Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Architecture Wednesday: Tribeca Loft

This recently renovated 3,735 square foot, full-floor loft—currently the home of Today Show host Savannah Guthrie—features four bedrooms, three-and-a-half bathrooms, glass-walled dining room, chef’s kitchen and breakfast, a home office and ten-foot ceilings.

The elevator opens directly into the foyer which leads to a great room with 50 feet of linear frontage of south-facing windows, is ideal for entertaining as the room is divided into three separate areas, one with a custom marble and white oak bar; other features in the great room include a wall of custom oak millwork, concrete ceilings and a stunning steel and glass wall with doors that lead to a large formal dining room with an antiqued mirror and cerused oak backdrop.

Off the dining room is the chef’s kitchen with custom floor-to-ceiling cabinetry, a honed black Saint Laurent marble center island and a full suite of Gaggenau appliances including a wine refrigerator, a vented range hood and a casual dining area with additional cabinet storage.

The primary suite boasts a fireplace and massive, dressing room with more custom oak millwork and a wall of antiqued mirror closets; just beyond is a five-piece bathroom with Carrera marble and bluestone finishes, a deep soaking tub beneath a flatscreen television, separate shower, double vanity with storage. Off the primary suite is the home office with built-in desk and a Murphy bed behind custom millwork panels, giving this room the ability to also function as an additional guest bedroom. The second and third bedrooms share a Jack-and-Jill bathroom clad with a double vanity, while the fourth bedroom has an en suite bathroom of its own.

Other high-end upgrades and features include hand painted wall murals, Austrian white oak flooring, collectible light fixtures, and luxurious drapery throughout; there’s a proper laundry room with abundant extra storage, a high-tech AV system with in-wall and in-ceiling speakers and a private 62 square foot storage unit.

I shouldn’t quibble, because this is lovely and spacious and chic, but one one think that for 7 million, even in New York City, you could get a little outdoor space, btu there’s not even a wee Juliet balcony in the whole place.

Huh, I guess I can quibble.

Click to emBIGGERate …

20 comments:

  1. That busy ceiling would bother me. I like the smooth ceilings more.
    I guess I can quibble too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quibbling is always welcome. The ceilings don't bother me because I love the urban loft look and the texture of them.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Ellen, that ceiling would need to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind it but some of the wall colors offend me.

      Delete
  3. I like the space, and I actually like the grooved ceiling, too. Kind of a weird layout, though.

    When I first went to NYC in the '90s, Tribeca was a wreck. How things have changed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the bedrooms at one end of the house and the public spaces at the other, and the fact that it flows in an almost circular way.

      Delete
  4. Tribeca?
    Wasn't that a dump in lower Manhattan? I imagine all of Manhattan is now gentrified. And this is a fantastic home. Love the super high ceilings! That -and some cool imperfections- come with loft living. I imagine it was some kind of warehouse in some other life, no?
    I, for once, find the color scheme a little too sedated. Who knew, right?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a fan of the pinks at all, in the bedroom or the dustier version in the kitchen.
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Now this .. this is me. What gets me about this is all the different mixture of textures cements and wood tones. The kitchen is gorgeous, and that ceiling in the dining room is absolutely stunning. And I also love that wall in the master bedroom behind the bed. I don't know if it's wall treatment or cement but it is sharp. I like a place that plays with lots of texture. And what's not to like about all those windows? I've also long loved the use of glass walls to separate rooms instead of actual plaster walls. That's thinking outside the box while still creating a barrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the ceilings, too, and love the glass walls between some rooms.
      But I need a terrace!!!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:50 AM

    the dog's mother
    I'm sure it is enjoyable
    but I need greenery outside!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you!
      A nice big terrace??
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I could work with this. What is old is new again. I have never been a beige girl but I can inject a little color to the space and I would be fine. I always love an elevator that opens up into the space. Was brainstorming about the Jack and Jill bathroom situation. How about we tweak it. I once lived in a townhouse with my brother and we shared a bathroom BUT the sink portion was in our bedrooms. Worked out great. With the money being spent how about we put a sink and a toilet in each room and have a shared shower/bath. The primary bedroom space is huge. I could live in there an never come out. Hell, I would find space for a coffee bar and a little dorm/collage fridge and call it a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I'd ask is for some outdoor space.

      Delete
  8. It's not what I would choose but even I can see it's lovely! But no sitting on the back terrace in the sun???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a No from me ... I want a terrace!!!!!!

      Delete
  9. I’m surprised this one leaves me wanting. I expected to fall in love. What a space to have to work with. And I agree. Nearly 4000 sf and not a single balcony. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda like the urban rustic quality but the lack of a terrace really chaps my hide.

      Delete
  10. Leaves me cold, and it is the interior finish choices. I could make the layout work, but I would want to gut the interior and start over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could live with changing the kitchen and those kids rooms.

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......