Friday, January 24, 2020

I Didn't Say It ...


Prince Harry, on Sussexit:

“…I must say that I can only imagine what you may have heard or perhaps read over the past few weeks. So I want you to hear the truth from me, as much as I can share, not as a duke or prince but as Harry, the same person that many of you have perhaps watched grow up over the last 35 years but now with a clearer perspective … The U.K. is my home and a place that I love. That will never change. I’ve grown up feeling supported by so many of you and I’ve watched as you welcomed Meghan with open arms as you saw me find the love and happiness that I’d hoped for all my life … I also know that you’ve come to know me well enough over all these years to trust that the woman I chose as my wife upholds the same values as I do. And she does. And she’s the same woman I fell in love with. We both do everything we can to fly the flag and carry out our roles for this country with pride … Once Meghan and I were married, we were excited. We were hopeful and we were here to serve. For those reasons, it brings me great sadness that it has come to this. The decision I have made for my wife and I to step back is not one I made lightly … It was so many months of talks after so many years of challenges and I know I haven’t always gotten it right but as far as this goes there really was no other option. What I want to make clear is, we’re not walking away. I hope that helps you understand what it had to come to, that I would step my family back from all I have ever known, to stake a step forward into what I hope can be a more peaceful life. I will always have the utmost respect for my grandmother, my commander in chief, and I am incredibly grateful to her and the rest of my family for the support they have shown Meghan and I over the last few months … I will continue to be the same man who holds his country dear and dedicates his life to supporting the causes, charities and military communities that are so important to me.”

This is a man who watched his mother tortured and murdered by the media, and then sees that same media go after his wife in the most vile ways. And he chooses to step away to save his wife and family from the pain his mother went through.
I say, Good job, Harry.
Kellyanne Conway, _____’s cryptkeeper, on impeachment and MLK:

“I’ve held my opinion on it for a very long time, but when you see the articles of impeachment that came out, I don’t think it was Dr. King’s vision to have Americans dragged through a process where the president is not going to be removed from office, is not being charged bribery, extortion, high crimes and misdemeanors.  I, this morning, was reading some of the lesser-known passages by Dr. King and I appreciate the fact that we as a nation respect him by giving him his own day.”

SerIously. She’s calling up MLK, a man her own boss would deem less than, to talk impeachment.
Fuck off, lapdog.
George Conway, husband of _____ cryptkeeper,  Kellyanne Conway, on _____’s lawyers:

“The depths to which _____’s lawyers will go to make these deceptive arguments. I mean they’re treating the American public, they’re treating the Senate, like they’re morons. It’s just outrageous. I’m deeply saddened. It’s very upsetting. And this is a moment I think of reckoning. Not just for the country and for the rule of law and for the Constitution. It’s a very specific day of reckoning for the Republican senators who took this oath, and the Republican Party generally. Are they going to stand for lies instead of truth? Are they going to stand for gaslighting instead of reality? Are they going to just do the bidding of this one man and put his interests over those of the country? That’s what this is about.”

Too bad your wife can't, or won't see that.
Phil Bryant, GOP governor of Mississippi, on what might happen if Mississippi elects its first Black senator since reconstruction:

“I intend to work for [Cindy Hyde Smith] as if the fate of America depended on her single election. If Mike Espy and the liberal Democrats gain the Senate we will take that first step into a thousand years of darkness.”

Racist much? I mean, I know it’s Mississippi, but still.
Lindsey Graham, on ____”s mood as he faces the Senate trial:

“His mood is to go to the State of the Union with this behind him and talk about what he wants to do for the next, rest of 2020 and what he wants to do for the next four years. He is very much comfortable with the idea that this is going to turn out well for him. The one thing he talks to me constantly about is, what does the next president do after this if this is successful? He does not want to legitimatize the attack on the presidency.”

Oh ma’am, he’s not the least bit concerned about the next president or the one after that. He’s concerned about his image and his brand and his money.
Your only concern is latching onto men in power because you have none of your own.
Michael Moore, filmmaker and activist, on the New York Times endorsement of both Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar:

“We shouldn’t run one woman. We should run two women. The president and the vice president on the ticket will be two women. Let’s just double down on this. Let’s just double down. All the pundits will go, ‘oh no, you can’t do that. They’ll never get elected now.’ Oh yeah? I’ll tell you right now, every woman’s gonna vote. And every young person’s gonna vote. And anybody, anybody who’s part of any group that has had the boot on their neck for most of their lives because they belong to a particular ethnic group, a particular gender, a particular age group, everybody who knows that feeling will come out and be for that.”

