Friday, October 22, 2010

I Didn't Say It.......

 John McCain, promising to continue his dumbfuckery and block any vote on DADT:
"The President of the United States has no military experience, no impact with the military, went over to San Diego and called the corpsman 'corpse' man. I guess he thought it was 'The Day of the Living Dead'. And has made this decision because of a political promise to the gay and lesbian community. Absolutely I will filibuster or stop it from being brought up until we have a thorough and complete study on the effect of morale and battle effectiveness."

Retire Grampa.
Sit on your front porch and yell at the kids, most likely the gay kids only, to get off your lawn.
You have officially jumped the shark. 

Meghan McCain, on wingnut Teabagger and witch, Christine O'Donnell:
"I speak as a 26-year-old woman. And my problem is that, no matter what, Christine O'Donnell is making a mockery of running for public office. She has no real history, no real success in any kind of business. And what that sends to my generation is, one day, you can just wake up and run for Senate, no matter how [much] lack of experience you have. It just turns people off, because she's seen as a nutjob."  

Oh, I don't see her as a nutjob, but rather, that's how she portrays herself every single time she opens her mouth to speak.
Sidenote: Any way we can get Meghan to take her father's Senate seat, so we'll have a little less gibberish and a little more common sense?
Just wondering.

Attorney General, and Democratic candidate for New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo, on marriage equality:
"I don't want to be the governor who just proposes marriage equality. I don't want to be the governor who lobbies for marriage equality. I don't want to be the governor who fights for marriage equality. I want to be the governor who signs the law that makes equality a reality in the state of New York."Then follow the path and do it.

We're done with the rhetoric and the promises and the dreams, and the Yes, We Can.
We're ready for someone to actually do something.

Glee cast member Chord Overstreet, on how the show is making him spend more time out of his clothes than in them:
 "It's funny. They have me in the shower with my shirt off for every episode. You kind of have to stay in good shape. I actually signed that in my contract. It was all about having to have one or two shirts off scenes for every episode. I'm like the Taylor Lautner of TV now."

And this is a problem because.......
If I had my way, Chord, you'd belong to some small religious sect that doesn't believe in wearing clothes.
Ever.
Hmmmm, maybe I should write for Glee.

Former wrestler, and former governor of Minnesota, Jesse Ventura, on Mama Grizzly Bore;
"I felt she was completely unqualified. I had more qualifications than she did. I had served as a mayor of a town [Brooklyn Park, Minn.] of 60,000 - hers [Wasilla, Alaska] was 10,000. I had served as governor for two years when everybody wanted me to run for president in 2000, and I said I'm not prepared to be the president. I haven't even completed office as a governor yet. Now, she never completed her office as governor. She didn't even get two years in hardly! And she quit to get money. Jesus, how do people not see that! She saw greener pastures, said, Screw the people of Alaska, and went on to collect."

You're preachin' to the choir, Jesse.

Sheriff Billy McGee, on why he fired gay corrections officer Andre Cooley:
"He got in a fight with his boyfriend, and the police were called to his house for a domestic disturbance. Those kinds of incidents don't speak well for people in law enforcement."

No, they don't speak well for officers of the law, but it does make me wonder if bubba McGee would have had the same solution if it had been a straight officer beating up his wife or girlfriend.

2 comments:

  1. I've had a crush on Jesse "The Body" Ventura for over 30 years now, and he just keeps making me love him more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse is that breath of fresh air we need once in awhile to remind us that you don't have to be a career politician or a neophyte from the business world to succeed at politics.

    I wish there were more Republicans like Meagan McCain. A lot more.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......