Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Keith Olbermann On Health Care Hold Up


"We do not need to call the Democrats holding this up Blue Dogs. That one word, Dogs, is perfectly sufficient...I warn you all. You were not elected to create a Democratic majority. You were elected to restore this country. You were not elected to serve the corporations and trusts who the government has enabled for these last eight years. You were elected to serve the people. And if you fail to pass or support this legislation, the full wrath of the progressive and the moderate movements in this country will come down on your heads...If you will behave as if you are Republicans, the prostitutes of our system, you will be judged as such. And you will lose not merely our respect, you will lose your jobs."

3 comments:

  1. I saw this last night. Great comment by Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:52 AM

    I can see a viable third party arising from this.

    Personally I'd like to see the system they have in Italy. So many parties that you really have to build a coalition to get things done. Makes it harder to buy off government officials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still on the fence as to what sort of government is better - ours (Canada) that can go to the polls almost anytime. Because we have too many parties making it impossible to maintain a majority government. Of course every time we have an election the same crappy party maintains the power so we are always back where we started.
    Then I look at the two year election and all the money and time spent in the states and it boggles my mind.
    I just want everyone to be happy - I know I am a sap.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......