Monday, March 26, 2012

Top Ten Outstanding Guest Comments Of The Week

Once again it's time to name my coveted....coveted?....Top Ten Outstanding Guest Comments of the Week, the TTOGCOTW.
So, here there are, in random order, the comments that make me smile, snicker, and snort, and even think.
I was taught to never make judgements based on a person's appearance, but it's hard, because I'm shallow like that. But this week, I learned that lesson again, and maybe this time it'll stick.....I kid, because I'm still shallow like that. At any rate, Good News Friday: Never Judge A Book By Its Cover:
#1a froggy said...
wow!
#1b Wonder Man said...
co-sign, froggy
If it wasn't so frightening, I mean the idea that people are actually voting for him, Mitt Romney might be kinda fun to watch, as with Mitssy Flipsy, Part Deux:
#2 designing wally said...
They sure do get desperate as they get older...
Dropping to their knees just to feel validated.
I Didn't Say It....you did:
#3 R.J. said...
Steven Andrew might want to brush up on his history. The economy was going great under that heathen President Clinton. Not so much under Shrub or his father.
Now, I Ain't One To Gossip, But.....I sure do love sharing me some stories about people I don't know:
#4 Miss Ginger Grant said...
If no one had rolled that bitch in flour, none of us would have even realized she hired someone to bottle perfume with her name on it. And I'm sure it stinks as much as that stunt did.....
#5 mrs.missalaineus said...
i was waiting for a final paragraph where someone fried KKKK in peanut oil after being dipped in egg and then dredged in flour again.
xxalainaxx
Oh my head, filled with so many useless thoughts! Where to leave them? How to rid myself of them? I know! Random Musings:
#6 Theaterdog said...
Kirk what's his name, oh yeah Cameron....I have seen his face more this month than all the times I watched what-ever the hell show on which he was a child actor back in the day.
His children must be so proud!
Rarely does a day go by that the Tennessee legislature do something that makes them look like a bunch of backwards thinking, toothless rednecked, neanderthals. And that it so evident in Tennessee Invades Women's Privacy:
#7a Princess said...
More masturbation fodder for repressed republicans!
#7b And then we got an update from:
Joy said...
That bill didn't get out of committee and has been withdrawn. There were some good speeches against it and him. A few bad apples are trying to spoil our barrel. 
I have the same thing that afflicted Sophia on The Golden Girls; I'm missing that part of the brain that censors speech, and often find myself saying things that should just stay in my head [Case in point: this week I find myself saying, at any and every awkward moment, But they're my breasts, Mama]. So, Overheard At Work:
#8 David Dust said...
God Hates Tags.
I believe that many people don't realize that, by using social media, like Facebook or Twitter, their idiocy and hatred and intolerance is put out for all the world to see, for all time, which is why I was sickened by Homophobic Tweets:
#9 Tivo Mom said...
anyone can reproduce and that makes me sad...
PR All-Stars: Redemption! Finally it ended just as I'd hoped:
#10 DuPree said...
This was the one and only episode I've seen this season. Having Sweet P back did pique my curiosity, but knowing Kenley was also back made me want hit someone in the throat.
Honesty, Austin freaks me out. The hubby has met him in public and found him to be quite charming. But his deranged, dandy foppishness kinda twists my knickers. And when he sports a mustache, he looks downright freaky.
Don't get me wrong. Austin is great kabuki - and no one does the Norma Desmond "my sanity has just left the room" look better.
Michael was adorable and talented. I'm glad he made the finals - he seemed nice.
I'm glad the weirdly shaped little hairy man won. Although my third grade self called from 1970, wanting those eyeglasses back.
Also - it seems that in every season, one designer is an expert 'draper' - usually some gay guy.
That's going to be my second career. Expert draper. I'ma gonna get some stitch witch and a iron - gurlll- and some pins. And soon you'll see me stumbling down that runway, baby. Mr. Expert Draper. Mm-hmm. 


So, which was your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. someone who met Austin! squee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a great week on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just pleased to be in the running for once.

    And yes, Froggy - the husband met Austin after a grueling series of airline misadventures (including lightning striking the plane) eventually got him from San Francisco to New York City at 3 am. He met Austin at a cafe - getting coffee before getting on the Trailways Bus to come home.

    Apparently, Austin was very convivial and not at all pretentious (unlike Miss Carson Kressley - but that's another story for another time) - and even signed an autograph for my poor, bleary eyed baby.

    And thank you, Bob, for choosing my comment. xo

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......