Monday, March 04, 2019

Michael Neri Shuts Down Homophobic Mom Who Pulled Her Kids From His Class

Michael Neri is a drama teacher who runs the runs Talking Props Theatre School, a performing arts school for children ages 8 to 13, in Kidderminster, England. But here was no drama in his response to a mother who pulled her two children from his school after learning that Neri is :::gasp::: a homosexual!

The unnamed mother texted Neri:
“Hi Michael.
Following our chat this week, I have decided that ____ and ____ will not be attending class on Monday.
You have a strong reputation for performing arts which encouraged me to sign my children up for classes. I have recently learned of your lifestyle and as a Christian I cannot allow my children to be influenced by unconventional ideas. It is our belief that a man should marry a woman. I look forward to receiving my deposit which can be posted to me via checque.
Regards _____”
And Michael Neri responded:
“Hi _____,
I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed to hear this. I pride my students on the love and respect they have for others and their passion for equality. You would only be infringing upon our family.
As far as I’m aware, my sexuality doesn’t affect my ability to teach, just like it wouldn’t affect a doctor’s ability to treat one of your children should they become unwell. I’m sure your children’s health would come first, should they need emergency treatment, or would you need to check their doctor’s lifestyle prior to their life-saving operation?
I wish you luck in finding an appropriate stage school that meets your needs, however from my experience I find that theatre without gays is like cooking without spices (just my opinion).
I hear StageCoach are enrolling but their teachers have been known to wear mixed fabrics  which I’m sure you are aware is forbidden in the bible (Leviticus 19:19).
Please feel free to come see our Musical ‘Happy Days’, confetti will be used in the finale but please rest assured that this is not an attempt to corrupt your Christian lifestyle.
We just love glitter.
Unfortunately, deposits are non-refundable but don’t worry, your deposit has been donated to Stonewall, an LGBT charity.
Regards, Michael”
I just hope they donated in the bigot’s name … and put confetti in the envelope.

10 comments:

  1. See, people can bejust as stupid and bigoted on this side of the pond! What a great take-down.

    As an item I am sure you don't care to know; Stagecoach was set up by my ex-next door neighbour's brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice inoffensive way to tell someone to eat crap and die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her Hi and regards, as if it was just a random text. It's a wonder she didn't add "have a nice day".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, the performing arts teacher is gay? No wonder that "lady" was shocked! Wait till she finds out who designed every article of clothing she owns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Cooking without spices!" chortle :-)

    I've tutored lots of kids and the district
    never asked me any religious questions. Since
    I believe in same sex marriage - GASP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so why do they always rely on religion as a way of legitimizing their bigotry?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Auntie Mame. When she told her anti-Semitic soon-to-be in-laws that she gave a donation to the Home for Jewish Children to be built near their estate (as best I remember the film), it set the pattern for this kind of put-down. Good job, Michael. Too bad for this mom's kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for him! That bigoted cow and her spawn have no place in civilized environments.
    One thing tho. It’s not LIFESTYLE. it’s a life.
    I’ll get off my soapbox now.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahahahaha, yes, donate in her name so she'll get the charitable tax receipt. I wonder if her Christian principles would prevent her from claiming it on her income taxes?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......