Friday, July 08, 2016

I Didn't Say It ...

Mila Kunis, actress and Ukrainian refugee, on The Rump:

“The whole Syrian-refugee thing — we came here on a religious-refugee visa, and I’m not going to blow this country up. I’m clearly paying taxes. I’m not taking anything away. So the fact that people look at what’s happening and are like, ‘Pfft, they’re going to blow sh*t up’? It saddens me how much fear we’ve instilled in ourselves. And going from there to the whole, ‘Hey, let’s build a wall between Los Angeles and Mexico’ … I don’t even have to answer that one. There’s no point. It’s a really great sound bite. And it got him far. Nobody should be mad at him; we did it to ourselves.”

Not we, I’d say; some of ‘we’ might have done this but I will take no responsibility for the Rise Of Rump.
Chris Mosierfirst transgender athlete to appear in ESPN’s special ‘Body’ issue:

“I have wanted to be in the Body Issue for over a year. I think the reason I felt so inspired to do it is that I’m finally at a place where I feel very comfortable with my body. And as a trans person, being in a body that didn’t really fit me for 29 years, now I feel very comfortable in my own skin.”

Progress; and in of all places, a sports magazine.
The march goes on …
Jude Law, on turning down the role of Superman, when it was offered to him by director Bryan Singer:

“I take the suit into the bathroom and I’m putting it on and I look around and I look in the mirror and suddenly I’m Superman. And the music kind of comes in. Then I have this picture of me in that costume in posters all over the world and I was like, ‘No way!’ And I unzipped it. But I was Superman for two minutes, that was enough.”

I am not really into the superhero movies, but I cannot see Jude Law as Superman.
Seriously. Jude Law?
Tom McClintock, Teabagging Congressman from California, asking for sanctions against Democrats for that Gun Control Sit-In:

“The Constitution provides that the House may sanction members for disorderly behavior and the members responsible for the events of June 22 and 23 must be called to account for their actions, if we fail to do so we will have replaced the House rules with rules for radicals. [They] shouted down all with whom they disagreed, they blocked access to the microphones as members sought to address the chair and they illegally occupied the hall of the House — forcing an early adjournment and costing this House three full days of legislative deliberations.”

So says the Rightwingnut-Teabagging-Goose-Stepping-In-The-Pocket-Of-The-NRA-Blood-On-His-Hands asshat.
S.T.F.U.
Alexander Skarsgård, on being flattered by his gay fan-base because he grew up with strong gay role models:

“It’s always been the most natural thing to me because my uncle and godfather is a gay man and so growing up, even as a little toddler, it was just as natural as being straight. My aunt would show up with her husband and my uncle would show up with his husband. He was, by far, out of my father’s four siblings, the most fashionable and the most trendy, cool guy. So, when I was a kid, he was the one I looked up to. I thought he was really badass: fit and awesome and cool, and obviously not because he was gay. When I became a teenager and the kids made fun of other teenagers who were gay, I never really understood that. It just baffled me because my idol, my godfather, was gay, and he was the coolest guy I knew. I just couldn’t understand how that could be an insult.”

When you know better, you do better; and so, when you know a gay person, you tend not to be a homophobe.
The operative word is tend; there are exceptions to every rule.
PS Lord is he hot.

4 comments:

  1. sit-ins are legal; STFU, CA asshat! besides, it's not like congress WORKS like the rest of us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Chris Mosier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When McClintock's colleagues across the way don't obstruct the constitution (you know, Supreme Court nomination blocking), then maybe the fucktard will have a leg to stand on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Ted Cruz reading Green Eggs and Ham; was that a good use of his colleagues time? of course not, because the Cruz Missile is Republican!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......