Friday, November 21, 2014

I Didn't Say It ....

Marc Solomon, national campaign director of Freedom To Marry, on preparing for the group to go “out of business":

"We’ve always been set up as a campaign, and we are a campaign, and when we’ve won nationwide, we’re finished. I want to see some of the really good people stick around in LGBT stuff, or in other progressive causes, but Freedom To Marry’s done."

Not just yet, mind you, but their campaign for full nationwide marriage quality is looming closer every single day.
I’d be happy to go out of business after helping to accomplish that.
Zachary Quinto, on HIV and PrEP — or Pre-exposure prophylaxis — a way for people who do not have HIV prevent infection by taking a pill every day:

"AIDS has lost the edge of horror it possessed when it swept through the world in the ’80s...Today’s generation sees it more as something to live with and something to be much less fearful of. And that comes with a sense of, dare I say, laziness ... We need to be really vigilant and open about the fact that these drugs [PrEP] are not to be taken to increase our ability to have recreational sex...There’s an incredible underlying irresponsibility to that way of thinking…and we don’t yet know enough about this vein of medication to see where it’ll take us down the line."

HIV is not a cake walk, even today with all the medications and advances being made. So why anyone would act so casually about it is being me.
Howsabout just being safe and not playing with fire?
PS: ZQ is hot.
Stephen Colbert, a South Carolina native son, on US District Judge Richard Gergel striking down the sate’s marriage ban:

"A federal judge has ruled that South Carolina must recognize gay marriage. That is outrageous! When did South Carolina start recognizing the federal government? … This is the worst thing that has happened to South Carolina since someone found Mark Sanford."

Leave it to Colbert.
Pope Francis, during his opening message to this week's Vatican marriage symposium:

"Family is an anthropological fact - a socially and culturally related fact. We cannot qualify it with concepts of an ideological nature, that are relevant only in a single moment of history, and then pass by. We can't speak today of a conservative notion of family or a progressive notion of family: Family is family! It can't be qualified by ideological notions. Family has a strength of its own. May this colloquium be an inspiration to all who seek to support and strengthen the union of man and woman in marriage as a unique, natural, fundamental and beautiful good for persons, families, communities, and whole societies."

There you have it, in his own words.
Frankie can spew all his peace and love and understanding about The Gays being welcomes in the church, as long as we don’t become equal.
Stop acting like this man is going to change the Church, because it ain’t happening.
Paul Bettany, British actor, educating a Twitter troll who attacked him with this:  “Your a faggot pussy I would beat your fucking ass if i ever see you in real life. Faggot":

"Dear Travis,
Thank you so much for your message. 
I have a few thoughts – I think you mean ‘you’re’ as in ‘you are a faggot pussy’ not ‘your’, which seems to suggest I have a faggot pussy. Also a comma after “pussy” would really help the clarity of the sentence. 
Lastly, you are mixing up your tenses “would and see” – I think you mean that you would beat my fucking ass if you ever saw me in real life or you will beat my fucking ass (why so much focus on my ass? Something you’d like to get off your chest?) if you ever see me in real life.
Sorry for all the notes but I was a little confused.
Hugs and kisses, 
Paul Bettany."

I think I just fell in love with Paul Bettany.
PS: He's hot.

3 comments:

  1. Bettany had a great response. Poor Travis is mad and embarrassed at the same time. Best possible reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an editor I was laughing and nodding throughout. This was perfect! And you're right, Bob, he is hot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just fell in love with Paul Bettany, too (and I do mean "too" as opposed to to or two.)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......