Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Architecture Wednesday: Northwoods Shingle Style

A couple of weeks of small, and I’m jonesing for some ostentatious; something large; something new, but old, too. Something like a new shingle style building on the shores of a Minnesota Lake, that gives you all of the modern amenities and style, with hints of yesteryear.

It’s big; it’s grand’ it’s a freaking mansion. But it’s giving me some old Maine Coast shingle-style realness; and with views and a gorgeous kitchen and what they’re calling a ‘mixologist room,’ that I, in my Smalltown way, would say was a bar.

I need a mixologist room, and some shingles and a lake view. And fireplaces and grans staircases and a great kitchen. The only thing I’m leery about is that kid’s room; what would I do with that?

Max, Tuxedo, Consuelo and Ozzo could have their own room and beds!

I’m all in now.


5 comments:

  1. It’s a big house, but it looks light and airy.
    Those ceilings! And the view is not chopped liver, either.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:31 PM

    Nice pick...When can we move in...I'll set up the movers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really, really nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my... does the houseboy come with it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's beautiful, but clearly my tastes have changed. The grandeur does nothing for me. My favorite photo? The last one on the roof deck.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......