Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Architecture Wednesday: Martha’s Vineyard Waterfront

This modern home on Vineyard Sound was constructed with consummate craftsmanship, superior materials, impressive attention to detail and bluestone flooring, oak, mahogany, birdseye maple, and curly ash woodwork—make the home easily maintained and well-outfitted for beach living.

Filled with light, it combines clean contemporary lines with generous proportions and views in every direction; the main level features a chef's kitchen with top-caliber appliances, a great room with a modern fireplace and oversized windows, and a charming sunroom. One family room with a wet bar and built-ins is located in the three-bedroom guest wing, while another family room with a balcony shares the top level with the luxurious primary suite. The lower level offers an exercise room and a heated indoor pool.

Outside, a beach facing patio leads to paths that wind to a private beach and jetty and to the Shining Sea Bikeway. This is a secure sanctuary, a Zen-like escape from the bustle of urban living, a smart home ideal for today's work-from-home lifestyle, and a retreat for all seasons.

I could use a beach getaway in a place like this though I have one quibble … that kitchen is screaming for an island, or else some form of public transportation to get from one side to the other!

As always click to emBIGGERate …

31 comments:

  1. Cleora Borealis9:30 AM

    Of course it has a certain beauty to it, but it's the beauty of a 5-star hotel, not a home. I am a little afraid of that much space. I get cold very easily and have trouble getting warm again...I feel cold here. I also have some hearing difficulties and the echos across these rooms are making it hard to concentrate during little chats. I'm gonna have to pass on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much wood? All those wood ceilings? It doesn't look like a relaxing beach getaway to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a wood ceiling but not in a room with wood walls and wood floors!

      Delete
  3. Oh yes! That kitchen is way too big to not have a fully equipped island in the middle. But I do love the place. I’m tired of cinderblock walls, so that will have to go. But I’ll be happy to furnish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ellen D. This place is just not for me. That pool is kind of depressing, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indoor pools always look like murder rooms to me.

      Delete
    2. Ikr? I hope that is the new hep to the jive lingo.

      Delete
    3. I'm diggin' it.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:05 AM

    the dog's mother
    "some form of public transportation"!!!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd be a hike from one side to the other; I need a rest stop in the middle!
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Roller skates.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely nothing appealing about that place ... 🤷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shape of the house and the views, but I would have to work some magic on it,

      Delete
  7. Nope, even with all the wood, it looks sterile and cold to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that, too; I called it clinical.

      Delete
  8. It's a beautiful location, but the house is a little... spa-like?
    It needs to be warmed over with artwork and some texture.
    It's beautiful, though...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the house, and the windows and the location though why they opted to photograph it in winter with bare trees is beyond me.
      I like the wood, though not on every surface; I like the kitchen but it's begging for an island.
      And I'd trowel over the cinderblock which screams school and/or prison to me.
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. There's an awful lot of timber used. I agree with you about an island bench in the kitchen. I know lens' can distort sizes but it looks very much too big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very big house ... I'd need a full time staff just to look for me when I get lost!

      Delete
  10. You're right. That kitchen is in desperate need of an island. I would need a scooter to prepare a meal there so I could zip from cabinets of ingredients to the bowls and pans. Otherwise, I'd be too tired to eat when the meal was done.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, you could move the dining room and all eight chairs into that kitchen!
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. That property has certainly got the "wow" factor. So tastefully done and beautiful use of wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's a tad too much wood, but I love the house and the location.

      Delete
  12. In the first picture it doesn't look at all appealing and in several other pictures it looks more like a school or perhaps one of those corporate retreat buildings. I could never live in it. I'd have nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too much wood! Such a beautiful location and while I don't particularly like modern I feel it could have been so much lovelier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; I like the wood, but not everywhere, and I love the location.

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......