I can see that happening.
And I’m down for it.

17 comments:

  1. Otis Young10:13 AM

    Lindsey Graham looks like a professional silly boy lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellyanne Conjob makes me hurl. What a disgusting c*nt. I’m petty, so It makes me happy that George is a total never trumped (I think he belongs to a group that trolls IMPOTUS constantly).
    I repeat: the Kompromat on Lindsey is HIGE.
    The whole Meghan- Harry saga is the top of the iceberg when it comes to the perils of fame and privilege when racism rears it’s ugly head.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand Harry's frustration especially now that he has a child. Also it's unfair to his family that they are under more pressure than William and Kate, the actual future king and queen. I have a huge problem however with multi millionaires asking people making minimum wage to pay for the lifestyle that they are used to. Pay your own way like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. prince harry (sigh)...just ONE NIGHT, that's all I ask...

    smellyanne cuntway can go fuck herself in the ass with a cactus. her husband should get a divorce...can you imagine lying in bed next to THAT at night? (shudder)

    phil bryant and miss lindseybelle should take turns using the same cactus after smellyanne is finished with it.

    we already have a woman president - HILLARY CLINTON, the REAL POTUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand why anyone would want to marry into the firm - on the whole they are a crowd of useless expensive wastrels - no wonder Harry and Meghan wanted out before Archie got caught up in the general mess that is the UK royal family. Just wait until the queen dies and then we will bankrupt the country paying for a state funeral and then a state coronation for a waste of space who has been salivating for the job for the past 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I notice that the Harry and Megan, have moved,
    right now, as far across Canada, as possible -
    across Vancouver Island to an island on the
    Pacific side. Good luck to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I confess I can not read let alone hear Mrs. Conway. She is beyond the pale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anne Marie- Ewwww! What did that poor innocent cactus ever do to deserve such a fate?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Otis
    You're being too kind!

    @Six
    re the Conways. YASSSSS!
    re Harry and Meghan: I made the mistake of looking at a Twitter feed of Meghan walking while holding her baby and the comments were just so vile and racist I had to run away.

    @Steven
    The things people have posted about Meghan, and her child, are disgusting. It's make anyone want to leave.

    @AM
    I WAS FIRST!!!!!!

    @Helen
    Well, y'all wanted a monarchy--or some of you at least--and you'll have one until the people rise up. Maybe you could show America how it's done because we need the help.

    @TDM
    I hopethey get some peace, though they'll never find it on social media.

    @Ur-spo
    She is a waste of air time. And air.

    @Deedles
    Perhaps AM has a cactus history?[Bob runs and hides]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, Bob, don't rile the Carebear! She can be ferocious I'm told!

    ReplyDelete
  11. RTG's late BFF grew/exhibited cactus plants in the philadelphia flower show every year. the ones that looked like dicks ALWAYS won a red ribbon. I have had NO personal experience using a cactus in a sexual manner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Deedles
    I'm feeling lucky today!

    @AM
    Another thing we have in common … No Cacti Sex Toys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Conway marriage boggles the mind, really.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go Harry, you hero!
    Someone needs to tell Phil his standup routine stinks.
    Evidently Lindsey doesn't know he's kissing the ass of a scumbag from Hell.

    Sorry, I don't like Michael Moore. He's made a decent sized fortune telling Liberals just what they want to hear, he is not a pendant, he's a propogandist.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Debra
    I know, I don't get it at all!

    @Dave
    Harry did what was best for his family. Yeah, hero.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was going to comment (unkindly perhaps but justifiably) that Kellyanne looked like one of the gargoyles on top of Notre Dame in Paris, but then I read the Phil Bryant comment and WOW, just WOW!!!! And now I have no words!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Treaders
    Phil is a pig, no doubt, but I think Kellyanne's ugly exterior is just her ugly interior oozing out.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......