Friday, April 29, 2011

I Didn't Say It........

Christina Aguilera, on her Superbowl/National Anthem flub:
"I took in the moment a little bit too much. Shoot me for appreciating the moment but here I am at the Super Bowl...singing for a team and in front of the world. And remembering what it was like to be that young and look where I made it now. {but] that night I knew, I just made myself a Trivial Pursuit question...In 2011 what female singer, ya know, flubbed the lyrics. It's just insane. But I have a really good laugh about it and you get over things. You get back up again and you just prove to yourself and to everyone you're that much stronger."

This makes me wonder if she's talking about the 'flub,' or her ALLEGED new fondness for the drink. I mean, I loves me some Christina, but she's looking a little vodka-bloated lately.

Kara DioGuardi, on quitting, or being fired from, 'American Idol':
"I called them after I saw reports about the show and they said now that Ellen is leaving it's put everything up in the air because now we need to replace two people so we don't know what's going on. So I asked if I was fired and they said "no," so I said well last week we were talking about auditions, am I definitely doing the show? And they said, "We can't say that for sure but you're definitely not fired." I thought I'm not going to hang around and wait to see what happens, so I sent them a letter asking them to release me from their contract which they would not do until they sorted it all out. I think the reality is that the panel was not set up until the very end."

Um, Kara, when you ask someone if you are working, and they respond with a "We can't say that for sure...." Honey, you're fired. M'kay?

Rachel Maddow, on coming out, especially for people in the news business:
"I'm sure other people in the business have considered reasons why they're doing what they're doing, but I do think that if you're gay you have a responsibility to come out."

I agree completely.
Staying closeted, for whatever reason, whether you want to protect your privacy, or keep your private life private, or however you phrase it, still smacks of a little self-loathing and shame to me.
Plus, the more people that come out, the more people will come to realize that being gay isn't so different from being straight.
Except for that whole fabulousness part. 


Larry Kramer, on his 'problem' with the younger generation of gay men:
"I don't know why so many gay men don't want to know their history. I don't know why they turned their back on the older generation as if they don't want to have anything to do with them. I would like us to get beyond that....Sometimes when I go to schools, kids say that they're taught to be non-confrontational or non-participatory now, almost like it's not cool to have opinions and express them, which is sad. I hope we're coming out of all that." 

You can't ever know where you're going, if you don't know where you've been, and who fought for you to be right where you are.
We learn about the history of the world, the history of America, we need to know the history of gay people, and how they struggled and fought and lived and died so we could be here today. 


Kelly McGillis, on her public coming out:
"Fundamentally, I was just tired of lying about who I am. I've reached a point where my kids are grown, they're out of the house, they no longer have to be concerned that their friends, their friends’ families, will put them in compromising emotional situations because of my sexual preference. That was a big concern of mine because, unfortunately, a lot of people are not very tolerant. I got to a certain age and I didn’t give a s— anymore." 

This is the shame I was talking about. By staying closeted "for her kids" Kelly McGillis fed into that mythology that being gay is something scary or bad or different.
And do not get me started on her calling being gay her 'preference'.
Just proves that even gay people can say idiotic things.
Which proves we are more like straight people that many straight people think.
Except, again, for that whole fabulousness part. 


Rick Santorum, on denying gay rights, er, privileges:
"They have the right to be able to -- employment. I don't know what you mean by rights. What I'm talking about are privileges. Privileges of marriage, privileges of government benefits is a different thing than basic rights to live their lives as they well should and can as free Americans." 

So, Mister Frothy Mix, things we should be happy with less-than.
See, people like Santorum think of the LGBT community as a 'they,' and he believes that that 'they' shouldn't be treated like the rest of  'us'.
Think again you sanctimonious prig. 


Mel Gibson, on his bad image as a homophobe, anti-Semite, misogynist:
"I’ve never treated anyone badly or in a discriminatory way based on their gender, race, religion or sexuality -- period. I don’t blame some people for thinking that though, from the garbage they heard on those leaked tapes, which have been edited. You have to put it all in the proper context of being in an irrationally, heated discussion at the height of a breakdown, trying to get out of a really unhealthy relationship. It’s one terribly, awful moment in time, said to one person, in the span of one day and doesn’t represent what I truly believe or how I’ve treated people my entire life." 

