Friday, May 18, 2018

I Didn't Say It ....


Mo Brooks, a Republican Congressman from Alabama, because of course, on the cause of rising sea levels:

“Every time you have that soil or rock or whatever it is that is deposited into the seas, that forces the sea levels to rise, because now you have less space in those oceans, because the bottom is moving up.”

Brooks then said the California coastline and the White Cliffs of Dover tumble into the sea every year, and that contributes to sea-level rise.
Seriously; a grown-assed, ALLEGEDLY intelligent man, said this.
Damn those White Cliff of Dover for ruining our planet!
Rex Tillerson, former Secretary of State, fired by Tweet, the commencement address today at the Virginia Military Institute:

“If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no long grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom. A responsibility of every American citizen to each other is to preserve and protect our freedom by recognizing what truth is and is not, what a fact is and is not. Begin by holding ourselves accountable to truthfulness and demand our pursuit of America’s future be fact-based – not based on wishful thinking, not hoped-for outcomes made in shallow promises – but with a clear-eyed view of the facts as they are, and guided by the truth that will set us free to seek solutions to our most daunting challenges. When we as people, a free people, go wobbly on the truth, even on what may seem the most trivial of matters, we go wobbly on America.”

Huh. I wonder who he might be talking about.
Ryan Murphy, announcing that all profits from his new show on the 1980s New York ballroom scene, Pose, will be donated towards Transgender and LGBTQ communities:

“I am donating 100 percent of my profits from my new FX show POSE towards trans and LGBTQ charitable organizations. These groups do amazing work and need our support. Every day for the next 14 days I will highlight a group I’m supporting, and encourage you to do the same!”

Good for him. Hopefully the show is successful and lots of coins come forth!
Wilbur Ross, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, on the assertion by China, during trade talks, that American beef was tainted with mad cow disease:

“I pointed out to them that both the president and I eat quite a lot of American beef. And other than the fact that we’re in public office, there are no signs of mental instability as a result.”

Sorry, Wilbur, both you and the Fat Bastard are mad as hatters.
And dumb, too.
Andrew Garfield, starring in the Broadway revival of Tony Kushner’s Angels in America, on Miss Vanjie’s now iconic exit from RuPaul’s Drag Race:

“I was so disappointed to see Miss Vanjie go – as everyone was. And that exit is like one of the iconic moments…I believe…of Drag Race history… What the hell was that?  Were you taken over by a divine entity? It’s hypnotized the culture. She was channeling, there was something…Bruce Springsteen and Miss Vanjie, I feel changed by so far this year – maybe Miss Vanjie slightly more profoundly.”

Carlos and I cannot get enough of "Miss Vanjie ... Miss Vanjie ... Miss Vanjie."
We use it all the time!
Deadpool, crashing Stephen Colbert’s Late Show monologue: 

“And President Trump spent the day complaining on Twitter about leaks inside the White House, because we all know Trump prefers his leaks inside of Russian hotel rooms. You get it, Stephen? Because the president watched two Russian prostitutes urinate on a hotel-room mattress?”

Listen to Deadpool.
Jason Statham, apologizing now for his tirade … if he said it:

“Someone approached me claiming to have a tape of me using terms offensive to the LGBTQ community during a conversation I had with my producing partner, on a movie set five years ago. I have never heard the recording and my multiple requests to hear the recording have been refused. I have no recollection of making any of these offensive comments. However, let me be clear, the terms referenced are highly offensive. If I said these words, it was wrong and I deeply apologize. Anyone who knows me knows it doesn’t reflect how I feel about the LGBTQ community. While I cannot fix what was said in the past, I can learn from it and do better in the future.”

This is what ALLEGEDLY said that day:

“Stop acting like a f***ing fag. I hate that faggity f***ing shit. Talking, whispering …you guys are acting like a bunch of f***ing faggots. If you want to tell me something don’t wait till I do 15 f***ing takes before you say something. Stop being a f**king fag and be more assertive…. I just hate that f***ing faggity behaviour f***ing faggity shit… f***ing fags, I just hate that s***.”

I wonder how someone can forget that kind of tirade.
But I hope that if Statham did say these things he’s learned that being a dick doesn’t pay.

10 comments:

  1. Boy a lot of gop buffoons here today!!!!! And the Ryan Murphy show sounds in treating.

    NOW it's the weekend....exxcuse me and remember. Miss Vanjie....miss Vannjjie. Miss Vannnnnje!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's why we're flooding in Eastern WA. Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, noes! I apologize for my part in raising the ocean water. I threw a couple of rocks in the Pacific ten years ago while visiting Monterrey! Please forgive me Mo, you big dummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The east coast of England, up the channel from Dover, is falling into the sea far faster than the White Cliffs (with or without the assistance of bluebirds)

    And I am definitely not going to watch or read anything to do with bloody weddings (forgive my French)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to LOL - nay, BELLOW - at that Ross chappie's saying that the Very Stable Genius eats a lot of American Beef, as he does himself, and "there are no signs of mental instability". Well, takes one to know one, I suppose.

    I'm not saying that Jason Statham is definitely not guilty pf the slurs, but those alleged insults, all centring around 'fag/faggot/faggotty' do sound odd coming from a Brit. It's simply not a word that is used here - there are more than plenty of 'our own' disparagements to choose from. However, with his frequent acquaintanceship with Americans, I'd have to admit that some of it could have rubbed off in him. But it seems strange (I almost said 'queer'!) using variants of 'fag' to the exclusion of much more readily accessible and more common British-English put-downs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's cue to think Ryan Murphy's show will make a profit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mo Brooks needs to read mo books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mo Brooks might as well have said the seas are getting higher because "the walls came a tumblin' down..."

    I thought most of the beef the Idiot Jerk ate came from MacDonalds...

    Doesn't sound like Statham, he'd just tell you to 'fuck off.'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for including some goodness here to wash out the taste of badness.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......