Friday, April 21, 2017

I Didn't Say It ...

Luke Evans, on how being openly gay hasn’t hurt him as an actor—he’s been out for fifteen years:

"Talent, success, what you do in your personal life—I don’t see how one should have an effect on the other. ...  I don’t think I’d be in this business if I felt that I was not being employed because of who I am in my personal life, [but] I try to keep my personal life and my private life separate, not for any reason other than there’s a clue in the title—it’s private. As an actor you have to keep some sort of enigma and mystery. There’s a dignity to keeping private. I’m trying to keep a bit of dignity to my private life and to protect the people in my life. It’s the choice I’ve made. I don’t blast it from the rooftops because I’m a very private person. And it doesn’t affect anything. But it’s life. This is who I am as Luke.”

I completely agree, though, yeah, coming out is important; saying ‘I’m gay’ is a huge thing, if only because it may help others come out, too.
But after that, whatever you choose to keep private is yours to keep private.
PS Luke is hot.
Jim Sensenbrenner, Wisconsin Republican Congressman, at a town hall meeting, defending his decision to vote to repeal the Broadband Consumer Privacy Rules:

“You know, nobody’s got to use the internet. I don’t think it’s my job to tell you that you cannot get advertising through your information being sold. My job, I think, is to tell you that you have the opportunity to do it and then you take it upon yourself to make the choice.”

I’d like Sensenbrenner to be one of the first Republicans to have his information sold since he doesn’t think anyone deserves privacy.
But I’m also sacred about what his history may show because, you know, Republican.
Prince Harry, opening up about how he "shut down" when his mother, Princess Diana died:

“It was 20 years of not thinking about it and two years of total chaos ... My way of dealing with it was sticking my head in the sand, refusing to ever think about my mum, because why would that help? [I thought] it’s only going to make you sad, it’s not going to bring her back. So from an emotional side, I was like ‘right, don’t ever let your emotions be part of anything.’ So I was a typical 20, 25, 28-year-old running around going ‘life is great’, or ‘life is fine’ and that was exactly it. And then [I] started to have a few conversations and actually all of a sudden, all of this grief that I have never processed started to come to the forefront and I was like, there is actually a lot of stuff here that I need to deal with. I’ve now been able to take my work seriously, been able to take my private life seriously as well, and been able to put blood, sweat and tears into the things that really make a difference and things that I think will make a difference to everybody else.”

Grief is grief, whether your loss is more public, and world famous, than others. And I think it’s a great thing that prince Harry talked about this because there’s such a stigma on  grieving—when and for how long—and seeking help to deal with that grief.
PS Prince Harry is hot.
Markwayne Mullin, Oklahoma Republican Congressman, responding to a town hall statement that Oklahomans pay his salary and he, therefore, works for them:

“You said you pay for me to do this? Bull crap, I paid for myself. I paid enough taxes before I ever got here and continue to through my company to pay my own salary. This is a service. No one here pays me to do it. I do it as an honor and a service. I’m just saying, this is a service for me, not a career, and I thank God this isn’t how I make a living.”

He has no idea how this works. He literally thinks because he paid taxes before he got into office, then he’s paying his own salary now.
When one constituent demanded Mullin “give up the $174,000 [salary] then,” Mullin said he has paid back his salary before. Oddly enough, though, no one can prove that this is the truth.
Again ... Republican.
Oklahoma? Can’t you do better than asshats like this?
Jake Tapper, CNN news anchor, in response to _____’s hypocritical “Buy American, Hire American” executive order:

“The president just signed an order to ‘buy American’ ... so wait, does that mean he wants me to stop buying Trump products? ‘It’s time,’ the president said today, repeatedly assailing cheap subsidized and low-quality foreign goods. It’s an important issue. It’s one I asked then-candidate _____ about in June 2015 because of course, many _____ corporation products are not made in the U.S. Far from it. [And] as for hiring American, a CNN review found that the president as a corporate head has hired more than 1300 foreign guest workers to work at his various businesses here in the U.S., including requesting 78 visas to staff his two Florida properties for this year.”

I cannot fathom how his supporters have no issue with this; the man says America first but has his goods, and his Demon Spawn’s goods, made oversees; he says ‘Hire American’ and yet he asks for special concessions to hire foreign workers at his properties.
How do you people not get this?

6 comments:

  1. HOMEBOY JAKE!

    prince harry: yassssssss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in England the spring before the royal wedding. Charles and Diana stuff everywhere, including tea towels. When we got back I got up at 2am so I could watch it live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed you don't think Markwayne Mullin is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MM
    He might have been but stupid is kinda ugly to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't suppose Princess Diana's two sons were helped by the need to keep a stiff upper lip. Their father's childhood was exceeding odd (he had to bow goodnight to his mother and call her your majesty amongst other oddities) so his mental health can hardly be much of a guideline to two young boys grieving the loss of the parent they saw most of and who loved them unreservedly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:46 AM

    I like your taste in hotness.
    JP

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......