Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Chick-fil-A Is Still Chick-fil-Hate

They say a leopard can’t change its spots, and I say bigot’s can ... rarely if ever ... change their hate.

Case in point: Chick-fil-A.

It’s been five years since Chick-fil-A chairman and CEO Dan Cathy admitted that he, and his company, was “guilty as charged” of opposing same-sex marriage. And it’s been five years since that little comment brought to light all the monies that Cathy had donated to anti-LGBT causes around the country because he hates The Gays.

But, five years back, Dan Cathy, feeling the burn of a chicken boycott, vowed to keep his mouth shut and his wallet closed to these hate-filled groups and announced that Chick-fil-A would “treat every person with honor, dignity and respect-regardless of their beliefs, race, creed, sexual orientation and gender” though the company didn’t add any LGBTQ-inclusive non-discrimination policies to its stores.

And now it turns out that Cathy’s about face was just a giant Hobby-Lobby-sized lie ...

While the company’s non-profit arms scaled back support for some of the anti-LGBT groups, Chick-fil-A Foundation’s recent IRS filings show that Dan Cathy, and Chick-fil-A,  gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to anti-LGBTQ organizations in 2015.

Worst of all, perhaps, is that on Chick-fil-A’s website it claims the foundation “is focused on helping every child become all they were created to be” a great deal of its donations went to groups that do not believe this includes LGBTQ youth.

For example, in 2015 the Chick-fil-A Foundation gave more than $1 million to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, a religious organization which seeks to utilize athletes and coaches to spread Christian teachings, along with anti-LGBTQ messages. Staff and volunteers with Christian Athletes must follow a strict “sexual purity” policy that prohibits “homosexual acts” even for married, same-sex couples.

Huh?

Chick-fil-A also gave $200,000 to the Paul Anderson Youth Home, a Georgia-based “transformative organization” that operates a “Christian residential home for troubled youth.” This “home” focuses on boys, and believes that the “sexual, physical, and mental abuse of children, mostly in the alleged ‘safety’ of their own homes has produced all kinds of evil throughout the culture to include the explosion of homosexuality in the last century.”
Yes, they donate to a group that believes boys are turned gay by some form of abuse.
In addition, the Chick-fil-A Foundation donated $130,000 to the Salvation Army which has a long history of anti-LGBTQ housing discriminationopposition to same-sex marriage equality, and supporting exemptions from non-discrimination ordinances.

With its continued foundation giving to those who preach anti-LGBTQ values — at least $1.4 million in 2015 alone — it does not appear that Cathy and Chick-fil-A have kept their promise.

Good Christians, eh?

I imagine God is looking at Cathy, and rereading his lies and promises, and She is getting angry.

10 comments:

  1. Gives a whole new meaning to choke on the chicken....and they can do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fellowship of Christain Athletes is a bunch of repressed homosexual coaches molesting boys, I mean at least from my very own experience. That group wants to represses us so they themselves can keep molesting young boys, as they did me and my friends when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we have any out here.
    btw - the anti-transgender bathroom bill failed, for
    the second time, to get enough signatures to go on
    the WA state ballot for '17.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nine years ago, just after Tim and I met and started dating, I had a day off during the week due to logging many OT hours. I decided to go hiking on a trail I hadn't been on for a long time and had a great time. On the way home, just after noon, I impulsively stopped at Chock Fulla Hate to get a snack for the rest of the drive home. I didn't remember that the cap I was wearing had a gay logo on it, or that my key chain had the rainbow. It wasn't something I thought about. I stood in the busy lobby and watched the two girls take care of everyone, except me. I was puzzled but patient. As I waited, another bunch of people walked up and ordered and were taken care of while I stood there. By this time, I wanted to see how long this would play out. The lobby was empty as I stood there waiting for them to acknowledge me. A policeman walked in, a young hot guy, and went to the counter. He looked at me and asked if I'd ordered yet and I shook my head. The girl at the counter asked if she could help him and he said, "This man was here before me." She finally looked at me (I'd been there about ten minutes by this time) and tried to make it seem like it was my fault. "Have you decided yet?" So I said, "Yes, I've decided to go somewhere else since you chose to ignore me for so long." The policeman said, "Me, too." We walked out different doors but as I was driving out, he waved at me. Haven't been back to them since that point. It was just a few months later that the whole mess broke open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:01 PM

    It's enough to make you want to give up chicken but why taken it out on a bird.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm only human, so I will say that I would have to be dragging my starving body across a trackless prairie with only that pestilential shop on the radar for 200 miles before I would eat there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @MM
    Oh, they can choke all right.

    @Fearsome
    Sorry for what you went through and that the group is still out there, with the aid of Chick-fil-A-hole, molesting children.

    @TDM
    Sadly, we have one here in Smallville but every time their name gets mentioned I talk about their homophobia.

    @Joe
    Good on you and the police officer.

    @JP
    Just take it out on the chicken place!

    @Anne
    I might just choose starvation.

    @AM
    True dat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mean Chick full of Shit? I mean, I thought everybody hear knew eating chicken could get you into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I avoid the Salvation Army because of their position on LGBT rights - we are all equal

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......