Friday, January 24, 2014

I Didn't Say It ...

Cardinal Fernando Aguilar, appointed by Pope Francis just last week, on The Gays:

"A lot of people complain and don't tolerate it but with all respect I say that homosexuality is a defective way of manifesting sexuality, because that has a structure and a purpose, which is procreation. We have a lot of defects in our bodies. I have high blood pressure. Am I going to get angry because they tell me that? It is a defect I have that I have to correct as far as I can. Pointing out a defect to a homosexual is not an offense, it is a help because many cases of homosexuality can be recovered and normalized with adequate treatment. It is not an offense, it is esteem. When someone has a defect, the good friend is the one who tells him. It is one thing to show welcome and affection to a homosexual person and another to morally justify the exercise of homosexuality.”

So, being gay is like having high blood pressure?
Then, by this bassackwards logic, does Obamacare cover The Gay?
Chris Kluwe, former Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, on if he’ll file a lawsuit if the Vikings' lawyers don't uncover any instances of homophobia or an antigay locker room environment:

“I haven't ruled out a lawsuit. I would really prefer not to have to do a lawsuit, because I loved my time on the Vikings, and I still have a lot of friends on the team and I love the organization. But if that's what it takes — if that means getting people on the stand with the threat of perjury, then something that will have to happen, because I made very serious claims, and they need to be backed up.”

I’d like to see him follow through on this, if only to show the homophobia in professional sports that makes it hard for gay athletes, and gay-friendly athletes, to come out.
David Silvester, councilor for Britain's United Kingdom Independence Party, on The Gays being responsible for the rains in the UK:

"The scriptures make it abundantly clear that a Christian nation that abandons its faith and acts contrary to the Gospel (and in naked breach of a coronation oath) will be beset by natural disasters such as storms, disease, pestilence and war. I wrote to David Cameron in April 2012 to warn him that disasters would accompany the passage of his same-sex marriage bill. But he went ahead despite a 600,000-signature petition by concerned Christians and more than half of his own parliamentary party saying that he should not do so.  It is his fault that large swathes of the nation have been afflicted by storms and floods."

Wow, we can send flooding rains to England — not to mention hurricanes to New Orleans et al — but we can’t just snap our fingers and marriage equality the law of the world?
Like most dimwits in politics Silvester gives us far too much power.
Mitt Romney, also-ran and has-been of the GOP, on the marriage battle in Utah:

"I have the same position that I’ve had when I was governor and when I ran as president. I believe marriage should be between one man and one woman. We’ll see how the courts deal with this, but that’s the position I have and will continue to have."

And will continue to have as private citizen, and flip-flopping nitwit, Romney because, let’s face it Mittsy, you’ve proven on more than one occasion that you are unelectable.
Now sit down.
L. Brooks Paterson, Michigan GOP official, in an interview about Detroit:

"Anytime I talk about Detroit, it will not be positive. Therefore, I’m called a Detroit basher. The truth hurts, you know? Tough shit. I made a prediction a long time ago, and it’s come to pass. I said, ‘What we’re gonna do is turn Detroit into an Indian reservation, where we herd all the Indians into the city, build a fence around it, and then throw in the blankets and the corn.’”

Paterson says the interviewer was out to get him, which explains why he went all racist and bigoted and, well, asshatted.
Typical GOP, walking their racism back.
Dan Patrick, Texas State Senator, on Houston Mayor Annise Parker’s marriage:

“I am not shocked that Mayor Parker decided to elope to California for a marriage that is unconstitutional in Texas. This is obviously part of a larger strategy of hers to turn Texas into California.”

Typical GOP bull shiz.
Parker wanted to get married and she went to a place where her marriage is legal. Why is it when straight people get married it's for love, and when gays folks do it, it's because they have an "agenda"?
Asshat.
Annise Parker, on the criticism by homophobe Dan Patrick:

"Dan Patrick’s running a political campaign. And he wants to make the gay community a whipping boy in that political campaign. And he thought I was an appropriate target. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. And I don’t think that’s unusual.... You don't commit 23 years of your life to someone to make a political statement...I took four days off. I had to leave my home state and make a little wedge of time to marry the woman I love. They can get over it."

Snap!
Andy Markle, openly gay Republican candidate for the Indiana House, on quitting the party after GOP speaker Brian Bosma switched the marriage equality ban bill to a new committee because it seemed doomed to fail before the House Judiciary Committee:

It deeply saddens me to see the state that I have called home for the past 8 years plunge into a debate over a minority group's civil rights. It is with a heavy heart but with a clear conscience that I announce the end of my run for Indiana State House of Representatives, District 99, as a Republican. With today's announcement by House Speaker Brian Bosma, that he is using extraordinary and unprecedented rules to change House Joint Resolution 3's committee assignment, I have no choice but to resign my candidacy as a Republican. As an openly gay male and a conservative, I find it deplorable that the state would choose to take such extraordinary measures to disenfranchise me and my fellow LGBT brothers and sisters. In an era where my party declared that it was the party of "small government" and "less intrusion", it has been confirmed that it is not the party of small government or less intrusion. I am not leaving the Republican Party; the Republican Party has left me.”

Nice stand, Andy.
And for a Republican, yet. Hopefully others will follow suit but …. It is the GOP, you know.

5 comments:

  1. The UKIP crowd are all bananas, right wing but not quite up to tea party standards (yet).UKIP is supported by those who cannot bear change, come hell or high water, and it is clearly the high water in Henley Silvester objects to. He used to be a Tory, but many UKIP people are those who are too nutty even for the Tory right wing to tolerate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're behind the Polar Vortex too aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TDM
    I'd say yes, but since our high temperature today is 29 degrees, I'm'a say NO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cardinal, your Eminence - Do tell us exactly how you and your Church manifest your own "procreative-purposed" sexuality? And, incidentally, why do you and all your brothers-in-frocks continue to talk down to us as though we ALL believed in your version of a God, if we believe in one at all? Preach to those who have total faith in your version, by all means, but otherwise please allow the rest of us the intelligence to think for ourselves!

    By the way, this UKIP clown ("floods caused by gay marriage") has been suspended by his party, anxious not to be seen as a bunch of loons - though it's still their policy to reverse equal marriage legislation and to invalidate all the marriages that will have taken place before they formed a government. (Hah!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best friend from high school, a guy, has a MAJOR boner for Mitsy. " Seriously? Even though he is a dip shit?

    And Mitt, sweetie, darling, you don't have to wait to see what the courts have to say, they HAVE made their decision.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......