Saturday, December 18, 2010

Update On Sicky McSickelstein

It's not good.
It's not bad.
But it hurts like a mothereffer!
It all started last Sunday. i was just getting over a cold and had what i thought was a sinus headache; I was still a bit congested and all. But that sinus headache lasted a couple of days and i began to remember what happened to Sharon Stone a few years back when she had a dull headache that lasted for days and she almost died.
i tend to overdramatize, in case you didn't already know that.
But by Tuesday the headache seemed to be abating, only now there was a small red patch smack dab in the middle of my forehead. By Wednesday, there were more red spots, and they looked like they were blistering. I was applying ointments and washing the area quite regularly, and Thursday morning came and I felt somewhat better, though i was still splotchy and blistery and now oozing--sorry about this, but the devil's in the details--some honey colored pus from my head.
So, I told myself if it wasn't better by Friday, I'd see a doctor. And, of course you know it wasn't. Friday morning I was still splotchy and blistering and oozing and now my right eye was swollen shut. So, Carlos carted me off to the doctor.
I apparently have either shingles, or adult impetigo; we'll know more when the bloodwork comes backs. I'm kind of leaning toward shingles, because shingles hurt like the aforementioned mothereffer; skin, scalp, hair, it all hurts. and the eye is still swollen.
So, with the pain, and the blistering oozing sores, and the whole one-eye thing, blogging will be taking a severe downturn until I know what this is, or my right eye suddenly decides to rejoin the left and do what it's supposed to do.
Swollen, splotchy, blistery, and ozzing with pain from Smallville.
Peace, y'all.

14 comments:

  1. Shingles is terrible! I hope you can get through it without severe pain.

    Has Carlos ever had chickenpox? Stay away from him if not -- "If an adult or child has direct contact with the shingles rash on someone and has not had chickenpox as a child or a chickenpox vaccine, they can develop chickenpox, rather than shingles."

    I have never had chickenpox myself, so I am definitely not going to visit you. Instead I'll send you some virtual chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I had shingles when I was about nine and they were no fun at all. Luckily, I only had them on my legs for some reason and I remember them taking forever to go away. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you and this is over with quickly. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:50 PM

    Oh, my goodness. I hope you get better soon. A friend of my mother's had shingles and she said it was so debilitating that she could hardly function.

    I'm sending good thoughts and fantastic energy your way so that you get better in a jiffy.

    POOF! (Are you better yet?) You will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good grief!!!!1
    hangeth there - picture yourself healthy and toasting in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bob! I feel so sorry for you. The Boy-Toy had shingles once and what a experience! He is so sick and in pain. I wish the best for you and get well friend. Maybe I can get into a drag nurse get up and come entertain you for a laugh!!! Well, that may scare the shit out of you. never mind, just get well and feel better! Hugs

    Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bob,
    I am sorry to hear of your troubles, and will continue to send healing vibes to you in Smallville.
    I have a dear friend here in Queens that has facial shingles that started one week before you said your symptoms appeared. All I can do is leave soup outside her door, as she won't let anyone in. (I'm going to call her right now).
    Thank God you have Carlos & the kids there for you. Take care of yourself and get well soon.
    wally

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - you poor thing. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hoping for impetigo instead of shingles. A friend and my mother had shingles and said it was horrible. Mother still speaks of it with horror. She also had postherpetic neuralgia which prolonged the agony for months. She was on pain pills and used patches to help, too. Hers was on her back and abdomen. Can't imagine it on your face! Sorry to be so gloomy, but it's miserable. Keep us posted. I got the shingles vaccine after what Mother went through. Hope you've been googling this, so you'll know what to do and so Carlos won't get it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you see this? It was in a shingles article. "Herpes zoster ophthalmicus is a rash on the forehead, cheek, nose, and around one eye, which could threaten your sight. You should seek prompt treatment from an ophthalmologist for this condition. Treatment may include rest, cool compresses, and antiviral medicines."

    ReplyDelete
  10. God, I’m gettin outta here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn Bob I quit reading your blog for a few months to get my #9 better and past her tit cancer and you spiral down too?
    Good Grief get a hold of yourself!!
    :-)
    Well, hopefully this will all fix itself and you will back to your old self in no time.
    Fingers crossed here in Vegas.
    Tugboat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bob, that is awful. Here's hoping you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG - I'm so sorry to read this! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......