Friday, December 19, 2008

Bits'n'Pieces



I got this from Joie to the max who says he got it from Tres Fab Sweetie.

So I'm going to abscond with it and put it on my spot.


The house I grew up in…small. I remember being able to stand in my sisters room and touch two opposing walls at the same time. It was yellow; it was in a cul-de-sac; it had a giant oak tree in the back yard.
When I was a child I wanted to be…an adult. It's an ongoing process. Now, I think I'm aiming for happy, and I'm pretty much there most of the time.
The moment that changed me for ever…realizing I was gay, and then realizing a few years that being gay was okay. Being content with myself made me able to be content with the world.

My greatest inspiration…is (are) my mother and father, who taught me that you don't have to be one thing or another; you don't have to squeeze into a mold; who taught me that all you really get in life is happiness.
My real-life villain…people who don't think for themselves, but let other people force their opinions.

If I could change one thing about myself…I think I might change my ability to be the biggest procrastinator on the planet. I'm going to start that right after Christmas.....or the New Year.
At night I dream of…all sorts of things. Dreams are some of my favorite things because mine are sometimes continued, like a very special episode of Blossom....or NYPDBlue; they make no sense, really.

What I see when I look in the mirror…a work in progress. Some days progress is made; some days all the work shuts down and the tiny construction crew goes home for a long weekend.
My style icon… whoever invented comfortable clothes; whoever said it's okay to not wear shoes all the time; whoever made it okay not to be a walking advertisement for every brand of clothing and shoe out there.

My favourite item of clothing…a plain white T.
I wish I'd never worn...that leather fringe vest when I was in the seventh grade. I was, by no means, David Cassidy, or even Peter Brady.
You wouldn’t know it but I’m very good at…math. I hate it. I hate it. I hate. But I'm good at it. Go figure.
All my money goes on…Freakin’ bills. This was Joie's answer and oddly enough, mine, too.
I drive/ride…2004 Saturn VUE. Carlos calls it an ambulance because it's white; I call her Leonora for no reason at all.
My most valuable possession is…life, Carlos and my family; less atmospheric than that: a red-black-white-grey afghan my mother crocheted for me.

My favourite building…The Chrysler Building; love the gargoyles.

Movie heaven… a good English movie; the English make you think more often than not; they don't spell out all the answers,

A book that changed me…is the Tao Te-Ching because it puts it all in perspective.

My favourite work of art… Dali's Lincoln. From far away it is a portrait of Lincoln; up close it's a woman on a balcony.


The last album I bought/downloaded… it's a toss-up between anything by Billie Holiday and ...Nothing Like The Sun by Sting
The person who really makes me laugh… is Carlos. That accent is not only sexy, but it makes for interesting word choices and sayings. I feel like Lucy to his Ricky.
The shop I can’t walk past…any bookstore.
The best invention ever… would have to be the computer, or I wouldn't be doing this right now. Of course, there's always the wheel, or fire, or flight, or electricity, or....
In ten years time, I hope to be…still with Carlos, still happy, still here.
My greatest regret …is, well, I have regrets, we all do, but I try not to dwell on them. Regrets mean you want to change something, want something to be different. But if I changed even one small thing in my life I might not be here, and I kinda like it here.
My life in seven words…can't we all just get along?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see this made it's rounds!!! :) GREAT blog! I'm adding you to my Blogs I Love! :)


    OH..and for the record...The Chrysler Building is second for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fascinating person you are.
    wow...love Dali but never knew about that painting....it's just intriguing. How he do dat?
    ..charlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Dali is something else.
    A friend and I were in SanFrancisco years ago, walking by an art gallery, and as I looked inside, I saw a ginormous Lincoln portrait. So we walked in, talking and stopping to look at other pieces as we worked our way back. When we arrived at the Lincoln, it wasn't there; there was only the woman on the balcony. Then you saw the little squares he painted to form the woman, one of them being a miniature of his Lincoln.
    It was very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......