Saturday, January 06, 2024

Why Is It ...

… that the people who were enraged when the government suggested wearing masks to prevent the spread of a deadly disease are fine with the government telling women they have to take a pregnancy test to travel between two states?

… that during work meetings, when someone asks me to elaborate, I always say, “No, I can’t. I forgot what I just said.”

… that whenever I hear about the government putting chips into people, I automatically wonder if I’ll get Doritos or Ruffles?

 … that the people who say the world is flat, have never gone to the edge and taken pictures?

… that I act like I don’t care when deep don’t I really don’t care?

… that the only narcissist I have room for in my life, are my cats? Ha! Y’all thought I was talking about me!

… that when I get the “Password is weak” message, I say, “So is my memory, please let me keep it”?

… that no one understands the childhood trauma it took to be this funny?

… that I don’t have a Welcome mat at my front door? Cuz I’m not a liar.

… that is you ever need me, I’m just three missed calls, and 2 unread text messages away?

… that I bring the razzle dazzle to people’s lives whether they want it or not?

28 comments:

  1. Do you write these down as you think of them, or can you come up with this many in a single session?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I have to write them down as i hear them in my head or as people say them to me, and then save them!

      Delete
  2. I do like that razzle dazzle bit, I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gift, I don't own it!

      Delete
  3. Perhaps the flat earthers are afraid that if they get too close to the edge they'll fall off! They belong on Discworld.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes wish they would.

      Delete
  4. As usual you hit close to home. (And oh yes the password is weak.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get worried about passwords because I have one VERY strong one and the rest are like abc123.

      Delete
  5. I have to write my weak passwords down because I can never remember them. But I won't tell you where I hide the list and I hope I don't forget where it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell that to Carlos because he never remembers a password!

      Delete
  6. Cleora Borealis10:23 AM

    I guarantee flat-Earthers don't have cats. They would know their cats woulda knocked everything off the edge centuries ago! 😼

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Saturday "Why is it ..." column! It always makes me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love a good laugh!

      Delete
  8. Anonymous10:45 AM

    the dog's mother
    Lots of chortles!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the chortles, too!
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Passwords are the bane of my existence. And now so many of the sites require two step verification. At least they send that to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two-step is overkill ... unless and until someone hacks me!

      Delete
  10. "that the people who were enraged when the government suggested wearing masks to prevent the spread of a deadly disease are fine with the government telling women they have to take a pregnancy test to travel between two states" Here Here! Meanwhile This abortion things is now completely out of control!!!!!!

    And I too wonder why none of those stupid idiots have taken a picture at the edge of the planet yet. Still waitin"..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You answered your question with "stupid idiots"!

      Delete
  11. As always, brilliant and so funny... Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We get closer all the time to living in The Handmaid's Tale. Haven't any of those the government puts chips in people ever seen a chip put in a dog? For a dog the size of Franklin or Princess, those chips are pretty big. A chip couldn't be injected in a human being along with vaccines or however else it's supposed to be done without the person actually seeing the chip. Why doesn't anyone take a picture of the chip with their phone?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your questions assume the "chip" people are sane ... or even smart.
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. Is this true? Women have to take a pregnancy test to travel between states?
    That's outrageous!! The most horrible thing I've read all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, some states that are pushing their extreme anti-abortion agenda want to make sure pregnant women are not leaving their state to go to a Women's Right To Choose state.

      Delete
  14. Hey, if you don't believe the world is flat you need to watch The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! That'll teach ya!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......