Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Architecture Wednesday: Lake Tahoe Masterpiece

I think I’ve mentioned before that my family used to rent a cabin on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe every Summer while I was growing up. It was the best place to spend a Summer, high in the mountains with hiking and biking and swimming in the frigid lake; and it was a nice cabin, two bedrooms down and a loft upstairs with a large wrap-around deck.

Nowadays, though, my tastes have changed and this cabin, nestled on Crystal Bay, on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, just west of Incline Village, Nevada, might just fit the bill, even if it is a bit large and ostentatious.

This 7,850 square foot home sits on 1.2 private acres with 110 feet of lake frontage. The Great Room, with attached sunroom and lounge sits high above the water, with a beautiful terrace for those sunsets. The primary suite is set apart from the home, accessed via an enclosed bridge, with views and privacy in mind; outside and down some steps is an in-ground pool with an infinity edge overlooking one of the most beautiful spots on the planet. Downstairs are five more lake view en suite bedroom suites, including a bunk room, office, home gym, and family room and bar with a terrace view. In addition, there is a separate in-law wing over a three-car garage.

I love the windows and the views, and the soaring wooden ceilings; there are open spaces and private spaces so it fits about every family or group. Best of all is that lake frontage. Oh, it’s so far down the hill you say? Who wants to walk all that walk down the hill to the water and then walk back up?

The home comes equipped with a funicular tram brings you down to the crystal cove and deep-water shared pier with a boat lift and a buoy beyond. 

They’ve thought of everything …

25 comments:

  1. With more area rugs, that place would be quite livable. Oh, and I'd definitely need to install a tram to get down to that boat dock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it already has the funicular to get you from house to shore.

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful view, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any view of that lake and those mountains is good for me.

      Delete
  3. Loverly views. My in-laws had a tram to get
    down to the lake (in Idaho). Kids always
    wanted it to go faster!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cut it loose and let it fly!!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my, that place is just stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now we're cooking with gas!!!!! SOLD!!!! What a beautiful gem and the considerations put in to consider the natural environment. Crisp clean lines....love the use of all the woods...nice space planning and very warm. And the staircase is spectacular.!!!!!!! And love the exterior design as well....and that it's black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still working on Carlos to paint our house black ... and he's weakening.
      And this place; man, I loved being in Tahoe and this house makes me love it all over again.

      Delete
  6. Great setting and views. Grand place. Thank goddess for the funicular. But, it doesn’t sing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it's Tahoe and the lake and the mountains that get me.

      Delete
  7. When will it be a good time for Carlos, you, and the kids to come for a visit. I love it. A little big for a single person. I don't like light wood but this is a great compromise. Fell in love with all the pops of color. I could see myself watching the seasons float in with those views. Now getting down the "frigid lake" would take some doing. Is there some type of transportation in the picture to get down to the lake? I am from Sacramento so know this area. I await your call as I throw another log on the fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a funicular from house to beach, and I. too, wouldn't ever leave. And once you get in the water ... in the heat of summer ... you get used to it.

      Delete
  8. Just wunnerfull, wunnerfull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd ever leave.

      Delete
  9. Achingly beautiful and in such good taste too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tahoe is one of the most gorgeous spots on earth, and this place is perfect.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous6:19 PM

      Beautiful! Such a nice location and very well done.

      Delete
  10. It is hard to argue with that lovely patio... but. I would love to see this house... after they throw all the furnishings out. Whoever decorated it? They have a sense of... humor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, of course it'd be better when you put your own spin on it!

      Delete
  11. I guess that's a "cabin" the same way as a mansion in the Hamptons is a "cottage". I always thought cabins and cottages were small sized homes with maybe one main living area, kitchen included and a couple of small bedrooms tacked on to one side.
    What you have here looks more like a resort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's "cabin" as in mountain getaway! When I was a kid, we stayed in a cabin that, while wonderful, was two bedrooms and a loft.

      Delete
  12. Yes, we finally found it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the upper cabinets, right? 😊

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......