Friday, October 11, 2019

I Didn't Say It ...


Bernie Sanders, changing his mind about scaling back campaign after heart attack:

“I misspoke the other day. I said a word I should not have said and media drives me a little bit nuts to make a big deal about it. We’re going to get back into the groove of a very vigorous campaign, I love doing rallies and I love doing town meetings.”

It sounds like Bernie realized that people think he’s too old for office.
Fact is, we know he’s too old.
Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, on Elizabeth Warren’s call for Facebook and other large tech companies to be broken up into smaller companies:

“You have someone like Elizabeth Warren who thinks that the right answer is to break up the companies … If she gets elected president, then I would bet that we will have a legal challenge — and I would bet that we will win the legal challenge. And does that still suck for us? Yeah. I mean, I don’t want to have a major lawsuit against our own government. But look, at the end of the day, if someone’s going to try to threaten something that existential, you go to the mat and you fight.”

Be clear, Zuckerberg, you’re fighting for your coins, not any kind of freedom.
Mark Ruffalo, on Ellen and her new BFF, George W Bush:

Sorry, until George W. Bush is brought to justice for the crimes of the Iraq War, (including American-lead torture, Iraqi deaths & displacement, and the deep scars—emotional & otherwise—inflicted on our military that served his folly), we can’t even begin to talk about kindness.”

I’m kinda falling on Mark’s side. W did a lot of nasty things, and wasn’t just an anti-LGBTQ bigot who has yet to apologize for that, or the war crimes.
Rudy Giuliani, on Fox’s Laura Ingraham’s cavalcade of crazy this week, ranting about his master:

“Of course due process is necessary. Basic fairness. The American people, when they think about this are going to be totally outraged. They actually want to impeach him on the testimony of hidden witnesses who are behind a curtain, we don’t know who they are. I went back to read two books about the Salem witch trials.  They required witnesses to face the witch and some witches were acquitted — it’s ridiculous. You have to go back before the Magna Carta, the only place I think where we had trials like this is in the Soviet Union. That’s what the Democrats are trying to do. Remember how the president used to call this a witch hunt? This is now worse than a witch hunt. The witches had it better, in other words. They had more rights.”

Take a seat crazy, and let the meds kick in. Russia is suing your boss, and you, as an operative and traitor to your country, so spare us your indignation.
If you have nothing to hide, why you hiding?
Elton John, dishing on how Queen Elizabeth once slapped her nephew, Viscount Linley, when the young man wouldn’t watch his sister:

“When he [Linley] repeatedly tried to fob her off, the Queen lightly slapped him across the face, saying ‘Don’t’ – slap – ‘argue’ – slap – ‘with’ – slap – ‘me’ – slap – ‘I’ – slap – ‘am’ – slap – ‘THE QUEEN!'”

Elton says Linley then followed the Queen’s instructions.
Well, when you’ve been queen-slapped you have no other option!
Jacob Frey, Minneapolis mayor, smacking back at _____ for his attacks on the mayor:

“I’m not one that gets overly excited about Twitter back-and-forth. I wake up every single morning with not a lot of time on my hands because I’m doing things like filling potholes and making sure our city has enough affordable housing. I don’t have time with a city of 430,000 people to be tweeting garbage out, so it’s kind of surprising when the president of the United States, a country with 327 million people, has the time to do this himself, so I don’t know where the guy gets the time.”

Cuz he’s unhinged and not doing his job which is why … impeachment.
PS Mayor Jake is kinda cute.
Lizzo, singer, on loving yourself:

“I take self-love very seriously. And I take it seriously because when I was younger, I wanted to change everything about myself. I didn’t love who I was. And the reason I didn’t love who I was is because I was told I wasn’t lovable by the media, by [people at] school, by not seeing myself in beauty ads, by not seeing myself in television…by lack of representation. My self-hatred got so bad that I was fantasizing about being other people. But you can’t live your life trying to be somebody else. What’s the point?”

As Mama Ru so wisely says, ‘If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?’
Word.

10 comments:

  1. How come that ghastly creep Zuck keep meeting up with the Pervert-in-Chief if he's so liberal? Answer - because he's a bloatocrat

    And why oh why does Facebook only pay .62% in tax in UK? It's outrageous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m there with Lizzo, that’s why I think representation is so important.
    Fuck Zuckerberg. Fuck Facebook. If someone is on Facebook, they are part of the problem.
    Jacob Frey and Mark Ruffalo: I hear you.
    The Queen anecdote is PRICELESS.
    And Rudy. Oh Rudy. I’m waiting for Cheeto tho do the ‘I don’t know her Mariah gif’ with him. Oh how will I enjoy it.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Lizzo. Love Jacob and he hit the nail on the head. And Zuckerberg....the reason I'm not on Facebook. I dont want to line his pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook - occasional posts from children
    so it is worth it to me but no posts for
    a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Mark Ruffalo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bernie, zuck, and rudy need to siddown and STFU. permanently.

    and yes, the mayor of MSP IS adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bernie's should accept reality.

    Mark (the ginger haired snotty-nosed kid) is a pig.

    Mark (who's a pretty damn good hulk) knows how to hit the nail on the head.

    The second Rudy realizes his tailor makes orange jumpsuits he's going to flip because he's old and doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in jail.

    Elton is truly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To no one's surprise, I'm going to be shallow here. Mark Ruffalo is one sexy molly whopper! That voice alone is enough to get me going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Helen
    Zuckerberg plays himself like the everyman but he's more every man for himself.

    @Sixpence
    i kinda wanna get Queen-slapped now.

    @MM
    Mayor Jake, as I have dubbed him, is a man on the move.

    @TDM
    That's what I use it for, too.

    @Debra
    Aren't we all?Or we should be ...

    @AM
    Hey! I saw him first!!

    @Dave
    Elton loves his snark, almost as much as I love mine.

    @Deedles
    I love the Shallow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Ms. Warren her goose is cooked. Z will use all of FB to destroy her.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......