Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Oh No He Di'in't!!

We had a bit of excitement around Casa bob y Carlos yesterday. And by excitement, I mean, Carlos was almost murdered, and by murdered I mean I almost killed Carlos.

I decided to mow the lawns, and so I was out in the yard tooling around on the mower, with my phone in my pocket, ear buds in my ears, listening to music, and no doubt signing along and aloud to that music. I spotted Carlos cleaning up some branches that had fallen from a tree--we have a "Tree Guy" coming this week to "branch up" the trees--and wandering with Ozzo. My next pass around the yard and they were gone. My third pass around the yard was when I saw it ...

I thought it was Ozzo, still outside and roaming the yard, but upon closer inspection... IT.WAS.TUXEDO. Carlos had obviously opened a door, and even in his old, creaky boned, wobbly legs state, Tuxedo left the building for the front yard. Luckily, because, again, even in his old, creaky boned, wobbly legs state, Tuxedo wandered to the big [damn SpellCheck] gate, which was open to get the mower through to the front yard for mowing and strolled around the back yard. And, again, even in his old, creaky boned, wobbly legs state, Tuxedo didn't hear the mower, and wasn't afraid and as I turned the engine off and dismounted ...scoring perfect tens across the board ... he came walking up to me as if to say:

"Look at me Daddy! I'm outside by myself."

I scooped him up and started toward the small gate to get him back inside, when Carlos rounded the corner; I said:

"Look who I found wandering the back yard!"

"How did he get out?"

Clearly, Carlos thinks Tuxedo has a key.

He dodged a bullet that day. Literally.

16 comments:

  1. Glad it worked out for the best!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see a pic of Tuxedo it makes me think that he must be a relative of Wolfie's, although Tuxedo doesn't have Wolfie's lopsided moustache, unlike Itzhak down the road who is a dead ringer for Wolfie. Glad that Tuxedo still has the cojones to get out and about when assisted by Carlos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha
    Oh that photo!
    And kitties are super sneaky. Carlos probably blinked and BAM! There goes Tux.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. Thanks goodness it didn't turn into a episode like your other cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor little Guapo! So few adventures left. Oh, poor Carlos! The wrath of Bobulah is terrifying to behold (I would imagine)!
    I'm glad everything worked out. Now, what is a nig gate? Never mind. I enjoy my little mental excursions into the underground railroad for black felines, back in the day. Headed by Harricat Tubman. This is so inappropriate of me but I can't stop giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very scary, Mary! Jeez. I would have been plotzing. Kitties outdoors is a no-no in my world. I just freak. Sorry this happened, but good for Tux, strutting his stuff. Give Carlos a hug. Life happens. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But in his old, creaky boned, wobbly legs state, would Tuxedo ever leave the yard? Does he have that much spirit of adventure still?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @TDM
    Luckily for Carlos .....

    @Helen
    He was feeling especially frisky yesterday and took advantage of Carlos's vision issue!

    @Six
    Tuxedo knows Other Daddy doesn't see well.

    @Agnes
    If it had, it might have been Carlos pinned in the Cat Trap.

    @Deedles
    Damn SpellCheck doesn't know that I meant "big" gate!
    Harricat Tubman!!!!

    @Upton
    All our cats are inside cats, though Tuxedo is allowed in the yard when carried by one of his Daddies. He is NOT, however, allowed to roam free!!

    @Debra
    Well, he escaped through the garage door, and into the front yard, which is unfamiliar territory. Luckily, he wandered to the big gate and into the back yard where I saw him.
    I don't know where he might have gotten is he stayed out front.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Bobulah, sweetie, your SpellCheck is going to have me giggling all day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SG’s famous line for our California cats, when he did that, was “Oh just rattle two plates together, they’ll come running.” They did not. He and Carlos are both lucky to be alive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least he didn't make a run for it! (Tuxedo, I mean, not Carlos.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Deedles
    Well then, I guess it's good for something???

    @Mitchell
    SG sounds [again] just like Carlos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Number 1 I love curry!! My mom is Japanese and they have curry too. As long it is not too spicey. Think of this-Potatoes, carrots, cubes of beef stew, a little celery, and carrots in a nice mild curry sauce on a bed of rice. Now that is some eating. Now, just don't drown things in coconut milk and we are fine.

    Number 2-What you don't know will not hurt you. Truth be told Tuxedo has been out of the house a time or two, visiting the local market for a snack, and back home again. None the wiser. Smart cookie she is.

    Number 3 If you hurt one hair on Carlos' head the "I Should Be Laughing" contingent will be on your house worse than the Beehive for Beyonce.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Victor
    About the Great Tuxedo ... he is allowed outside, with a chaperone, and only with a chaperone.
    He's so gorgeous that I fear if I lose sight of him someone may steal him.
    That said, I would never hurt Carlos, but he suffered from many disapproving looks and side-eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never murder your husband, in most states you can't inherit from someone you have killed. Now being SC, the rules might be different if he deserved it, but why take the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Travel
    Murder is a euphemism for punishing by holding him captive in the cage we used to catch Consuelo when he "accidentally" let her escape the house!
    But you're right about SC ... I could probably get away with it.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......