Thursday, November 17, 2022

Bobservations

One night, after my father had come home and I had returned home, Carlos and I were sitting in the living room chatting and watching TV. I had Tuxedo asleep on my lap and then phone rang my father’s number appeared on the screen.

“It’s my Dad.”

I started to stand but my foot had fallen asleep so I was banging it on the floor and scaring the crap out of Tuxedo.

“Get the phone, my foot’s asleep!”

Carlos heads into the kitchen but with his eyesight is moving slowly and deliberately and I am trying to walk behind him not falling over on my tingling useless foot. Luckily, he made it to the phone first and answered it, but neither one of us could stop laughing, and my poor Dad was on the other end wondering what the hell goes on in our house.

Just the usual, I thought.

All that fearmongering from the GOP disappears as soon as the election is over, shoved back into the Do Nothing About It Closet until the next election

Since Thing 45 and his pet candidates were handed their asses in the Red Surge That Wasn’t, The Former Guy is keeping an eye on the GOP and anyone who turns against him … like Miss Lindsey Graham. Yes, the former lapdog of the traitor has, so far, declined to offer an endorsement for 2024, saying:

“Let’s see what he says … I’ll tell you after Georgia.”

Miss Lindsey is so desperate for Herschel Walker to win in Georgia because, and I’m just spit-balling here, she wants Herschel to sit with her in the Congressional Lunchroom. 

But back to Thing 45 ... South Dakota’s John Thune, the No. 2 Senate Republican, and Texas GOP Senator John Cornyn have both said they won’t endorse Thing 45 in a contested primary.

The tide is turning … even “Jarvanka” want no part of Thing 45 2024. Daddy spent a great deal of time during Tiffany’s weekend wedding trying to convince his daughter-wife and her eunuch husband to stand with him on stage when he announces his third consecutive run for the presidency.

Hard pass.

Hey, I know everybody has their own way of relieving stress, so sue me if you don’t like mine. It calms me down.

QAnon Kari Lake, AKA Thing 45 in a Dress, lost her bid for governor in Arizona and some members of the GOP could not be happier.

Last month QAnon Kari mockingly thanked anti-Thing 45 Representative Liz Cheney for endorsing her Democratic opponent, Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs by posting a letter to Cheney claiming she had raised a ton of money on the letter.

After the race was called for Hobbs, Liz Cheney posted the letter with her own response:

I have said I don’t like Cheney’s politics but I like me some Cheney Shade.

This happens all the time here in South Carolina … when someone invariably starts a sentence with:

"I seen …"

 I assume they won't finish that sentence with:

"… the inside of a book.”

Just sayin’.

Over the course of the Oath Keepers seditious conspiracy trial, attorneys for Thomas Caldwell, one of the group’s oldest members, have tried to recast him as an elderly bystander to the insurrection. In fact Caldwell’s wife told a jury her husband wasn’t wearing body armor that day unless …

“If you’re talking about ‘Depends,’ that’s what he was wearing.”

Prosecutors say Caldwell contributed to the attack as a member of the Oath Keepers’ so-called quick reaction force, which stashed weapons inside a Comfort Inn. Security footage from the hotel chain appears to show Caldwell carting boxes of weapons on a dolly.

Terrorists in diapers.

Nancy Pelosi is 82 and just helped lead House Democrats to an unexpectedly good midterms outcome but the media’s first question is when she’ll retire.

On the other hand, Mitch McConnell is 80 and just led Senate Republicans to a humiliating defeat and was not asked a single question about stepping aside.

Amazon SmugMaster Jeff Bezos named Dolly Parton the latest recipient of his Courage and Civility award and gave her $100 million to direct to any charities she chooses. Dolly happily accepted the cash saying:

“I’ve always said, I try to put my money where my heart is, and I will do my best to do good things with this money.”

Bezos has said he will give away half his wealth before he dies, but I say give it all away now and let the chips fall where they may.

Broderick Hunter Jr. is an American model and actor from California which is neither here nor there. Would You Hit It?

34 comments:

  1. Dang blogger published before I finished commenting. But as I was saying, at least that Oath Keeper Caldwell was prepared should he sh!t his pants during the fray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just makes them look less tough and dangerous and more feeble and incontinent!

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha, the Red Wave Ketchup Smear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that's a real thing!

      Delete
  3. LMAOOO
    Oh, I can relate to the foot banging. I can also relate to your stress balls. I've wanted to get me some of those you like to take to the office. But he's been always busy.
    Also, I'd de-stress with Mr. Hunter Jr. but that would imply more than the balls. And Liz Cheney being uber shady???? Oh, I live!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do carry stress balls with me at all times and have an extra set waiting at home for an especially trying day!
      Liz owned QAnon Kari!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    Whilst T_____ was making his announcement
    I flipped thru the news channels. CNN cut away
    to their folks reactions, MSNBC was running
    commercials and only Fox was still running his
    blathering.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Fox. They'll never learn.
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I’m picturing myself trying to get around San Geraldo as I run for the phone. We live in parallel universes. That ketchup smear looks even worse with that Shitstain. I’d even play basketball with Broderick... but only one on one. I have similar anti-stress balls. I’m playing with mine right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That phone escapade was too funny, and I needed a minute to stop laughing before I could talk to my Dad.
      One on one with Broderick is the only way to go ... and imagine the tress ball action!

