Thursday, August 23, 2018

Bobservations

Carlos plays trumpet in a local community band, and after a summer off, rehearsals were set to start this week … as he told me.

Normally, I will prepare something on Sunday that we can heat up for dinner on Monday as we only have about an hour at home before I drive him to rehearsal. But, as bad luck would have it, this past Monday I got stuck at work for about forty minutes longer. I called Carlos before 5PM and asked if he could get a ride home; I told him there was meat sauce and pasta already cooked, all he had to do was heat it up; I told him I would get home as soon as I could and then drive him to rehearsal.

And so, I ran around, finishing my work, and then racing home as he was finishing his dinner. I told him I wanted to jump in the shower real quick and then I’d drive him.

Being a sweetheart, Carlos asked me if I wanted him to see if a friend could pick him up and drive, and I said, “Yes! YES!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!” And, while I showered, and then wolfed down a quick sandwich, Carlos made the call, and then came into the kitchen …
“Rehearsals don’t start until next Monday.”
Where did I put my cartoon frying pan?
Kevin “I grope young boys because I’m gay” Spacey’s first film since being replaced by Christopher Plummer in All The Money in the World, Billionaire Boys Club opened in 10 theaters last weekend and took in $126.00 … and that is no typo. That is a per theater average of $12.60, which doesn’t even equal two tickets in some places or even one ticket in others!

Too bad, so sad.
In better news, this week two fans of Kelly Clarkson, two women, Tweeted the singer that they’d just gotten married:
“@kelly_clarkson WE DID IT!”
And Kelly Tweeted back:
“Congrats you two!!”
And then a homophobe Tweeted Kelly:
“Sorry Kelly…. love your music but I don’t dig the dikes…still a sin any way you cut it.”
And Kelly replied:
“I almost didn’t respond 2 this because hate doesn’t deserve a spotlight but u know what, truth does, & the truth is that God is Love, & Love shared between two people should be praised not condemned in my personal opinion. I love u 2 although we see the world/love differently.”
Love Kelly Clarkson.
Catholic League president Bill Donohue is still laying the blame for priests raping, groping, fondling, sexually molesting children on anyone and everyone but those priests and the church that shielded them.

Donohue and the Church tried to call what those priests did as “horseplay and wrestling and inappropriate contact” and not rape because, as Donohue says, the victims were not penetrated. He goes on to denounce the media for using the term “pedophilia” to describe the incidents when, Donohue again claims, most of the victims were “postpubescent.” And finally, as he always does, Donohue then lays the blame on so-called “gay priests”.

Again, the Church claims it was horseplay, that children weren’t raped, that priests aren’t pedophiles and that it’s all the gay’s fault.
In a continuation of his descent into Nixonian behavior, comes word that _____ told his advisers that he wants Attorney General Jeff Sessions to arrest Omarosa Manigault Newman, though it’s not clear what law she broke.

He just wants her locked away, so she’ll stop talking. And then, in an effort to shift the conversation away from all those taped conversations coming out, that’s when _____ revoked former C.I.A. director John Brennan’s security clearance.

It’s all smoke and mirrors and manipulation and lies.
Oops, word got out that Cadet Bone Spurs military parade to salute the Draft Dodger In Chief, was going to cost $80 million more than the original $12 million and now it’s off.

And he is pissed.

I, however, find it funny, and telling, that the GOP, who paints themselves with the fiscal conservative brush, would ever allow such a parade to take place but they’re slaves to their Orange Master.
An actor named JJ Totah recently starred as a young gay boy in the NBC show Champions … which was in June.

This month JJ, now known as Josie, came out as transgender in an essay in TIME magazine: entitled My Name Is Josie Totah — And I’m Ready to Be Free:
“When I was really young, growing up in a small town in Northern California, people would just assume I was gay. On the playground, I was the type of kid who wanted to sing with the girls, not play soccer with the boys. Then I found myself playing that role once I got into the entertainment industry, and people kept assuming my identity. Numerous reporters have asked me in interviews how it feels to be a young gay man. I was even introduced that way before receiving an award from an LGBTQ+ rights organization. I understand that they didn’t really know better. I almost felt like I owed it to everybody to be that gay boy. But that has never been the way I think of myself. My pronouns are she, her and hers. I identify as female, specifically as a transgender female. And my name is Josie Totah. I can only imagine how much more fun it’s going to be to play someone who shares my identity, rather than having to contort myself to play a boy. I’m going to gun for those roles, be it a transgender female or a cisgender female. Because it’s a clean slate — and a new world.”
Good for her, and Welcome Out, and, naturally, please accept as our gifts the Official Coming Out Toaster Oven and a copy of The Gay Agenda, because it applies to our trans brothers and sisters as well.