Yeah, I know he's talking about his taped telephone rants, but, um, Melvin? You delusional fuck?
Do you not remember your anti-Semitic rant when you were arrested for being a boozehound?
Do you not remember calling a female office 'sugar tits'?
You can't rewrite history, jackass.
You're an anti-Semitic, misogynistic, homophobe.
Deal with it. 


GaGa, on calling herself a loser in her new HBO special:
"Well, in that moment I was very excited and nervous. That is a huge benchmark moment in my life. I'm 25 years old. I was asked to play Madison Square Garden. Sold out 5 nights and quite frankly it's very overwhelming. Do I feel like a loser sometimes? Yes, of course I do. We all feel like losers sometimes." 

Oh, yes, I'm sure when you have teams of minions carrying you around in an egg, or ask Cher to hold your meat purse, you feel like a loser.
And I'm sure when millions line up to see you in concert you feel like a dork.
Pity? Party of one. 


Tracy Morgan, on Charlie Sheen:
"Charlie Sheen ain't funny to me. I think that's a train wreck and I feel bad for his two little kids because they're the bodies being pulled out of the train wreck. What's going to happen to them? But everybody thinks it's a joke….While this a–hole is going on stage making a fool of himself his kids are going to suffer and don't even know it because this is a cycle of abuse." 

Tracy Morgan is kind of a nut-job, too.
So, when a nut-job calls you out for being crazy, maybe you ought to step away from the crack pipe, and the whores, and listen. 


Oklahoma's gun-totin', wingnut, homophobe, racist, Sally Kern, on banning affirmative action:
"We have a high percentage of blacks in prison and that’s tragic, but are they in prison just because they are black or because they don’t want to study as hard in school? I’ve taught school, and I saw a lot of people of color who didn’t study hard because they said the government would take care of them."

Wow.
She doesn't even try to hide the fact that she's a racist bitch.
Um, Sally, i know a lot of white folks who didn't study in school either, and I'm thinking you're probably one of them. 


Lawrence O'Donnell, on why he invited looney-tunes Birther, Orly Taitz, on his show, right before he kicked her off:
"She's crazy. I invited a crazy person on the show to see if a crazy person faced with the thing that the crazy person was trying to get for the two and a half years could say something responsive, something human to the document that was released today." 

Now, this falls under the category of "Told You So."
I like O'Donnell, but did he really think a wingnut lunatic like Taitz would ever cop to being wrong?
It's the new GOP model, You lie and when you get called out on your lie you just keep talking.
Palin, Gingrich, Bachmann, and Trump are all doing it.

6 comments:

  1. I think that Taitz person falls under the category of flying rodent excrement delusional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you have to tell yourself, Santorum, to justify your hate! Just keep it up because you are digging yourself into a bigger hole. If it's such a freaking PRIVILEGE to marry, why does everyone get to do it except gays? Every psycho and dumbass can pick up a license. You can molest children, have an IQ smaller than your shoe size and even commit murder and you are still 'priveleged?'

    He just proved that he thinks gays are second class citizens. So nice of him to allow that they have rights, like working and paying taxes THAT PAY HIS SALARY.

    Okay, I'll stop yelling now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard Tracy Morgan interviewed on the radio. He's bright, compassionate, humble and really insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor X-Tina: Flubbed anthem, bomb album, divorce, and a DUI...in the same year??? I would sorta be drinking too!
    I totally agree with Rachel Maddow. Get it together celebugays. This is 2011. You don't need a publicist to weave a heterosexual image of you anymore.
    I disagree with Larry Kramer. As one of the newer gays he is one of my HEROES!
    I am sooooo OVER Lady Gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:12 AM

    I should invite Sally Kern to my 'hood. I know a lot of white people here who didn't study in school and keep the po po busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great responses.. their publicist have done well!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......