Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Architecture Wednesday: Mabote House

Mabote House is one of those homes that, at first, appears simple and maybe a bit plain.

It’s not; between the spacious rooms, and the vistas through the glass, to the gorgeous pool and outdoor sunken lounge, the wide covered walkways and verandas, Mabote House in South Africa celebrates a sense of natural escapism with its seamless flow between external and internal spaces.

Natural elements were prioritized and the building layout was planned to accommodate existing trees and topography. The treatment of these elements enhance the experience of the space, and help to embed the structure in its environment more successfully.

Mabote is not in the landscape, it’s of the landscape. And I love it for its simplicity, for its clean lines, for the use of roughhewn beams and reclaimed wood walls; concrete floors and over-the top design.

It’s gorgeous and breathtaking.


6 comments:

  1. Just reading a book about someone
    who grew up in South Africa.
    Interesting to see a house from
    there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That I like, there is shape, and form, and color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like this one at first. I looked and went away instead of making a hasty judgement. I came back and the rooms kind of grew on me. That first outer picture was depressing though. I came back again. I love it now! That first picture is still depressing but everything else makes up for it. I can, however, see myself falling and breaking my neck because of forgetting the master bed is on a step. That three a.m. pee can harm a person if they are not aware of their surroundings. So I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:47 PM

    Great house...Love the layout...I see the bathroom is open in the master...That's ok but I hope the toilet is in a room...I don't want to hear my man after a heavy, upsetting dinner...Love the tranquility...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic lines and great materials. It kind of blends in with the surroundings, which is always great. I love the use of water in this kind of spaces, it brings a sense of nature to the layout.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! And the materials used are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......