Thursday, October 22, 2020

Bobservations

First story: as we inch toward Halloween I would like to share the three scariest words in my life; it’s Carlos saying:

“I … was … thinking … ”

Shivers.

Second story: because we are such true romantics, we decided that the 20th anniversary gift is garden equipment, so we bought a new lawn mower.

Who said romance is dead? Not me!

If you were looking for a good reason to vote, Tuxedo says you should think of it like this:

I am dying over here because my favorite serial killer is coming back to TV.

Showtime has announced that Dexter will be back next year, with star Michael C. Hall, for 10 new episodes.

I’m here for the Bay Harbor Butcher again.

Merriam-Webster dictionary has changed “sexual preference” to be an “offensive” term  after SCOTUS nominee Amy Coney Barrett used the term—twice—and didn’t acknowledge it, or faux-pologize, until Senator Mazie Hirono took her to task for it; the dictionary says:

“The term preference as used to refer to sexual orientation is widely considered offensive in its implied suggestion that a person can choose who they are sexually or romantically attracted to.”

Merriam-Webster confirmed the change was made because of Barrett’s homophobia.

It’s not just ReTHUGlicans who are despicable, sometime Democrats are just as asshatted.

Last week Georgia state Representative Vernon Jones, a conservative MAGAt-loving, _____-supporting Democrat, crowdsurfed over a packed, mostly maskless crowd at ______’s superspreader rally in Macon.

Again, I don’t wish the virus on anyone, but if Jones were to come down with COVID-19 I might not really care.

From the Stupid File comes ______, who warned a crowd at a Corona-palooza rally in Nevada that Joe Biden would “listen to the scientists” if elected.

Oh no! Not science! ______ then added:

“If I listened totally to the scientists, we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression.”

I guess millions and millions out of work doesn’t matter as long as the markets go up.

Cast a goddamned vote!!

More stupid? CNN analyst and New Yorker contributor Jeffrey Toobin was caught masturbating on a Zoom “election simulation” in front of prominent journalists and producers.

Seriously? A grown-ass man in the middle of a zoom call, takes a break and decides to whip out his dick for a few strokes, without turning off the camera?

The New Yorker has suspended Toobin, and he has taken a leave from CNN.

Moving on to The Liar File … a few weeks ago ______ said he would spend up to $100 million of his own money on his reelection bid. Cut to October and ______ has contributed about $8,000.

Maybe he doesn’t really want it this time … or he’s broke … so let’s give him his wish.

Cast a goddamned vote!

Last week SCOTUS declared that Pennsylvania mail-in ballots that are received up to three days after the election must be counted,  and this week a U.S. federal appeals court left in place North Carolina’s plan for counting absentee ballots that arrive after Election Day.

A smackdown for _____,  but a win for democracy and free and fair elections.

Despite a federal judge's order that the US reunite families separated at the border under _____’s "no tolerance" immigration policy, the parents of 545 children still can't be found.

Thanks America; you’re complicit in stealing children from their parents. How proud we must be.

This week Pope Francis called for the passage of civil union laws for same-sex couples.

Look at that! The Pope and, by extension, the Catholic Church, have finally arrived … in 2000. How long before they join the rest of us in 2020?

After all this rubbish, I need a beefy hunk to cleanse my palate … so here’s Tom Berklund, an out Broadway actor, singer, dancer, and, as you can see, a very hot man.


He sings, he dances, he poses in his underwear … 


Okay   

17 comments:

  1. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    The announcement that they have
    245 children without their
    parents really ticked me off!

    take care, enjoy your lawn
    mower! xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lawnmower? You romantic fools!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TDM
    Carlos is mowing now!!

    @Debra
    I call us Practical Romantics, though we did have a lovely romantic dinner out, too1

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lawn mower!?!?!?!?!?!?! You too got really wet and romantic didn't you? But lawn mower sex can be fun. Which one will be sitting on the actual seat?

    Vernon Jones...glad to see he's has statesmanship and maturity.

    I'm with Jeffrey Toobin, I'm all for “erection simulation” just not on a zoom call!!!

    With the great ass in chief the song Weird science comes to mind.

    I saw the Merriam Webster and thought of sister philly queen Miriam Webster!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MM
    We made the mower stay in the garage while we celebrated in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps Borat is more up to all the cunning moves than Putrid who probably caught Don the Con with it so suggested Borat use it on the gnome?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lawnmower, huh? My kind of people! Whenever Balder Half says "I was thinking..." I always respond with "Did it hurt?"
    Good old' Lubin' Toobin. Look at that face! Poor guy. Maybe he thought that this was his chance to get into the "movies".
    The palate cleanser is quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at 'he poses in his underwear' and I scooted over to his IG. Yum.
    Of course there's despicable Dems. They're not free of sin. But this one takes the cake.
    Cruelty is the idea, for this administration. Those 500+ kids are every MAGAt's fault.
    I cannot get over Jeffrey Toobin rubbing one out on Zoom. Can't.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, Carlos... keep thinking!
    Merriam Webster - an example of true justice!
    Vernon Jones... what a tool. Enjoy the Covid!
    Toobin - also a tool, but of a different kind. Hee hee.
    I read he's refusing to use his own money and Biden currently has three times what the orange ogre's campaign chest has... as if money buys elections. VOTE!
    I love that Biden is going to have to clean up the orange ogre's messes... including the 545 children. Hmmm. Why don't we just drop them off at Melanie's penthouse in New York. I hear she loves children.
    The pope. Nope. Too little, too late. They just want to get butts in pews. F them big time. Their whole cult - built on the suppression of gays, the poor and women - needs to fade away.
    Tom needs to model more underwear. MORE UNDERWEAR, TOM. (Whatta Fire!)
    Rudy. Sigh. Also a tool... but, again... of yet another kind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Helen
    I love Rudy saying it's all a lie when it's on film!!

    @Deedles
    Carlos: I was thinking.
    Bob: Dear goddess.

    @Six
    Gay Hot Singer Dancer Underwear. I'm in.

    @uptonking
    You and I are same page today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you two sound like an old married couple! :)

    tom - yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My, you really popped out a juicy smorgasbord today, didn't you? With a nice pallet cleanser at the end. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @AM
    We kinda are!

    @Dave
    Lotsa stuff on hand, but, yeah, Tom makes it all okay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:33 PM

    Not only vote, but follow up. My jurisdiction allows you to check the status of your ballot. I dropped it off in the drop box at Voters Reg last Saturday. When I checked today it was noted as challenged. I called and was told that the signature didn't match (I signed with my full middle name rather than middle initial) and that I would be receiving a letter to reconcile it. With 12 days before the election, there is time to fix it. My evil little heart ants him to lose by a landslide +1.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, may we have more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Anon
    Good advice! Thanks for sharing that!

    @Travel
    I "bobserved" a lot this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As I often do, I'll just focus on Carlos today and "I've was thinking..." When SG says that, I usually take a deep breath. Our friends' teenager daughter regularly gets out of bed at night and says "Mum, I've been thinking..." Her mother says: "Well stop! You've done enough of that for one day." (And then she listens to everything she's been thinking about.)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......