Friday, April 02, 2010

I Didn't Say It

The reviews are in on Mylie Cyrus' new movie, The Last Song, and, well, she ought to rethink quitting her day job:
The New York Times:
"Acting, for the moment at least, seems almost entirely beyond her…she pouts, slouches, storms in and out of rooms and occasionally cracks a snaggle-toothed smile, but most of the time she seems to be mugging for the camera, play-acting rather than exploring the motives and feelings of her character."
The New York Post:
"Cyrus makes the most dubious 'dramatic' debut of any singer since Britney Spears."
The Village Voice:
"I can't recall ever squirming as much as I did during Ronnie and Will’s first kiss; shiny, buff Liam Hemsworth looks like he's locking lips with an Andy Hardy–era Mickey Rooney in a wig."

Cheyenne Jackson, on growing up in Idaho, bondage, his first crush, and his formative gay years:
"I’m not really a bondage, tie-up kind of guy, but every time that Valentine’s Day Popeye cartoon would come on, the one where he ties Bluto up, it would make me feel weird in my stomach...When I was 13 and in eighth grade, I was obsessed with my best friend. I was in love with him. He had blond curly hair and he was a Mormon. I just thought I wanted to kiss him all the time, so I thought ‘Hey, I’m totally gay.’"


Iowa Gov. Chet Culver, congratulating the state legislature for refusing to consider a constitutional amendment overturning same-sex marriage, on the one year anniversary of marriage equality in Iowa:
"We stood firm for the civil rights of every Iowan by saying loudly and clearly that any and all efforts to add discriminatory amendments to our state constitution have no place in our state constitution. Regardless of our personal views, we have a line that needs to be drawn between the executive branch and the judicial branch and I think Iowans are ready to move on and accept that unanimous decision."

Gerard Butler, on his best asset:
"I love to show my rear-end in roles. I'm thinking it's becoming a bit of a habit, a bit of a tradition that I have to show my a– in every movie that I can. No, actually it was always a great moment and it speaks volumes about this character. So if there is a scene where I have to drop my drawers and I think there is a genius reason behind it, I'm ready. If I have to bare my a– again in future films, then so be it."

Jon Bon Jovi on aging in rock'n'roll:
"I find it hard to believe I'm 47 already, because I still feel like 18. I don't plan on being the next Mick Jagger and to keep on going till my late 60s. But at the moment I don't see a reason why I should stop."
Ben Stiller, on who he wanted to be when he became an actor:
"I wanted to be like an Al Pacino/Robert Deniro guy, because I loved those movies growing up. But that just wasn't in the cards."

2 comments:

  1. Gerard Butler can show his ass anytime he wants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miley must be sent back to Mars

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......