Thursday, January 24, 2019

Bobservations

When we lived in Miami, I created a special whistle for our outside cats so they would come when dinner was ready. Over the years, as those cats left us, and our cats have all been indoor cats, that special whistle is one I now use on Carlos—and, to be fair, he uses it on me, too.

I use it in stores when he wanders off, so that he can find me; I use it at home when I’m too lazy to go to him with a question or comment.

Like the other day, while on the computer, and I came across a high-larious cat-and-dog video and wanted to show him; so, I puckered up and blew … he didn’t come right away. So, I did it again, and kept doing it until he appeared at the office door, snarling:
“No need to the whistle. I am not the dog, you know.”
I replied:
“And yet, here you are.”
I won that round.
Show of hands …who saw this coming? Gay conversion therapist, David Matheson, has quit the “ex-gay” torture movement because he wants to date men.

Seriously. The asshat who believed you could torture away the gay is now flamboyantly out and proud and swiping right with all his might. Yet he still claims he was straight after therapy, until he became bisexual, and then all the way gay … again.
We all know _____;likes his ties long … possibly to use as a red road map over that extended belly to find his zipper when he has to pee. But Chris Christie says there’s an altogether different reason for the look … _____ says a long tie makes him look thinner.

Sure, if we’re looking at him from space.
In a week where we saw smug little MAGA hat wearing racists face down a Native American veteran, I prefer this story …

Fifty students from Hingham Middle School in Massachusetts spent a month rehearsing a song, and then traveled 30 miles by bus to perform it for their favorite teacher, choir director Christopher Landis, at his wedding rehearsal brunch. Christopher’s fiancé, Joe Michienzie, was in on the surprise which was planned by two parents of the students.

One parent, Joy Foraste, said:
“It was so wonderful for the kids to see him with his family and his close friends, and they saw him as a person, not just their teacher. They saw how much it meant to him. He immediately started crying and the kids started crying. It’s something they’ll never forget.”



And I’m crying … again.
The government shut down is entering its fifth week of federal employees going without pay. And, while some in Congress are donating their salaries to food bank and charities set up to help those workers, the Fat Bastard responsible sits in his Barca lounger eating Big Macs and offering nothing.

Fortunately, there are people who care … like Jon Bon Jovi and wife Dorthea who run the JBJ Soul Kitchen, a restaurant that allows people to pay what they can for their food or volunteer for the meal instead.

In honor of Martin Luther King Day, Bon Jovi, in partnership with New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy and his Murphy Family Foundation, fed all federal workers and their families for free at JBJ Soul Kitchen.

And they are not the only ones. Chef José Andrés has organized #ChefsForFeds who are partnering with restaurants, kitchens and food trucks across the nation to try and keep federal employees fed.

I focused on JBJ because I think he’s adorable, and compassionate, and that’s a winning combination.
Spike Lee has been making movies for over thirty years now … She’s Gotta Have It, Do The Right Thing, Malcom X, School Daze Jungle Fever, Crooklyn, Mo’ Better Blues and BlacKkKlansman.

This year he was finally nominated for his first Oscar as Best Director for BlacKkKlansman.

It’s about damned time … and if you haven’t seen BlacKkKlansman, please do so, and if you can get through the last several minutes without crying, there’s something wrong with you.


Just sayin’.
And since we are talking awards, and awards shows, Grammy nominee Bebe Rexha—that’s her up there and over there—has come out to say that many fashion designers that she has reached out to for a dress to wear to the Grammys have told her they don’t dress ‘big girls’.

First thing … Bebe is a size 8; and even if she was a so-called big girl—fashion designer code for fat, I guess—who cares?

Not Bebe; she  took to Instagram to make it known that she’s got a few extra pounds on her and there’s nothing wrong with that at all:
“A lot of times artists will go and talk to designers, and they’ll make them custom dresses to walk the red carpet, right? You go to any big designer. I had my team hit out a lot of designers, and a lot of them do not want to dress me because I’m ‘too big.’ Literally, I’m ‘too big.'”
I say too bad to those designers with minds too narrow to see that Bebe’s a beautiful girl, and they could have gotten some free press by dressing her.

