. Hahahaha
    Hey, at least you don't live with me. I can't cook. AT ALL LMAOOO
    And I kind of need some clarification: Kennedy McDowell is just out of of HIGH SCHOOL??????????

    And it's never been about the kids in Florida, babes. It's just good old bigotry and trying to erase all LGBTQ people.

    Oh, and yes to Alexander and Peter. I'm here thinking about being Eiffel-ed by those two and my palms got sweaty.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, McDowell is a college Freshman.
      I like you're double-teaming idea ....
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:56 AM

    In addition to Peter Scanvino there's the "new guy" on SVU: Octavio Pisano.

    https://e353ne9e8n9.exactdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/octavio-pizano6.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, he's a hot little nugget, too!

      Delete
  3. So basically Carlos Cooks you a whole different meal?

    And yes whatever Tyson Dailey is severing Im always interested!!!!!

    That's Alexander? I never would have guessed that was him he looks terrible. Maybe he's just drunk?

    But no one looks worse than Kevin Sorbo. That bitch did not age well.

    And I was always tickled by tuxedos gargoyle poses.

    Some days it's hard to believe floor is a party United States. How did they get so Wacko and conservative?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That the Carlos Take on Mama's Meals!
      Tyson .... yum.
      I think Alexander was drinking and dancing in a hot crowded club, but I'd still stand in line for a peck on the cheek.
      Tuxedo was a fabulous poser.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:09 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo always)
    I've cooked some stuff like that!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like saying you made your mother's lasagna but you used bread and bologna and sliced tomatoes. Not the same thing.
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. All this banning of books makes me tired (well, more tired than I already am). Now even Shakespeare has been banned because he's sexy (and possibly because he's literate unlike their heroines Margarine and Bubblehead?) He also has cross-dressers in his plays - how shameful is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the bans because they clearly state a book is removed if even one person complains. So one ignorant bigot gets to decide what all kids read???

      Delete
  6. Interestingly enough, I cook like Carlos. I understand Florida is filling up with stupid, racists. Libs of TikTok has a huge following of haters, if enough people begin to ignore her, she will eventually go away. Oh, and Tyson's on Twitter, Instagram, and he has an Only Friends account were you can watch him bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His cooking is fine, but you cannot change every ingredient and call it following a recipe.
      I am not an OF follower.

      Delete
  7. Carlos is hilarious! He's right, in that he put four ingredients together...
    I understand the cat rule thing too. Like we can stop them from going where they want to when we're not home, or when they look so darned cute!
    Peter was your crush on Law & Order, mine was Sam Waterston. He appeared on the show in jeans and a biker jacket and I liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In truth keeping Carlos to just four ingredients is kind of a miracle!
      Our cats are pretty good at following the rules; even Rosita, the newbie, knows how the game is played!
      Oh, Sam Waterston .... back in the day, and even a little today, hubba hubba!

      Delete
  8. I can relate to Carlos' method of cooking. I often change up recipes to fit what I have or like. The book banning, OMG. It's getting worse and worse as people discover that when they complain, they nearly always get their way. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book banning is a joke and people against it need to stand up and speak up.

      Delete
  9. Cleora Borealis12:19 PM

    The more dangerous person in the Sorbo household is his wife Sam! Her grift is selling homeschooling to gullible parents because "when you send your children to Caesar [public school] don't be surprised when you get back Romans" [atheists]. She admits her oldest son was failing second grade in public school long before CRT, etc., but it was the school's fault! She does not want children "indoctrinated with public school lies," but she is a featured speaker on Michael Flynn's "Reawaken America Tour" which indoctrinates with white nationalism, Covid misinformation, and violent overthrow is better than Biden! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Sorbo, or as I call him, Jerkules, is bad enough, but his wife sounds like a real rightwingnut loon.

      Delete
  10. Oh please. Sorbo doesn’t even know the alphabet. Carlos does at least have kitchen skills. You wouldn’t find me changing ingredients in a recipe. Sorry, Peter Scanavino doesn’t knock my socks off but Tyson Dayley’s cakes do. Tuxedo was something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorbo is as dumb as he looks.
      Yes, I guess compared to you, Carlos is Top Chef???
      There's something about Scanavino that tingles me, but Tyson's cakes are epic!
      Tuxedo was indeed something else.

      Delete
  11. What the hell is "the woke concept"? Is that the concept of fair-mindedness, social justice and challenging the status quo? Oh no, we wouldn't want that kind of poison would we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep it simple: woke is awake and aware that fairness and equality should rule.

      Delete
  12. Shouldn't Kevin Sorbo's book be called "The Test of [a] Lyin' Hood"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, snap! Debra for the win!!!

      Delete
  13. When I asked a friend for her quiche recipe she handed me a photocopy - but there was basically NOTHING in the quiche from the recipe except the salt, so yeah, I would definitely buy Carlos' cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put you on the shortlist for a copy if he decides to write one!

      Delete
  14. Dearest Bob, I have three thoughts on your Bobservations this morning: (1) Yes, but was Carlos's food yummy inspite of substitutions? (2) I didn't know about the young gay football player from Frisco, Texas but that story has already put me in a better mood today (3) As a card carrying old lesbian, I might not hit Peter Law and Order SVU, but I would definitely invite him for dinner! I love him, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you invite Peter for dinner, I'm also available ... if I can be seated next to him!!
      And Carlos' dinner was good; it just wasn't Mother's Recipe™!

      Delete
  15. From "Christian, the Hugging Lion" to "The Test of Lionhood" -- seems like both sides of the political spectrum owe the big cats some royalties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I'll clearly take one over the other.

      Delete
  16. I love the way Carlos cooks, it is concept not a chemistry formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what you said is gonna give him ammo and courage!

      Delete
  17. Nah, I wouldn't hit it. Still not in the mood. Please don't fuck me along with the lunatics in the rest of Florida. Plenty of us here don't go along with the Moms For Liberty agenda. So Carlos makes it up as he cooks. Did it taste good? That's the important part. Sweet Tuxedo. I change my identity and how I present myself all the time because I'm always striving to be a better person.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to live in Florida and I know there are some good people there, nut it just seems like the wingnuts have the loudest voices.
      Carlos' dinner was good, though there was one night I called The Dinner of A Thousand Spices which was trying, to say the least. 😀
      Tuxedo. I miss that cat every single day.

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......