Friday, January 25, 2019

For Deedles ... Cuz She Asked For It!


Okay Deedles … the ‘Wee’ tour.

This is the powder room, remodeled by Carlos and myself, and painted and designed by me. I liked the idea of a man’s pin-striped suit, so I painted pinstripes on a black wall. Then with a new toilet and sink, mirror, light, and artwork—all photos taken by me, everywhere from Snoqualmie, Washington, to Brookgreen Gardens at Myrtle Beach—and we have a much nicer Rest Stop at Casa Bob y Carlos. The mirror is a horizontal mirror that I hung vertically after painting the old frame to match the frame on one of the photos.


PS This is the original powder room. I know!

11 comments:

  1. :-)
    I remember this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Trump Tanning Bed Orange?? If I was going to buy that house with that bathroom in TTBO color I would have said, "Oh HELL no!"
    I do love the pinstriping. Very chic. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! The new version is crisp and chic. Thotal inspo.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Leanna
    It was orange-ish before orange was in the White House!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that remodel from a few years ago. you almost killed carlos, IIRC...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG what a vast improvement over the original!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tour, Bob! Now I must confess, my master bathroom is painted apricot. This was my choice because I happen to like bright colors. The toilet and sink are white though. I like the orange bathroom, if it has a window. If not, it was too bright. So many people with good taste. I don't seem to be one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I want to see the rest of the place...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so classy! No plaids? And Deedles should get anything she asks for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Simply put...LOVE IT!!.. Love pin stripe affect...The floor, the toilet, the sink....sleek and classy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice, clean and just perfect... so of course I feel awful about my bathroom and that means I am so jealous that I'm never reading this frigging blog again!!! Well until tomorrow at least.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......