Welcome out! Be free!
Oh Madge … she appeared at this week’s MTV VMA’s to present the award for Video of the Year and before she did so, she paid tribute to Aretha Franklin, although the tribute was all about Madge.

Wearing a traditional dress and jewelry from Malawi she told the story of how, before she was Madonna, she was a broke professional dancer living in a crack house in NYC, getting mistaken for a hooker and going to auditions.

But one day, because she loved Aretha so, she “sang” an acoustic version of (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman during an audition for some “French disco sensation.”

Yes, we wouldn’t have Madonna if it wasn’t for Aretha, but we heard nothing about Aretha, we just heard a story of how Madonna became Madonna.

Take a seat, Madge, you’re not needed here.
After Tuesday's news of Manafort and Cohen going to jail, with every news channel covering the stories, this is what Fox News’ Brett Baier did to close his show:
“Finally tonight, after an intense day of news, multiple breaking stories, intense, serious … puppies. Just puppies. OK, just thought you’d like that.”
Yup, he showed pictures of puppies. And then Fox resumed its nonstop “an immigrant killed a white girl” coverage and coving Hair Furor’s cult rally in West Virginia where he never once said Cohen or Manafort’s name, but continued to rail about football players taking a knee.

Puppies and racist bull shiz from Fox.
We saw a film called Permission last weekend, about a young couple sort of pushed into maybe having a few more sexual experiences before they settle down and tie the knot and there were some hotties up in there.

First up, left, Dan Steven, formerly of Downton Abbey, with those gorgeous baby blues and an even nicer tush.

Next up, was François Arnaud, one of the men that the girl hooks up with; let’s just say that François, in all his glory, is glorious.

Lastly, Morgan Spector, a hottie spy in Homeland, plays one half of a gay couple in the film, and his rock-hard body in their love scene was a wonder to behold.

Just sayin’.


11 comments:

  1. I love how Carlos top this list every week now!!!! You have such patience dear.

    GOD I love Kelly Clarkson. And she has the right attitude. One must kill with kindness and still talk nice to people we don't see eye to eye with. It drives them NUTS!!!

    By doing these things, does the dumb ass not know how guilty he makes himself look. REMOVE HIM NOW! But I never thought I'd love Omarosa. She is tormenting the hell out of him. Two snaps girl.

    Kudo to Josie....and so young and brave

    Madonna has gone completely nuts I do believe. Her kids should seek a resting home for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW you and carlos keep your marriage together is beyond me! ;-b

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bookends- Carlos and the Tweet! I had to read that tweet out loud to get the full impact, then I laughed my lack of butt off! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anne marie
    It's love, baby, all love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill Donohue does not speak for the Catholic Church, except in his own mind. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops report in 2002 (http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/child-and-youth-protection/upload/The-Nature-and-Scope-of-Sexual-Abuse-of-Minors-by-Catholic-Priests-and-Deacons-in-the-United-States-1950-2002.pdf) essentially differentiated between homosexuality and pedophilia and attributed the propensity for pedophilia among many, if not most, of the catholic priest offenders to "arrested development" (I am oversimplifying the report which I did not take the time to fully re-read today).

    Why, now, suddenly they are changing their story to make it about homosexual priests is not only disingenuous but flawed.

    Further, Bill Donahue should never be quoted as a spoksperson for the catholic church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shatner panties!!!!! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (((Carlos)))
    And you are a good spouse! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my god, Carlos! Bob is a saint. Bob is a saint. BOB is a saint!

    Shatner Panties and Captain's Log. I Love It!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bill Donohue is a failed, wannabe priest who's jealous as hell he didn't get invited to any of the horseplay.

    Till all is said and done, the Idiot Jerk is going to make Nixon look like an alter boy... maybe we should warn him about Bill.... nah

    Funny thing about Madonna she evidently decided to blame... the media, the fans, the sane people, in fact everybody who failed to understand how deeply moving her tribute to Aretha was...

    Faux news... what a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brava, Kelly Clarkson and Josie Totah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. But I have to wonder what stories Carlos would tell...!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......