Saturday, September 19, 2020

Another Hero Has Died

I have several  heroes in my life, people who have inspired me to do certain things, but there are three I am thinking of today …

Rosa Parks, who taught me to stand up.

Harvey Milk who taught me to come out.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg who taught me to speak up.

We are at an extremely dangerous time in our country and we all need to be like these three.

Stand up for what’s right.

Come out for the sake of very one.

Speak up against those who seek to divide us.

Be like Rosa … be like Harvey … and be like RBG.


8 comments:

  1. You are such a smart man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that, like Rosa Parks and Harvey Milk, RBG will continue to be an example for others to follow. And @AM is right; you need to vote the bastards out, especially Uterus Mitch and his buddy Trumpelstiltskin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three great people!
    take care, xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hero's and Americans. I sadly think the time is coming we will not see the likes of these people again. People don't take the responsibility, time, balls or interests these brave folks did these days. We're heading to the beach soon for a month, and I'm not even looking forward to that now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jimmy
    Thanks, but I still have loads to learn!

    @AM
    GAYmen!

    @Debra
    Thaks. She will be sorely missed.

    @Helen
    It's up to US and U.S.to keep her work going forward.

    @TDM
    Yes, ma'am.

    @Agnes
    I hope we'll see more like them again. Perhaps we've swung too far away from people doing what's right rather than simply sitting back, crossing our fingers, and hoping.
    But I will stand up, come out for what I believe in, and speak up, so, yeah , there's that!
    Take your time, have a great trip, relax and rejuvenate and come back strong!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......