      Delete
  6. I did love Liz Cheney's retort to Kari Lake. I'm impressed you moved fast enough (despite everything) to get your dad's call! To be fair, Nancy Pelosi probably SHOULD retire, along with numerous other senior members of the house and Senate leadership. I'm not a fan of term limits but some of them do tend to hang on too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos and I were in hysterics at that call because he's maneuvering semi-blind and I'm limping and trying not to tip over!
      I do think Nancy should retire, but Mitch should go first because has bigger balls than he's ever had. I'd like to see some young blood in office.

      Delete
  7. So glad to have you back. I'm trying to get reacclimated myself since being away.

    And don't get me started on stress balls. When I was with the ex-boy toy every night he used to roll my balls around in his hands, and said it helped to relax him. All I did was make me horny, and then he didn't get any sleep!

    And Tuxedo makes a great point funny how politicians run on campaign promises, topics to make us fear, and everything's a big issue during election and to get votes. Then once in office how quickly administrations forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos and I were able to get away to Asheville for a couple of days after I came home, and I still don't go back to work until next Monday.
      I like a hefty pair of stress balls!
      And the GOP trots out borders and caravans every election and then puts them away after.

      Delete
  8. Decided to tune out anything former 45 has to say, just let me know when he's in prison or dead. As for the House going R, it does worry me some. I want to comment about stress...but that would be TMI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't listen to him either.
      I do think, that as Thing 45s hold loosens on the GOP, some in the party may look to work with Biden and the Dems given that the GOP has no real plan.

      Delete
  9. If Jeff Bezos is so keen on doing the right thing, why doesn't he pay his staff well? Then there should be a company pension scheme for all workers as well as health insurance for all of those unfortunate to be employed by Amazon. Then, and only then, should he start thinking about who else to help with the money he's garnered in part with ripping off hs employees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bezos could do so much more; but this is just for show.

      Delete
  10. Welcome home, sweetie! I missed you. How's your dad? Yeah, I'd hit it and I'd play ball(s) with him. Lindsey changes his mind every 2 minutes. He pretended to be upset about the insurrection and then hopped on the plane with trump to visit the incomplete border wall that was not paid for by Mexico. Interesting how no one asks Mitch about retirement. He and Lindsey, age 67, need to walk toward the setting sun together. Toddlers in diapers are the usual terrorists. Now it's old men. I say Jeff, and the Walton family, need to give a lot of money now to the people who work for them. All of the people who work for Amazon and Wal-Mart could easily have enough money to live and have health insurance. I didn't watch trump's announcement. I was highly amused by the accounts of people trying to leave and being forced to stay by security.

    Love,
    Janie

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad's doing very well, sounding very good and getting back to his routines.
      I wish SC would vote Miss Lindsey out of office. Don't they see her as the lying pandering fool?
      Eat the rich.
      I cannot listen to Thing 45 speak; never have been able to stomach it.
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. I'm very grateful Kari Lake will remain unemployed

    But Donald Trump may need a fluffer on Epstein Island

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to think of Kari as Thing 45's fluffer because she's as big a pig as he.

      Delete
  12. We readers are now settled as you get back into the rhythm.

    A few quick ones:

    *We love your idea of stress balls. It's been so long I wouldn't know what to do. Give me time and it will come to me.

    *Tuxedo and I are simpatico in his observations.

    *Not so fast Jeff. We know Dolly will take his blood money. She's no fool. But Jeff has to pay his fair share of taxes WITHOUT loopholes and ensure that his workers have a LIVING wages to include healthcare and other benefits that make them whole. If any employee is on government assistance go back to the drawing board. He thinks he all that and a bag of chips for giving Dolly $100 million which is penitence for him. And I have not forgotten that bridge he is going to dismantle to get his super yacht through and a new 27,00 square feet spread in DC worth 23 million, a former textile museum, racked up $16,000 in parking tickets during construction, and has 25 bathrooms. Yes, I am looking at you Jeff.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need Jeff to put all of his money where his mouth is ... give all of it away except maybe $100M and live only on that.

      Delete
  13. aussieguy6:01 PM

    I snorted when I saw Liz' "reply" to Lake-luster. Thank god She won't be AZ's guvnor. I, too, only want to see the orange moron's obit -- I read that even Fox turned away from it, saying they would cover anything important coming up...but of course, all were praising the asshole. They'll all roast in hell together...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz shade is good shade, and Fox will come back around to Thing 45 because that's what Hannity and Prro want.

      Delete
  14. Did you really ask if Republicans can govern? 😎😎😎 Do you really want an answer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think SOME can, if they can step out of their fear of Thing 45, which may be happening ...

      Delete
  15. I like that last one. And re: Broderick Hunter Jr. - I must ask, is there a Broderick Hunter Sr.? I tend to like only original issues. So glad you're back, dear. Missed you. And glad you're home. I love hearing about you and Carlos sitting around being lovely. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about Senior, but now that you mention it ....
      Glad to be home, too.
      xoxo

      Delete
  16. Nice to learn that your time away in Oregon with your poorly father has not quietened your exasperation with the politics of the American right. I thought Kari Lake was a large pond in the suburbs of Nairobi, Kenya - now used as a waste disposal site and general dumping place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not wrong about Kari Lake ...

      Delete
  17. Glad to have you back, to give us glimpses of what happens in your world,

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......