… there are times when I want to take away my best friend’s
pain and give it to someone we both hate
… that I sometimes think I’ll never retire and that I will
work up until the day of my funeral and probably use a vacation day for it
… that when someone asks how
I am, I fear that if I answer honestly I’ll be institutionalized
… that I’ve only just learned
that shouting “Let’s get this trauma started” as I clock in is ‘concerning
behavior.’
… that I’m not surprised that
my life coach told me I didn’t make the team
… that when my boss complimented
me and said he appreciated the sparkle in my eyes, I told them they were tears
… that most people don’t
understand that tattoos exist because adulting is hard and we deserve stickers
… that when someone tells me
I’m funny I tell them I would have been lobotomized in the 1940s
… that a friend told me
hiking is a good way to meet people and on my first hike I met two paramedics,
three nurses, a cardiologist and I almost met Jesus
… that my body now makes
noises that sound very expensive |
2 serious questions: was Jesus walking on water? and if so, did you get pictures?
ReplyDeleteI wish I'd found your blog before you retired. I would definitely have shouted "Let's get this trauma started". Especially in my last year.
ReplyDeleteAnd the noises that my body definitely sound expensive to repair!
Loved the tattoo one and that last one! I don't have body stickers but I do make body noises.
ReplyDeletethe dog's mother
ReplyDeletexoxo :-)
Oh! That "first hike" one! Brilliant.
ReplyDelete"...my body now makes noises that sound very expensive"
ReplyDeleteAnd if I had a car like that I'd be looking to replace it!
Will Jay
I love this: "… that most people don’t understand that tattoos exist because adulting is hard and we deserve stickers" and say, yes, please! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYour first hike -- AHAHAHAHA! This is why you shouldn't try new things without your raccoon wingman, Bob.
ReplyDeleteOh, the tattoo stickers!
ReplyDeleteSounds like my kind of hike.
A lot of places won't let you use a vacation day as your last day, they would demand that you come back to work after your funeral to get paid for that day.
ReplyDelete