Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Carlos. Sick. Bob. Sickened.


Carlos decided on Sunday, after we cleaned house top to bottom, wall-to-wall, side-to-side, to take a shower. But then, fresh from the shower, he decides to take Ozzo The Pocket Dog for a walk.

It's cold out. Carlos doesn't dry his hair.

The next morning he complains he doesn't feel well. But, like a good soldier, he goes off to work. Then he calls home at around 2 PM to say that he's coming home because he's sick.

Me, the ever-loving spouse, says, No, stay at work until 5.

He asks, Why?

Because I want the house to myself.

Okay, so I am not really Mr. Insensitive. And he says he's on his way home. He says he wants to sleep. He says he wants soup.

I got the stuff out to make a pizza, I say.

No soupy for me?

Sigh. He comes home. I make him got to bed. He hacks. He sneezes. He coughs. The guilt sets in, and I put all the pizza fixin's away, and get out some chicken to make him the soup. I dice and saute and spice and simmer all kinds of garlic and chicken and carrots/celery/onions/poblanos and curry and ginger and turmeric and curry for a nice hot spicy soup. I make rice to add to the soup. I tiptoe down the hall to the bedroom, and I see he's awake.

Soup is almost ready.

I wanted pizza.

Why God Why!!

Side note: after dinner he heads back to bed. i go check on him, and tell him that there's NyQuil in the bathroom. He says he has some Robby Two-sin.

Robby? Oooooooooooooh! Robitussin.

Luuuuuuuuuucy!

5 comments:

  1. Just got to love a sexy accent on a sick gay man, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup sounds so good! So do you! You cook, you clean, you shop, you are funny, and you write well. Carlos is a lucky guy! Robby Two-sin! Hilarious!

    I'm thinking I need to find a housemate like you. (but who is gone a lot - I like my alone time, too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can whip up a good soup on shirt notice, if called for.

    Thanks for the boatload of compliments. I'm going to be impossible to live with when Carlos gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Progresso is great. I admit yours sounds a whole lot better. Carlos sure has your buttons right in order, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so cute!

    BTW - do you work at home? How come you were at home when he called?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......