Friday, September 02, 2016

I Didn't Say It ....

Joe Biden, on [t]Rump]s character or there caricature that is t]Rump:

“If you ever talked about people like he does, I’m not joking, I really genuinely mean this..if you ever sat there and talked about how cool it was that John down the street ‘got fired’… You ought to come from a household where some people were fired, where the plant closed down, where all of the sudden they are staring at the ceiling and wondering how in God’s name am I going to make it. I’m being deadly earnest here, this parts not the campaign speech, man. This is about the character of the person we’re talking about electing as the president of the United States.”

Thanks Joe. Once again you make everything so clear. It’s character, something Donald [t]Rump with all his “millions” will never have.
Colin Kaepernick, 49ers quarterback, on his practice socks, which compare police officers to pigs, though he carefully makes the distinction between police officers who unjustly kill citizens, and honorable police officers who serve their communities:

“I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust. I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before these socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately.”

We need to be aware that, in every position in life, there are good ones and bad ones, and we need to be able to call out the bad ones without people assuming we mean "all" of them.
Kaeprnick is in no way saying all cops; he 's saying some cops.
That's the distinction.
Eric [t]Rump, finally spilling the tea as to why his Daddy is running for President:

“He opens up the paper each morning and sees our nation’s leaders giving a hundred billion dollars to Iran, or he opens the paper and some new school district has just eliminated the ability for its students to say the pledge of allegiance, or some fire department in some town is ordered by the mayor to no longer fly the American flag on the back of a fire truck. Or he sees the tree on the White House lawn has been renamed ‘holiday tree’ instead of ‘Christmas tree.’ I could go on and on for hours. Those are the very things that made my father run, and those are the very things he cares about.”

Funny, then, that after all this time, Daddy [t]Rump has never mentioned one of these things.
Desperation doesn’t look good on you, Eric, but then, nothing does.
Colton Haynes, newly out actor, on his Human Rights Campaign Visibility Award:

“I never made a decision to be gay. That came just as naturally as the color of my eyes. But … it’s up to me to be honest and open with everyone. And that’s why I’m here tonight, and why it’s so special for me. I’m asked to play so many roles as an actor. But tonight I can actually be myself for the first time. … I don’t necessarily feel especially deserving of this recognition. We all know there are many other people who have come before me and blazed the trail as LGBT advocates and as role models. And I’m walking in their shoes and I’m following their lead. Instead I’ll accept this award as a promise. And this promise is simple and real. And I’m not making it to you. I’m making it to the next generations of lesbians and gay men, bisexuals, and transgender youth, and I hope my example will give them the confidence and hope to be who they are as well. And for them to conquer their own fears and hesitations. I want to give them just a little more courage to know that they’re loved just as they are.”

That’s all any of us can do by coming out is to light the way and provide a path for those who come after.
Rob Reiner, director, on [t]Rump and his visit to Mexico:

“Clearly we are not sending our best to Mexico. We’re sending liars. We’re sending narcissists. We’re sending sociopaths.”

Luckily the people of Mexico didn’t fall for his tricks; now, if only America would get that memo.

4 comments:

Say anything, but keep it civil .......