Saturday, April 27, 2024

Why Is It ...

… that I think people who ask "Can I call you?" are so sweet. I mean,, obviously you can't but you're so sweet.

… that my patience is a lot like a Gift Card; you never know how much is left on it, but you can give it a try.

… that you live your life hoping to find someone who is obsessed with you and wants all of your time, and then you realize that person is your boss.

… that people who want to be my friend have to understand that I don’t want to talk every day.

… that when I walk into work and my boss says, “You’re late,” I reply, holding out my cup, “It’s pronounced ‘latte’ but thanks.”

… that as I grow older I realize that pleasing everybody is near impossible, but pissing people off is a piece of cake.

… that worst part of a fender bender is getting out of the car and having to meet a new person.

… that NASA can receive data from 47-year-old Voyager 1, which is 15 billion miles from Earth, but it takes me days and days to respond to a text from a friend in town?

26 comments:

  1. "It's pronounced latte," LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true! Luckily, my boss gets my sense of humor.

      Delete
  2. These are marvelous. My current 'now that I'm older' folly is that I can't stop myself from confronting people who are breaking the law or being irresponsible or being negligent. I want them to be held accountable. I want them to own their bad behavior. Trouble is... one day I'll run into one that the only thing they want to own is a gun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry about that as I drive and cuss out asshats on the road!

      Delete
  3. aussieguy10:57 AM

    I am definitely in the pissing off vs pleasing phase & I don’t see myself leaving there anytime in the future…😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I please you, that's okay, but if I piss you off, well, you probably deserved it!

      Delete
  4. These are great, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; we could all use a laugh these days!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:36 AM

    the dog's mother
    much chortling!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always room for chortling!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Cleora Borealis11:56 AM

    Just like "the dog's mother," I also chortled. And, a few times, I even guffawed! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I have done my job! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

      Delete
  7. Obviously you can’t. Oh how I wish I could say these things out loud sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "that you live your life hoping to find someone who is obsessed with you and wants all of your time, and then you realize that person is your boss." LMAO!!!!!

    When anyone says to me, I'm late, I reply- Hmmmm no, I got here when I wanted too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rarely late, but when I am, I say the exact same thing as you!

      Delete
  9. Re. the fender bender -- not only a new person, but an ANGRY new person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my case, it's family who need to understand I don't need, nor want to talk everyday. I've tried telling my daughter, I don't want to hear a word out of her until I've had my first cup of tea. She still hasn't got the message, even when I go to my room and close the door! She just opens it and keeps on talking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually ask someone who wants to call me "why?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. You please most of us with every post

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......