Friday, December 15, 2017

I Didn't Say It

Oscar Isaac, actor, and, yes, Husband In My Head, about the rumored gay romance between his Star Wars character Poe and John Boyega’s character Finn:

“What it means to me is that people can see themselves in a hero like this, in a movie like this, which I love. Not only LGBT, but Latinos. That there’s a representation out there for that. As to actually seeing how that manifests itself in Poe in this film, that isn’t necessarily going to be a clear story point in this one. But as an actor, I’m very open to those possible storylines and I don’t think it needs to be nailed down in any traditional way.”

Um, Isaac, if you need any help rehearsing those kinds of scenes, call me?
Sarah Paulson, one of my favorite actors, on her relationship with 74-year-old Holland Taylor, another of my faves, on being warned to keep their love a secret: but choosing instead to celebrate it when she won an Emmy:

“It occurred to me, should I not do that? And then I thought, why would I not? The fact I’m having this thought is wrong. But I had a moment of societal concern; wondering if, maybe, people who didn’t know that about me would be like, wait, what? But then, you know, I did it anyway. My life choices are, um, unconventional. I’m with a much older person, and people find that totally fascinating and odd, and, to me, it’s the least interesting thing about me.”

It’s love, and who cares; and who’s business is it anyway?
Laura Ingraham, Fox News loon, is concerned about the #MeToo movement, though not for the victims but for, well, let her tell you:

“Is the #MeToo movement becoming a spoiler for this season’s Christmas parties? I can see this year it might be — a little less festive, let’s say that. No alcohol and no fun and no lampshades and, I don’t know, maybe that’s better. Is this just killing all the fun of Christmas?”

Yeah, thanks to the victims of sexual assault men won’t be drinking as much this year and assaulting women.
Laura Ingraham, another asshat from Fox.
Nikki Haley, US ambassador to the United Nations, says that women who accuse someone of sexual misconduct deserve to be heard, even if it involves _____:

“I know that he was elected, but women should always feel comfortable coming forward. And we should all be willing to listen to them. Women who accuse anyone should be heard. They should be heard and they should be dealt with, and I think …  any woman who has felt violated or felt mistreated in any way, they have every right to speak up.”

Every once in a while Nikki gets it right, though a little bit late, but still, right.
Jake Tapper, on _____’, the biggest liar of all, calling the media liars:

“You might find it hard to believe, but the _____ White House today said it is wrong when people put out information they know to be incorrect in an attempt to mislead the republic. That’s right, the White House, run by the president who came to political prominence by promoting the lie that the first African-American president was born in Africa, is finding time to take issue with those who mislead people. The White House, run by the president who said with no evidence that crowds of American Muslims were seen on TV celebrating in New Jersey after 9/11. The man who repeated the ludicrous claim that Ted Cruz’s father had something to do with the Kennedy assassination, and the man who said with no evidence there were 3 to 5 million fraudulent votes for Hillary Clinton.”

And this is just the tiniest bit of his lies. As I told the Fat Bastard on Twitter, we know he’s lying whenever his lips are flapping.
And that, my friends, is the truth.
Trae Crowder, the Liberal Redneck, on Roy Moore and that special Senate election in Alabama this week:

“The people’s choices are Democrat Doug Jones and a poorly written villain from a f**king Dukes of Hazzard episode. Even when you take into account that the man that they’re replacing is a f**king Hobbit from an alternate universe where JRR Tolkien owns slaves, Roy Moore is an unbelievable bag of sh*t. He’s a judge who’s been kicked off the bench twice for refusing to do his job, he’s taken money from his own non-profit, he’s openly admitted that he thinks the last time America was great was before the Civil War, he thinks all legislation should be drafted by Jesus, and he presumably believes that the Devil invented dinosaurs and gay people.”

I know Crowder was being funny, but these are all things Roy Moore believes and Alabama and the US Senate dodged a bullet thanks to Black women..
Cory Booker, Democratic Senator from New jersey, on _____’s assault on the LGBTQ community with the Colorado Masterpiece Cakeshop case:

"There’s many of us that are hoping the Supreme Court — like it did with marriage equality, like it’s done in discrimination cases facing African-Americans in the past — will do the right thing. No one should be able to discriminate against folks. At restaurants or businesses, I don’t want to see that treatment being done to anyone in this country. When one American is under attack, when one American is facing discrimination, we need to understand that’s an assault on all Americans.”

Booker has vowed to push for action in Congress if the court rules with baker Jack Phillips.
Hot LGBTQ ally.
Joe Biden, who lost his son Beau to the same type of cancer as John McCain, comforted McCain’s daughter Meghan on The View as she talked about the condition:

“There is hope, and if anyone can make it, your dad. Her dad is one of my best friends. We’re like two brothers who were somehow raised by two different fathers or something because of our points of view. But I know, and I mean this sincerely, even when your dad got mad at me, saying I should get the hell off the ticket, remember what I said about your dad? I said, I know if I picked up the phone tonight and called John McCain and said, ‘I’m at Second and Vine in Oshkosh and I need your help, come,’ he’d get on a plane and come, and I would for him, too…I swear, guys, we’re going to beat this damn disease.”

Perhaps, as president, he could work some magic in this area?
Just sayin’.

10 comments:

  1. I love Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor!!!!!!!

    Nikki.....HA!!!! WHEN is her due coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corey Booker is on my list for 2020. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Joe Biden as Veep for Kamala Harris? He's a bit old for the number one job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will NO ONE think of the poor drunken Christmas Office Party? Oh thank gawd for Laura Ingraham! She's making America great again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW MANY husbands-in-your-head do you have???? (asking for a friend)

    "No alcohol and no fun and no lampshades and, I don’t know, maybe that’s better. Is this just killing all the fun of Christmas?” - because NOTHING says xmess better than drunks and lampshades and ignorant hetero male asshats making lewd remarks! STFU and siddown, laura twatwaffle!

    LOVE THAT CORY! and double love for uncle joe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @anne marie, from what I can figure out, Bob has countless head husbands but the best parts belong to Carlos!

    Now to bring the shallow, I want to pinch Trae Crowder's cheeks and bite his nose. No judging, people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @AM
    What Deedles said. I have many in my head but just one in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Bob, if you could cast Sarah Paulson in one perfect movie, what would it be? Period piece or modern, biographical, literary adaptation or original story... what would it be?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Brewella
    I think she can do anything, any part, any time ever, but I loved her grunged out heroin chic role in AHS: Hotel so I might pick something real gritty for her.
    But I have yet to see her in anything where i'm disappointed by her performance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cory and Joe should run together in 2020. Either one would make a fine president. Trae Crowder is one person who should think about running for the Senate in 2018. Can you just hear him bitchin and moaning about some stupid bill the Republicans want to pass? He could be perfect for a filibuster.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......