Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Art Wednesday: Michael Quigg

I usually like to show off work by painters on Art Wednesday, but the minute I saw Michael Quigg's photographs I knew he was the one.


His work takes subjects that might appear depressing, dirty, violent, scary r sad, and he infuses them with brilliant color, creating something beautiful
Michael Quigg was born, and still lives, in Toronto:
"I have worked in graphic arts and photography for over 26 yrs. Freelanced for the Toronto Sun for 15 yrs. Have won several photo awards including City of Toronto – Best Fire Photo some of my images have been published in magazines newspaper’s and calendars, annual reports globally."

Michael Quigg Time Stands Still website

source

2 comments:

  1. Good choice, love the natural ones as well as the doctored ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Many people don't see it, but I think there is great, stark beauty in abandoned places and decay. This artists sees it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......