Friday, August 09, 2019

Flashbacks


I’ve been scanning photos onto a flashdrive for months now and, well, since I’m AWOL for a while I thought I’d share some with you …

That photo was taken at a going away party for me when i moved from California to Florida. Sadly, I forget the name of the guy on the left; he was a co-worker who, when we started working together told me he didn’t know anyone who was gay until he met me, and then he realized we’re all just people who maybe love a little differently. But still, he seems a little unnerved because that’s me next to him, and that’s Danny, an old boyfriend-turned-friend giving me a smooch.

Funny story about Danny: on our first date we went to the Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco. While I was looking at one painting, he came up behind me, wrapped his arms around my waist and tried to slip a hand into my pants. I said:
“What are you doing?”
“I’m trying to get into your pants.”
“You’d have an easier time trying to get into Harvard.”
And from there on after, I always called him Harvard.


That’s Carissa and Chris. I have often talked on this blog and others about my friend Chris, who is rather effeminate and flamboyant and over-the-top, and everyone thinks he’s gay, but he’s not. He’s as straight as can be and is just Chris.so there!


Lastly, a close group of us who used to regularly do dinners  and such; why the sunglasses I don’t know. It may have something to do with all the drinks. But it’s a good group of good friends …Chad, Kevin, Laura, Marcella, Terrie and me.

I believe I was drinking what I call a Bob-a-Rita, which is Reposado Tequila, Grand Marnier and fresh lime juice, shaken and served straight up and icy cold and delicious!

10 comments:

  1. Fun pictures and good folks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to remember the good times and the people that were a part of it!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Love the pictures - fabulous - and the sunglasses, such a touch.
    Hugs and smooches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn’t that funny that just a few years ago we didn’t have digital anything?
    Pictures are su much fun! I actually wanna get a Polaroid for Xmas.
    And your friend Chris is handsome. Pity he’s straight.😄

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harvard! That's simply priceless. I had a friend like that and the only thing I could think of saying at the time was 'go away.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. hee hee hee! good times there, bob-o-rific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photos like those are priceless in how they can bring back good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's the first time I've seen your picture. You're a handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these trips down memory lane. Just look at all that love... Just look at all those drunks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is marvelous!
    I am so indebted to you for a new term: "A Harvard" as in Harvard-man, Harvard-restaurant etc.
    meaning I have a better chance to get into Harvard than ......

    OXOX

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......