And maybe win the hearts of women everywhere who are a size 8 and above … which is most women in the world.
Finally … Hot Men!

Chris My-Husband-In-My-Head Pine is coming to TV next week in I Am The Night. Inspired by true events, it tells the story of Fauna Hodel, given away by her teenage birth mother, who begins to investigate the secrets to her past, and finds out she’s related to George Hodel, a Hollywood gynecologist connected to the legendary Black Dahlia murder.

But first there’s Chris … and then Justin Cornwell, and finally, Arlen Escarpeta, who probably won’t have his shirt off, but, hey, I can dream.

Also included in the cast is George Hodel’s actual home, the Sowden House, a Frank Lloyd Wright design … a kind of ancient Aztec temple in Hollywood.  


Gosh, hot men and an FLW home?

I’m in.


12 comments:

  1. Ok....when did Jon Bon Jovi become a hot daddy!!!!!!!! WOOF!!!!

    And a gay convention therapist who know wants to suck cock?!? Color my shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often talk to the dogs during the day 'such a good doggy, yes you are'
    and DH will answer, 'are you talking to me?' (He has a mild hearing loss.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whistle? Shades of Georg Von Trapp!
    If that child is a big girl, I must be considered elephantine! A pregnant one at that! With triplets!
    Jon Bon Jovi has aged nicely! Gorgeous man, generous heart.
    David Matheson, I kinda hope he chokes on a pickle.
    Those singing kids. Just goes to show that "you have to be taught" to hate. Love is innate and only needs a little nurturing. Hate has to be drummed in. So many drummers out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Snowden house but, a quote from Wikipedia, The original owner, John Sowden, was a painter and photographer who hired his friend, Lloyd Wright (eldest son of Frank Lloyd Wright), to build his home on Franklin Ave in Los Feliz. An important difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, that sweet video made me cry too! What a beautiful thing to do for their teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JBJ is fine with me.

    Does Chris swim n the pool?

    One of these days the Idiot Jerk's a long tie of the Idiot Jerk will snag something heavy and down he'll go.

    Like all directors, Spike has had his ups and downs, this is an amazing turnaround from Chiraq.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Love those kids. There is hope for the future!

    2. How in the HELL has Spike Lee never been nominated for Best Director?

    3. George Hodel's son, an LAPD detective, wrote a fascinating book about his father making the case that his father was not only the Black Dahlia Avenger, but the Zodiac and possibly comitted one of the lipstick murders as well as murdering several women in the Philipines. I don't remember the title, but it's a great read if you have any interest in that sort of thing.

    4. I don't know who Bebe Rexha is, but Hubba Hubba! Who in the hell would think she was "too big" or whatever?

    5. Bon Jovi and his bandmates seem like really good guys. I remember them doing a performance with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog on Conan years ago in which Triumph raosted them mercilessly. Then Conan said that the whole thing was the band's idea. I wish their music wasn't so awful, because I'd love to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jon Bon Jovi...sigh...so many reasons to love him :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, well! Mr Matheson, now EX-gay conversion therapist. Who would have thought it! (Everybody but the man himself!)

    Not only is a Spike Lee award loooooooong overdue - and not simply a nomination but actually WINNING something - with 'BlacKkKlansman' being a might fine place to start. But how on earth did the dismal 'Black Panther' get on the nominations list? I rated it 3/10 - and that was generous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rough day here dealing with concerns about my brother. After that choir video, I'm crying, too. But, thanks for the happy tears!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg I. Late for this one, and as usual, I’d need a whole blog post to talk about everything that called my attention. Gah.
    Yes, Bob Jovi can still get it. I’ll have to write about the conversion therapy monster. Chris Pine is MINE. BlackKKKlansman is epic and Cheeto is a racist MoFo.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Samanta Lin6:45 AM

    I like to him as personally her acts is good for society.
    50+ Long Maxi Dress Sample

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......