Saturday, August 26, 2023

Why Is It ...

… that Democrats don’t realize that Social Security is an entitlement, and the GOP doesn’t realize that Americans are entitled to Social Security because we’ve spent a lifetime paying into it?

 … that Mick Jagger is 80 and Mitch McConnell is 81 which makes it seem like the benefits of a life of sex, drugs, and rock-'n'-roll should be the way to go. Or is it because Mitch McConnell sold his soul to the Devil and Satan is demanding payment?

… rich self-entitled fools like Paris Hilton and her husband, Carter Reum, play on a beach in Maui, with their photographers taking family photos, while fires raged, homes were destroyed and businesses lost? Oh, yeah, out of touch fools.

.… that the MAGAts are threatening Civil War at the exact moment their leaders are surrendering in Georgia? Haven’t we already been here?

… that South Carolina has two senators, Scott and Graham, who are confirmed bachelors? Are they secretly dating?

… that all I need to be happy is six or seven meals a day, 10 hours of sleep, a nice pair of comfy shorts, complete solitude, and absolutely no social obligation whatsoever?

… that there are just two kinds of people: those who pack ten days in advance of a trip and think through everything, and those who wake up the morning of the trip and decide to do their laundry? And which one is Carlos?

… that during the few days after St. Patrick’s Day we don’t see alcohol in the half-off bin like we do post-Valentine’s Day candies?

27 comments:

  1. That's a really nice comparison between Jagger and McConnell, I wish I'd thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, Mick doesn't look great, but at least he isn't freezing up at the mic.

      Delete
  2. That's a good point about half-price booze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! And the day after Cinco de Mayo, too! And January 1st and 2nd!!!

      Delete
  3. McConnell looks like Dracula has just finished his lunch, but I have to say that Jagger looks bloody rough too - but clearly neither of them are as attractive as Rupert Sexy Murdoch - cannot think why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trifecta of old and unattractive?

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:33 AM

    the dog's mother
    chortle! (Carlos) and his laundry.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does what he does! 🤷🏻‍♂️
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. There is no such thing as a civil war.
    That Scott and Graham visual made me throw up a little. Not a good thing when sipping coffee.
    I tried that "happy" thing. I just got fatter and lazier. Who'da thunk?
    I don't know which is Carlos, but I wait until the last minute to pack. I don't do laundry I'm usually just hoping the trip will go away.
    Half priced booze, or half priced chalky hearts? It's a riddle for the ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point taken re: civil war!
      Scott and Graham make me a little puke-y nearly every day.
      Unless the candy is Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts, then I vote for the booze!

      Delete
  6. I don't know how to say this Bob but you have some weird off-beat thoughts. Are you sure you're not consuming excessive amounts of "recreational" drugs? I would like to see Mitch McConnell strutting the stage at The Colonial Life Arena singing, "I Can't Get No Satisfaction"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what goes on inside my head when all the voices get together.

      Delete
  7. So many Mysteries of Life Bob. And I agree with Deedles, there's no such thing as Civil in a War.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is it... SG and I pack separate suitcases and are solely responsible for them?
    What DO they do with the leftover alcohol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be completely honest, I tend to handle the packing because if Carlos had it his way he'd have no socks or underwear.

      Delete
    2. For a three-day trip, SG has likes pairs of underwear and socks. Sometimes I inspect, give him a look, and he removes a few.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous2:11 PM

    I think that you may be a little bit short on the packing question. The real question is when each of these types is married to the other, how does the household homicide rate remain zero? Is it the result of adopting the maxim "pack half of the stuff and take double the money", or has the planning spouse engaged in contemplative meditation at an undisclosed remote location while the non-planner is packing?

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was just telling Mitchell, the packing has now become solely my job, and I tell him what he's taking.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:06 PM

      I am imagiing that you are also somehow connected to the miracle of the clean laundry that magically appears when it is time to pack the bags?

      Will Jay

      Delete
    3. Anonymous8:09 PM

      PS Carlos married well 😁

      Delete
  10. Sweetpea, your Saturday thoughts are soooooo different from mine! xoxo (I LOVED the side-by-said photos of Jagger and the Tortoise!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a mess in this noggin of mine.
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. Based on the many tales of Carlos that I have read, I am guessing someone whose name rhymes with Zarlos might have forgotten some undies. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be onto something there, sir!

      Delete
  12. Ha, I'm off to Mallorca on 5 September and already have my suitcase and list out (so I guess I'm not Carlos then)! Ultimately though I realize that if I actually did forget something it's not like they don't have toothpaste in Spain, is it! Old habits die hard though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am the last minute packer, and I have never forgotten to pack underwear.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......