Saturday, July 11, 2026

Why Is It ...

… that I realized I may have a drinking problem because the other day over breakfast Carlos asked me to toast some bread for him and I raised my martini and said, “Here’s to bread!”

… that everything nowadays is so expensive ... even dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.

… that I can't help but laugh at those little teenagers walking into school with their iced coffees. My generation took vodka to school in water bottles, rookies!

… that gas is so high that the mailman is working from home; he calls me and reads my bills to me.

… that the next time you’re down about life put it all in perspective. I have a friend that has sex 2 to 3 times a day, exercises twice a day, reads two books a week, and yet every day he complains how much he hates prison.

… that when something needs to be said and no one wants to say, I’m already over here clearing my throat. Don’t worry, I got this.

… that when I was eating chicken a vegan walked up to me and said, “What you’re eating had a family,” and I replied, “That’s why I ordered the family bucket. No one gets left behind.”

… that when people tell me swearing isn’t necessary I always shout, "I know it fucking isn't! I’m vulgar not stupid."

… that I don’t think I drink too much coffee but I do believe my body will keep moving up to forty-eight hours after my death.

… that my tastes have always been vanilla, more mild than wild. But I'm super into B&D now. Block and Delete.

21 comments:

  1. Family buckets are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "… that when people tell me swearing isn’t necessary I always shout, "I know it fucking isn't! I’m vulgar not stupid." " Well, I laughed at loud at that one in spite of my sophistication and polished manners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:06 AM

    the dog's mother
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Family bucket' - cruel but funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm vulgar, not stupid!" covers so many of adult life's challenges.

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's raise a leg in celebration of the family bucket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bucket'o'Family! 🍻🥂🍻

      Delete
  7. No one gets left behind. AHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Should I try a martini for breakfast? Maybe an espresso martini.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are my Saturday Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If my book reading got interrupted by all that I'd be resenting prison too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ”...that when people tell me swearing isn’t necessary I always shout, "I know it fucking isn't! I’m vulgar not stupid." I fucking love this one.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......