Friday, December 17, 2010

I Didn't Say It......

Winona Ryder, on Mel Gibson:
"I remember, like, fifteen years ago, I was at one of those big Hollywood parties. And he was really drunk. I was with my friend, who's gay. He made a really horrible gay joke. And somehow it came up that I was Jewish. He said something about 'oven dodgers,' but I didn't get it. I'd never heard that before. It was just this weird, weird moment. I was like, 'He's anti-Semitic and he's homophobic.' No one believed me!"

Oh, we believe now.
All it takes is a drunken tirade against the cops, a DUI, and some rather nasty voice-mails to prove it.

President Jimmy Carter says America is ready for a gay President:
"Step-by-step, we have realized that this issue of homosexuality has the same adverse and progressive elements as when we dealt with the race issue 50 years ago, or 40 years ago. So I would say that the country is getting acclimated to a president who might be female, who might, obviously, now, be Black, and who might be as well a gay person."

From your moth to the goddes' ears, Jimmy.
I don't quite agree that we're ready just now, but, one day.
Some day.

Carrie Fisher, on John Travolta's ALLEGED homosexuality, and the idea that Travolta has sent his legal team after Gawker, a website which printed a post suggesting Travolta has given blow jobs:
"Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we don’t care. Look, I’m sorry that he’s uncomfortable with it, and that’s all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be."

Oops.
He's outed.
Again!
And I wonder how long it will take him to send his lawyers after Carrie Fisher, who I cannot see apologizing for what she said.

Senator Carl Levin, on DADT and the President:
"The way I think the President needs to fight is to say that he is going to use all of the power he has of a bully pulpit and urge the Senate to stay in, right up to New Years….that’s the problem that I don’t see that kind of a willingness to fight that hard, where he will take that kind of a position and that’s what’s necessary. The Senate and the House, these are tests of wills."

I agree.
Obama needs to strap on some balls and get tough.
He's played the Nice Guy Game far too long now, and it hasn't worked.

Dina Lohan, media whore and enabler, On Gwyneth Paltrow's recent Glee guest shot where she cracked jokes about Lindsanity Lohan:
"Lindsay is so upset with Gwyneth. Lindsay was watching it while in Betty Ford, then she called me and was upset and said, 'Why did she have to do that? We are the first to make fun of ourselves in our family. And Lindsay has even done SNL a few times, but Gwyneth went overboard and it was unnecessary. Lindsay thought she was a friend and it was disappointing. It was really hard for her to watch... it was hurtful not funny."

Oh, Dina, you dumbass.
But you must have thought it was funny when Lindsay parodied herself on the MTV awards, right?
So, how come Lindsay can do it, and no one else can? Is it because you don't make any money off Gwyneth's jokes?

Willow Smith, on being a singer and not a student, because that's how her mommy and daddy want it:
"I never really get to go to school because I am always on tour or with my father. There is a tutor most of the time, but usually I am working so I never get to do the lessons. The worst thing about maths is all the kids are ahead of me because they go to school."

Nice way to teach your kids.
Maybe when Willow is about 50, and touring hotel lounges, whipping her hair, her mom and dad might have a different thought.
Doubtful.

Barbara Walters, on the View, discussing John Boehner's need for tears:
"This guy, I'm sorry, he's gonna be Speaker of the House, and he's not gonna invite me to his Christmas party, but this guy has an emotional problem that every time he talks about anything that's not 'raise taxes' he cries. If this were a woman, if you saw Nancy Pelosi, who's been villified, and I'm not taking sides, if you saw her getting up and crying... I hope he's a good Speaker of the House, but he's got a problem."

Seriously, I get emotional, too. But this guy makes me look like I'm made of steel.
Enough with the tears, Boner, you're starting to look even more crazy.
Chris Colfer, nominated for a Golden Globe, on his Glee role:
"I never thought I’d play a character who could inspire so many people. It’s a good thing I’ve gone through so many of the same things Kurt is going through—I definitely approach his character from a personal place."

I've said it before: Kurt is the heart of the show, and people of all orientations can see themselves in him.
And it's nice that he adds his own experiences to the mix.








4 comments:

  1. Willow Smith - ak! Out of the mouths of babes.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you can imagine how I feel about Willow Smith (and that other one). How irresponsible of her parents but unfortunately not that surprising.

    Orange Boner the blubbering alcoholic!

    Go Winona, Jimmy Carter, and Carrie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Jimmy read John Simpson's "Condor One" or "Condor and Falcon" [both Dreamspinner Press as an e-book or print]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel has fallen so hard

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......