Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Architecture Wednesday: Mountain Cabin


We have a friend who once owned a cabin in western North Carolina, in a town called Clyde; it was a beautiful spot and just so peaceful. The cabin was very own, made from old Hickory trees, but it had been updated a little inside so it was less cabin and more mountain home.

This place,in Sewanee, Tennessee,  looks like that house.

Peaceful, and old, and yet somehow new. I love the walls, and the rustic floor; the bookcase in the hallway; the cozy, comfy living room and the sun porch.

It was quite the getaway ….


HomeDSGN

6 comments:

  1. Not to be gross, but you got my panties wet on this one. I LOVE IT. The whole esthetic and feel of the home is so me. I have the rustic exterior and interior with chic furnishings. I'm ready to live isolated...and this is the way. You did good this week Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could live there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very nice, though I'm sure the dogs would rip the curtains off of that 4 poster bed... toys, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MM
    It really is very reminiscent of our friend's cabin, and I loved the old parts mixed with the new stuff, and the cozy comfy life.
    This is a cabin for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! Those walls!!! But let’s get it out of Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......