Saturday, July 27, 2019

Update 7/27/2019

Whoosh .... what a week.

My Dad was sent to a rehabilitation hospital--closer to home, thank goodness--to learn how to maneuver a wheelchair or his KneeRover™ before he can be released; he needs to keep his new ankle off the ground at all times to avoid putting pressure on the new joints in his ankle.

And he was not happy' he said he would get out last Tuesday;nope. Then it was Thursday; nope. Then he was told he needed to have a ramp built because the stair and crutches would not be good. So, he called a guy who said he could build a ramp on Friday and so Friday was the day he was getting out. Nope; that guy was a no call no show, so we began again. Luckily we found a guy to do it on Saturday, but he's going camping Sunday and Monday, so .... if he finishes the ramp today, my Dad comes home Monday; if he finishes it Tuesday, Dad will come home then. Then Wednesday, it's down to Springfield to have the cast removed and a boot put on, and then the in-home physical therapy starts.

My brother will tag-team in on August 12th and help Dad get to his PT appointments, and I'll get home the 14th.

But Carlos and I will take those five days for our own little reunion/getaway, and blogging will resume the 19th.Until then ... play nice.

xoxo
Bob

13 comments:

  1. Miss you! Bestest to your Dad and Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,
    So sorry your Dad is having to go through all this. It's always concerning when we have to depend on others who have to emotional tie to the wanted speedy outcome. I hope all ends up OK and your Dad can start his at-home therapy soon. Take care, and keep positive thoughts toward getting home to Carlos. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the dogs' mother said. Also, hugs and forehead kisses to the lot of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear all is going well. But you keep saying play nice. What have you heard!?!?!?!

    Reunion? like you'll leave the boudoir...….

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely they could have told your Dad earlier in the process that a ramp would be needed? How many people can get a ramp built magically overnight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TDM
    Back atcha.

    @Susan
    My father is a lot of things, but mostly he's extremely positive. and so that does wonders!

    @Deedles
    Forehead kisses! Me loves that!

    @MM
    Oh, I know y'all play nice, i just like to give a nudge when I can. And we will have a nice loooong reunion, soon!

    @Debra
    There was the idea that he could use crutches to go up the four steps, but with the cast on his leg, and the fact my father is no spring chicken, that plan was shelved. And then it took me a hot minute to get someone to come out and build the ramp--four feet by twelve feet, with handrails--as quickly as possible. But it's being done today, so we move on ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Medical Delays! Holy Shit! Nothing ever happens on time... believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you and carlos need a reunion????? whatever for????? ;-b

    I have seen those "knee rovers" in action; I would rather have that than a wheelchair! GO BOB'S DAD GO! he will regain his strength faster once he's home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frustrating, I know. But it does sound like everything is progressing, which is very good to hear. (and reunions are always the most fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. play nice? nope, just don't get caught.

    wishing a continued speedy recovery to your dad.

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your father and the delays. It's so frustrating when you're ready to get on with your life! Glad you and Carlos will have a break together. And as for playing nice: I'll think about it, but I'm not making any promises.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs back to you too Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP! I know I hardly blog anymore (time) but you are literally the ONLY person, except for maybe Marie in Philly who comment on my few posts and I noticed I hadn't read anything from you for a while and I got to worrying. And then I thought … OH NO … CARLOS? But now I see your dad had surgery! Ugh! Well, though I'm sorry he's going through a tough time, he has you to help him recuperate. You're a good son Bob. Glad your absence was nothing serious!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......